Counter Strike Source/Gmod weapon Editor

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Neccronixis points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

CSS and GMOD weapon view model editor

Hello everyone, Im new to this thread but i have been using css and gmod for a while. I am looking for an editor for css and gmod that can edit the view model position of custom sweps and css skins as it appears on the screen. this would be REALLY appreciated, as the source sdk hlmv does not work, i want to actually adjust the position and angle of the weapon. thanks

• 7y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Damage Inc. Flag Affiliation: Damage Inc.
    Member Joined 9y
    2,547 points Ranked 1822nd
    16 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    You can do this in gmod by simply editing the view_pos in the weapon's script.
    Waiting For The Sandman avatar
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 7y
    Markworth avatar
    Markworth Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    12,350 points Ranked 342nd
    HLMV does not and never did do origin editing. To permanently modify origins, you need to recompile the model with a new origin. SMOD (and Gmod apparently) has script functions for doing it less permanently. CS:S and HL2 do not.
    Old is the new new
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    Thanks for the help. Is there a tool that enables you to adjust the view position in-game of gmod? there is a tool called 'ironsights designer' and i was wondering if there is a tool that can do this, but for the view.
    Bananite
  • 7y
    Markworth avatar
    Markworth Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    12,350 points Ranked 342nd
    I think there's some console cvars starting with "v" (I'm thinking viewmodel_* or v_*) that can change it, but I'm not sure if the values will relate to the origin changing you need to do.
    Old is the new new
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    How do you edit the view model position in the swep script? I am using Mad Cows weapon base and i tried inserting ViewModelPos (***,****,***) and ViewModelAng (###,###,####) but im not sure if this is the right command or evn if it is its correct layout.
    Bananite
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    I've actually seen a weapons pack from this website where the weapons have had their origins altered and this is basically what id like to do for custom skins if it is possible.
    Bananite
  • 7y
    IppE avatar
    IppE avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    26,336 points Ranked 164th
    21 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Submitted 100 WiPs Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Skinner of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    Posted by Neccronixis

I've actually seen a weapons pack from this website where the weapons have had their origins altered and this is basically what id like to do for custom skins if it is possible.

Those are recompiled with new origins as Martysek said.
    Misfortune avatar
    Mantra
    Misfortune
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    I have worked out how to do it (something like snap rotate -90 fps) but thanks for the pointers.

Just a random question: are zombies supposed to turn black when you ignite them in gmod when they die? or is that just a glitch? because i have heard that there have been alot of changes to gmod such as the npc ai has become worse etc.
    Thanks guys
    Bananite
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    I alseo downloaded some skins from fpsbanana (a remington 870) and i am trying to put it into a custom base in gmod as a swep, but i cant get the sounds to work because the skin did not come with a script. It only replaces the m3 sounds. How do I incorporate a weapon script, i have hexed the weapon models, but the sounds wont work.
    Bananite
  • 7y
    gameripper avatar
    gameripper avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    55,052 points Ranked 67th
    Try adding a path to the manifest leasing to the sound file
    Team ARIA avatar
    Mantra
    Team ARIA
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    How would you do that? i looked at the manifest and there is nothing in their that suggests that any sounds for skins should be added. Do you need to include something in the mdl. file when you hex the weapon, such as a sound path like the materials?
    Bananite
  • 7y
    gameripper avatar
    gameripper avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    55,052 points Ranked 67th
    Generally you have the sounds linked when you compile I believe but Im no compiling expert
    Team ARIA avatar
    Mantra
    Team ARIA
  • 7y
    Neccronixis avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    I also have another problems with the sounds of the weapons. Some sounds play over the top of others and they interrupt each other, particuarly when firing and reloading. the reloading sound will cut half way through the firing sound and the firing sound will stop. This also happens when i use a scope on gmod. How can i fix this?
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Neccronixis avatar
Member Joined 7y

Neccronixis