Change Weapon Fire Sound

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Serious Lover points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

I need some advice in changing the fire sounds of the weapons

So, here is the problem, I want to edit a weapon to use a different fire sound file in a sub-folder of sound/weapons/, but when I decompile the model in the .qc file it only has muzzleflash event (5001) on the fire anim, well, I add a sound event (5004) and add the path to the sound I want to use, but then in game it seems that I didn't replace the original fire sound, but it rather plays both the original and the new sound at the same time, which I think means that there is other place that defines the fire sounds other than the .qc file, does anyone know how to fix this? BTW I have a reason for not simply replacing the original sound file in sound/weapons/. I know it is possible to remove the original sound in the model somehow, as I've seen a custom ak-47 that uses new sound file for fireing. I tried decompiling it and looking in the files to see how it was done, but I couldn't find a clue.

• 7y
    ManTuna avatar
    ManTuna avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    50,133 points Ranked 75th
    23 medals 5 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    the only way i know is to replace the sound in the folder itself. Go to the folder of the weapon sound you want replaced /cstrike/sound/weapons/name of weapon/ and look inside the folder. It should be named something like ak47-1 or m4a1-1 depending on the weapon. Just rename the sound you want to that name and stick it in the folder and it will work.
    I make shit move avatar
    Mantra
    I make shit move
  • 7y
    Serious Lover avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    Well, I explicitly told you that I have a reason for not doing that exact same thing. After a lot of researching I found out that the fire sounds are hardcoded and not in the .qc, because if it was like that only you will hear them because only you use the v_ model, the others that see you with the p_ model won't hear them. Too bad that there is no other way.
    Bananite
  • 7y
    ManTuna avatar
    ManTuna avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    50,133 points Ranked 75th
    23 medals 5 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    my bad. I don't know how condition zero does the sound files. I know for css you can edit it with a script to point the sound in a different location and with a different name. Don't know if it's possible for cz though. Don't have any experience compiling for that game, sorry :/
    I make shit move avatar
    Mantra
    I make shit move

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Category