Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

The Passing: To pass or not to pass

A Forum Thread for Left 4 Dead 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

What was your all around thoughts on play, design , bots and acting.

Did anyone else notice the passing sucked? Well for the amount of time and delay i was hoping for something more exciting and dramatic. All i got was 3 maps that hordes don't really exist and crappy acting. Then when you play with bots the bots get stuck in alot of places like the nav file stops there or they forgot to add battleground to the nav. All in all i was sad to see Bill go but knew it was coming month ago when they could not get the voice actor to come back. As well as the poorly done design in mapping/nav and panic events. On the bright side i will be talking to a freind that has fixed alot of these screwed up maps for me to make The Passing a GHS Extreme ver map.
  • Baabu avatar
    Baabu Joined 14y ago
    3,156 points Ranked 2897th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    I'm glad they added 3 survivors with (more or less) AI i don't care about the rest when they'll fix sourcemod and vpk addons we'll have great 7 player co-op
    Thanks IppE
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    3,502 points Ranked 2356th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Yea ill be happy when they fig out how to get the .vpk working proper again for all modes.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    WOW I guess Everyone like the new maps.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • VirusxXx avatar
    VirusxXx Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    I liked it, but it was a bit too short. Oh well :P Hope they make lots of DLC in the future!
    I like pie
    URL to post:
  • Bentobox avatar
    Bentobox Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    It was ok still like l4d better.
    Good Bad Im the guy with the g
    URL to post:
  • Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Dr. Whoop DSc Joined 11y ago
    35,274 points Ranked 128th
    access_time 10y
    I think it is awesome D: Plus it's nice to see dark maps like the original.
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 15y ago
    3,659 points Ranked 2228th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    I thought it was awesome, but short.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • GuitarHero avatar
    GuitarHero username pic Joined 13y ago
    31,271 points Ranked 151st
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    I found it kinda weaker then the other campaigns. i mean i under stand its not supposed to be like the other 5 but still. the finale wasnt really that good. i expected the other 3 to walk along side with you to get the generators working and such. bill's death also struck me as odd since no one had said a word about it like what happen to him. even when you take Bills M16 its not like they go and say "dont take that" or something. the wedding witch...was crap. she didnt look like she was getting married it looked like she was raped. the gauntlet with the 2 alarms and catwalk run was pretty exciting but felt dull if you kept the M60 til that point. hell even after the even i still had like 40 bullets left in that thing. all in all it was a good attempt to see the survivors meet the O.S's (original survivors) but it could have been better.
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->
    URL to post:
  • Freaper avatar
    Freaper username pic Joined 12y ago
    5,417 points Ranked 1242nd
    access_time 10y
    The second level was pretty sweet, but the finale was too plain. In dead center it was a real bitch, but there it felt too easy, and there was no epic feeling after escaping successfully...
    Morale Pirate avatar
    Mantra
    Morale Pirate
    URL to post:
  • Adc. avatar
    Adc. Joined 14y ago
    40,182 points Ranked 104th
    access_time 10y
    I actually enjoyed it quite much. You remember Crash Course, don't you?
    I do sprays on request
    URL to post:
  • Weighted Companion Cube avatar
    10,765 points Ranked 557th
    9 medals 1 rare
    access_time 10y
    Haven't pubstomped on the passing yet so i cant tell you if it sucked or not.
    twitch.tv/BanThisSickFilth avatar
    Mantra
    twitch.tv/BanThisSickFilth
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    You know i just realized that i had earned most of the achievements the first time i played . WTF is that there use to be a small challenge when trying to earn them. Did anyone else notice how easy it was.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • Haruko avatar
    Haruko Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    I liked it a lot, though Bills death could have been more of an impact on the old survivors. I mean, he was practically the leader of the group.
    I'm an alien avatar
    Mantra
    I'm an alien
    URL to post:
  • cheezit avatar
    cheezit username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,767 points Ranked 2149th
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by GGODD2 You know i just realized that i had earned most of the achievements the first time i played . WTF is that there use to be a small challenge when trying to earn them. Did anyone else notice how easy it was.
    First people complain about how hard it is to get all the achievements... l4d1 beating a campaign without taking damage from any specials. And now they're complaining about it being to easy? Come on people make up your mind :P.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by cheezit
