Problems with skin after compile

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending regret13 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

Need help - Reversed textures.

I'm just a nub toying around with skins and trying to figure out some of the finer details of actual modification. Changing the weapons's location in regards to P models, making P and W models from a V model, changing position of groups in a model, etc I've been able to get but this one things I've beat myself over the head with for several days and haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work. I'm trying to convert one of my CS1.6 models to use CZ arms and I can't find the proper method to do it. I've gotten very close but the actual model and texture on the arm, which looks perfect in Milkshape, appears to reverse once it's compiled and viewed in Jed's. I'll try to explain what I did the clearest way I can. After trying several methods the best method I could find was to take the CS1.6 model and the host CZ model and decompile both. After decompiling I took the hands reference (we will call it HandsCZ.smd) and the CZ hands texture and placed them in the folder of the decompiled CS1.6 model. I renamed the CS1.6 hands reference to HandsCS16.smd and then renamed HandsCZ.smd to Hands.smd (the original name of HandsCS16.smd). I then modified Hands.smd by manually renaming all the bones with the CS1.6 bone names. This did exactly what I wanted in Milkshape - CZ hand textures on the CS1.6 bone structure. A quick compile using either Milkshape or Jed's and the result is a working animation model however the textures on the gloves appear to be reversed and the entire forearm seems to have rotated 180 degrees so it would not be visible in game and is no longer even connected to the hand itself. I'm at a loss. Trying several things, like modifying EVERY .smd to in the decompile so it's time 0 bone reference is the same as the HandsCZ.smd, flipping textures, rotate commands in the .qc file, etc. Please, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

None found

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

regret13 avatar
regret13 Offline
Member Joined 7y