Building new PC

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Help me out :)

As the thread title says, I'm building a new PC. It's actually for my friend, who has been on a laptop for years, and now he wants to play some modern games. His maximum budget is $1500 NZ dollars ($1040 US), and that includes a monitor. Keyboard and mouse too, but they don't have to be anything special, just standard stuff. He's not an extreme gamer or anything, so just a decent PC that will play the current generation of games nicely would be good :p I have come up with a component list myself, but I'm out of touch with current tech, so I come to the wise tech-gurus of FPSB to help me out. Some more details:
- It doesn't matter which brand is used for CPU/GPU, just whatever is currently the best value. - Actual manufacturer of GPU does matter a bit; I'd rather not go for an unknown brand. - HDD maximum of 500gb, doesn't need to be bigger than that. - A 22" monitor is enough. 1680x1050.
Here's the store I'm most likely going to use for all the parts, so use this to look at/price stuff - Computer Lounge. Any more questions just ask. Thanks.

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

scout1011 avatar
scout1011 Joined 12y ago
809 points Ranked 6408th
10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
  • 10 years a member Medal icon