Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Did I get keylogged?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey guys, I think I got keylogged. I'm looking for help here, not stupid comments, so please only help. Basically, I log in this morning, and my email says that it doesn't recognize the password. Same with steam, it says my acc credentials expired. I didn't download anything out of the ordinary, nor did I go to any random sites. The only thing I can think of it being is a program called RocketDock. I just got it a few weeeks ago to make my desktop look better, and now I lost all passwords except for facebook, youtube, and netflix. I can't retrieve my steam acc, because it's hooked up to that gmail acc that I have, and I can't change the pass to gmail because when I set it up a few years ago, it asked for a secondary email acc and now I don't remember that one (when you hit send, it doesn't tell you what email it sends to, just ******@g*****.com...I know it isn't a gmail acc though, lol. Anyways, the weird part of this is that on my dad's computer, he wasn't able to log in to his email either. But it happened maybe 15 minutes after we switched to at&t internet, which is pissing me off. Anyways, if you had the heart to read this, thank you, even if you don't have suggestions. I would appreciate any helpful comments, too. Thanks!!! *BTW* I have never gotten keylogged before, so I'm not really sure how to deal with it if i did. I have AVG pro (it's the good shit that you pay for, and it hasn't made me disappointed, so don't make fun of it :D) and it didn't come up with any viruses. :| I am so confused!!!

Replies

• Kapanga avatar
    Kapanga Joined 11y ago
    924 points Ranked 41144th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    AVG is shit. I'd use malware bytes antimalware for a scan, but if they got your keys... at least you'd know that you have something wrong.
    The last hero of the world... avatar
    Mantra
    The last hero of the world...
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 12y ago
    16,141 points Ranked 328th
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    Malware Bytes isn't an antivirus and doesn't have a resident shield or equivalent. It's not sufficient on it's own.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • [F]ox avatar
    [F]ox Joined 12y ago
    289 points Ranked 50890th
    access_time 9y
    I would rather use something that people pay for, than a stupid fucking malware download that prolly has malware packed into it. Get off that subject, please. Anyone got any idears?
    Since 1991!
    URL to post:
  • Sarkdog avatar
    Sarkdog Joined 12y ago
    8,719 points Ranked 674th
    access_time 9y
    "AVG is shit." It's shit because? Anyway I have no idea. I doubt that someone actively checks your keylog.
    IMA FIRE FLAME SPITTA
    URL to post:
  • Kapanga avatar
    Kapanga Joined 11y ago
    924 points Ranked 41144th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    Posted 18 minutes ago Malware Bytes isn't an antivirus and doesn't have a resident shield or equivalent. It's not sufficient on it's own.
    That's why I said for a scan.
    The last hero of the world... avatar
    Mantra
    The last hero of the world...
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 12y ago
    16,141 points Ranked 328th
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    Malware Bytes is a good program, I also recommend you run a scan with it right now, I was just pointing out, since he was bashing AVG and providing MB as an alternative, that it's not a replacement for an antivirus.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Dr. Whoop DSc Joined 11y ago
    35,274 points Ranked 127th
    access_time 9y
    I would rather use something that people pay for, than a stupid fucking malware download that prolly has malware packed into it
    Malware bytes is a perfectly legit program, there's no harm in just installing it and checking if it can find anything. & AVG is fine..