    Posted by GGODD2 You know i just realized that i had earned most of the achievements the first time i played . WTF is that there use to be a small challenge when trying to earn them. Did anyone else notice how easy it was.
    First people complain about how hard it is to get all the achievements... l4d1 beating a campaign without taking damage from any specials. And now they're complaining about it being to easy? Come on people make up your mind :P.
    LOL then give it to me in the middle. Plus im not those ppl i enjoyed getting he achievements from l4d.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • ninjaPANDA avatar
    ninjaPANDA Joined 12y ago
    1,165 points Ranked 23365th
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Bentobox It was ok still like l4d better.
    I agree, Left 4 Dead is better, it has way more character. Speaking of character, I only looked forward to The Passing because I thought it added the original survivors are playable characters; no, instead they make half-ass cameos. Thank god I am not a sucker for the 360 or I would be ever more disappointed.
    Spiral out, keep going
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by ninjaPANDA
    Posted by Bentobox It was ok still like l4d better.
    I agree, Left 4 Dead is better, it has way more character. Speaking of character, I only looked forward to The Passing because I thought it added the original survivors are playable characters; no, instead they make half-ass cameos. Thank god I am not a sucker for the 360 or I would be ever more disappointed.
    Yea plus this DLC coming for L4d1 is suppose to be the last one. So from there on out it will be up to mappers and mods to keep it alive.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • Fireriku546 avatar
    Fireriku546 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    This guy's a fucking troll, just ignore him.
    Evil never wins.
    URL to post:
  • SovietX avatar
    SovietX username pic Joined 12y ago
    46,900 points Ranked 88th
    access_time 10y
    Fuck. Bill was the only character I liked.
    The young have ruined the bana avatar
    Mantra
    The young have ruined the bana
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by GuitarHero I found it kinda weaker then the other campaigns. i mean i under stand its not supposed to be like the other 5 but still. the finale wasnt really that good. i expected the other 3 to walk along side with you to get the generators working and such. bill's death also struck me as odd since no one had said a word about it like what happen to him. even when you take Bills M16 its not like they go and say "dont take that" or something. the wedding witch...was crap. she didnt look like she was getting married it looked like she was raped. the gauntlet with the 2 alarms and catwalk run was pretty exciting but felt dull if you kept the M60 til that point. hell even after the even i still had like 40 bullets left in that thing. all in all it was a good attempt to see the survivors meet the O.S's (original survivors) but it could have been better.
    The Dialog changes each time, sometimes they mention bill, saying they lost a good man to raise the bridge, why should they lower it again and so on. And then other times they just go along like nothing happened.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • Weighted Companion Cube avatar
    10,765 points Ranked 557th
    9 medals 1 rare
    access_time 10y
    Just pubstomped on the passing with realism verses. almost was a perfect game till the cans at the end. was pretty fun.
    twitch.tv/BanThisSickFilth avatar
    Mantra
    twitch.tv/BanThisSickFilth
    URL to post:
  • Rockeiro avatar
    Rockeiro username pic Joined 11y ago
    7,985 points Ranked 796th
    access_time 10y
    I think that complaining about free stuff is pointless, I mean its free and yeah it may be a lil bit crappy but hell its free, its more than you can say about most publishers these days. Complaining about something being free is being slightly ingratefull, sure you can debate the prons and cons but free dlc is a rare thing enjoy it!
    Hey look its a sig! avatar
    Mantra
    Hey look its a sig!
    URL to post:
  • -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Joined 13y ago
    558,344 points Ranked 3rd
    27 medals 2 legendary 9 rare
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Sprays Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    It was fun, new L4D2 campaign, new modes, new weapons, new pub stomps. It's free and I don't really see why you would complain. Also, if you just play for campaign then you're missing out on literally the whole game. The fun of it is in Versus and competition with others, well, pub stomping for me.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
    URL to post:
  • MAELKEMANDEN avatar
    MAELKEMANDEN Joined 13y ago
    353 points Ranked 49439th
    access_time 10y
    Posted by BashinTheBass I think that complaining about free stuff is pointless, I mean its free and yeah it may be a lil bit crappy but hell its free, its more than you can say about most publishers these days. Complaining about something being free is being slightly ingratefull, sure you can debate the prons and cons but free dlc is a rare thing enjoy it!
    yeah, unlike some shitty, ass festering cock mongrels! (aka. Infinity ward) who decided to cut 6 maps from the map pack, delay it like hell and charge you 14eu for the fucking piece of shit, i raged something bad >:( but the DLC for l4d2 was ok, i too enjoyed the parts in the sewer, that was kinda fun, and at the finale i was like''wtf? are they just reusing the dead center finale?'' and as someone mentioned, completing the campaign doesn't have the some epic feeling like the others do, so that kinda sucks:/ BUT! something i'm looking extremely forward too is the chainsaw massacre mutation, i'm excited ass hell over that :P
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by MAELKEMANDEN
    Posted by BashinTheBass I think that complaining about free stuff is pointless, I mean its free and yeah it may be a lil bit crappy but hell its free, its more than you can say about most publishers these days. Complaining about something being free is being slightly ingratefull, sure you can debate the prons and cons but free dlc is a rare thing enjoy it!
    yeah, unlike some shitty, ass festering cock mongrels! (aka. Infinity ward) who decided to cut 6 maps from the map pack, delay it like hell and charge you 14eu for the fucking piece of shit, i raged something bad >:( but the DLC for l4d2 was ok, i too enjoyed the parts in the sewer, that was kinda fun, and at the finale i was like''wtf? are they just reusing the dead center finale?'' and as someone mentioned, completing the campaign doesn't have the some epic feeling like the others do, so that kinda sucks:/ BUT! something i'm looking extremely forward too is the chainsaw massacre mutation, i'm excited ass hell over that :P
    Fuck yes, I am too. Going to be the most fun ever.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • GGODD2 avatar
    GGODD2 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by MAELKEMANDEN
    Yea i cant wait for the chainsaw mutation, that shits sounds tight as hell.
    Ignorance is no defense
    URL to post:
  • Ricardo Sexington avatar
    Ricardo Sexington Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    I felt the finale in it didn't have big enouth hordes in it, which kinda ment that using grenades were pointless, if they made the hordes larger it would've been more challenging, especially if you were away from the L4D1 guys. It's also annoying when doing the finale on single player, how you have to go back and a get a can from the same place you got one. L4D1's survivors were usful especially when Tanks spawned, also kinda surprising how you don't comment when you see Bill's dead body something like "This must've been the man they lost" or something similar. The quotes in game were quiet humourous, especially when you first enter the sewers and Ellis finds a "candy bar". Overall I enjoyed the new campain, liked using the golf club, also glad that the baseball bat isn't only exclusive to those who pre-ordered it, but the survivors don't comment on it though..... Some achievements were pretty easy to get, mainly the cache grab one. Also whenever I play it, no-one seems to get hurt too badly which is dissapointing cause I wanna get Shock Jock....
    Jumpin' Jahosephat!
    URL to post:
  • dbg avatar
    dbg username pic Joined 12y ago
    5,828 points Ranked 1156th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Shut up and enjoy it since it was free. Unless you own a xbox360
    ded avatar
    Mantra
    ded
    URL to post:
  • cheezit avatar
    cheezit username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,767 points Ranked 2149th
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by dbg983 Shut up and enjoy it since it was free. Unless you own a xbox360
    People will never be happy.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
    URL to post:
  • Major Yelle avatar
    Major Yelle username pic Joined 10y ago
    In Relationship
    3,821 points Ranked 2118th
    24 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon
    • 6-10 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    • Movie Replicas Modeling Contest Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Just finished playing it a while ago, and well.. ..I didn't find it that fun. I was expecting much more character involvement from the Original 4 then them just standing there blabering on about some bridge. Sure they helped out towards the end, but they just seemed like background characters that didn't need to be there. The map was alright, a bit confusing at times. I found it a lot more challenging then the other campaigns just from the Sewers alone. It's pretty short, it feels like a campaign you would get in a Demo or Trial version of the game, due to it's bland nature. The original story of L4D2 would of still worked without that campaign, and if anything I'd say it's messing with the story behind L4D1. Bill died, pretty sad for most. For others it's just a spot of evidence that Valve needs to find new Voice Actors. While not only was he crucial to the original L4D1 story, he could of also had a much larger influence in The Passing had his Voice Actor not quit. Oh well, not something I'd pay for. I played it once, I'd play it again if I ever find the time. Oh, and this: M60 Machine Gun, Explosive Rounds, Chainsaw. There's a strategy guide for y'all.
    Mean on the web avatar
    Mantra
    Mean on the web
    URL to post:
  • Emnu avatar
    Emnu Joined 11y ago
    13,168 points Ranked 454th
    26 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 1-5 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    I hate the fact that Bill died
    URL to post:
  • DubbalDeal avatar
    DubbalDeal Joined 10y ago
    100 points Ranked 73659th
    access_time 10y
    At least they added some nice ass M60 and a cheap ass golf club, I'd say. But I still hate the fact that "the old man" died tragically.
    The Real Deal
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

GGODD2 avatar
GGODD2 Joined 14y ago