    URL to post:
  • [F]ox avatar
    [F]ox Joined 12y ago
    289 points Ranked 50890th
    access_time 9y
    Never tell your password to anyone. HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: Yay for banned accounts? Foxxayy: ? Foxxayy: i don't really care to be honest, i'll never use it anymore anyways lol Foxxayy: and dark prolly told you the information rofl Foxxayy: i take it this is clips or jay or some little kid? HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: jay sounds likea cool name lets go with tht Foxxayy: can i at least get my gmail back Foxxayy: you can have the acc Foxxayy: steam acc* Foxxayy: i don't care about it anymore HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: hmmmmm HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: let me think about it Foxxayy: if this is clips i gotta tell you something Foxxayy: but i don't think it is HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: let me see if any interesting is on there Foxxayy: just emails from teachers, spam, and some e-love with a girl from norway as a troll attempt HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: wtf Foxxayy: it's my trash email, but i use it more than my regular one HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: wats in it for me Foxxayy: a fucking steam account child Foxxayy: how'd you do it btw, i know it isn't a keylogger Foxxayy: you aren't smart enough for that Foxxayy: fucking sasquatch HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: quick to be so sure? HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: sasquatch wtf HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: oohhh facebook Foxxayy: go for it HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: hmm there has to be something worth my while Foxxayy: like i said Foxxayy: you have a steam account Foxxayy: with mw2 and css Foxxayy: just sell that shit Foxxayy: that's what i'd do HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: or there has to be something in this emailu want Foxxayy: no i just have used it for ages HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: idc about accounts i got many Foxxayy: kind of a...how do i put it Foxxayy: nostalgic thing Foxxayy: how did you do it though Foxxayy: there's a few accounts i need stolen Foxxayy: you know what i mean, fucking children these days HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: got all that i can from u mine as well tell u HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: scan ur comp im sure ull find it Foxxayy: already did Foxxayy: nothing HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: or wat u have protecting u? Foxxayy: avg and multiple malware programs HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: lol Foxxayy: regardless, i haven't downloaded anything anyone's sent me on this computer HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: some kid doesnt like u Foxxayy: what's his name HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: paypaled me to get ur account HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: im from gorroncity.net Foxxayy: hmmm Foxxayy: who was it? Foxxayy: i'm just curious Foxxayy: i mean i can't talk to them anymore obviously rofl Foxxayy: and how much he paypal you like 20 bucks? i should get like 5 of that HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: some kid im geussing u raged at he gave mea huge essay about how he was tierd of you Foxxayy: hahaha Foxxayy: yeah i'm a troll Foxxayy: everyone knwos i am, i guess he's just another child Foxxayy: you could give him the steam account in my apologies, i guess HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: fck him HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: my account Foxxayy: other than that, i really have no idea who i've made mad haha Foxxayy: alright then Foxxayy: well, like i said, keep the acc Foxxayy: i really don't care Foxxayy: i literally didn't buy shit on that account Foxxayy: it technically isn't even mine Foxxayy: and as you've seen my email, there's nothing in there of my use Foxxayy: i just want it back so i don't have to create a fucking new one Foxxayy: so used to using that one Foxxayy: ... Foxxayy: seriously though, how much did he pay you HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: enough to have me go threw all the work to get it Foxxayy: haha i guess Foxxayy: well, i used to hack things and I know i would never tell anyone my methods so I guess i'll just not ask how you did it again haha HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: want to buy it backor wat Foxxayy: rofl Foxxayy: that's where you messed up HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: im a man on the side of the highest bidder Foxxayy: you don't realize, i really don't care about the steam acc or the gmail, i only want the gmail because i'm tired of changing accounts Foxxayy: so no, of course not Foxxayy: i'll just go create a new gmail and be on my way HIA EVERA ONE From NEW FOXXY: have a good life thx for mw2 game looks sweet Foxxayy: yeah have fun Foxxayy: like i said, i never use it, so it's just wasted space
    Since 1991!
    URL to post:
  • Eugene avatar
    Eugene username pic Joined 14y ago
    8,278 points Ranked 719th
    20 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    If you are a troll, what the heck am I? :/
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
    URL to post:
  • austin745 avatar
    austin745 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 9y
    Damn man that sucks. Whats gorroncity.net?
    Bombs Away
    URL to post:
  • Eugene avatar
    Eugene username pic Joined 14y ago
    8,278 points Ranked 719th
    20 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    access_time 9y
    Nothing, I tried to search it up nothing came up.
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
    URL to post:
  • austin745 avatar
    austin745 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 9y
    i searched google and came up with this Click I believe he mistyped and meant only one r. There is a goroncity.net and it looks like its a cs hacking site or something of that nature.
    Bombs Away
    URL to post:
  • Smithz avatar
    Smithz username pic Joined 12y ago
    674,007 points Ranked 2nd
    22 medals 2 legendary 5 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon