Sick of 360 & ps3

A Forum Thread for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending yancush points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

Ok here it is everywhere you go you ill see a 360 or ps3 callof duty modern warfre 2 video well im sick of it for one i want you guys to send me footage of your best kills for the next 2 weeks i will then put them togethor and throw it onto youtube. please help me reboost a generation of pc gamerz.

• 8y
    PeachJohn avatar
    PeachJohn Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,041 points Ranked 4496th
    7 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    What's CoD6?
    Fail in a can! avatar
    Mantra
    Fail in a can!
  • 8y
    yancush avatar
    yancush Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by iTigah

What's CoD6?

happy??
    Bananite
  • 8y
    Jeffers avatar
    Jeffers Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    45,218 points Ranked 89th
    Posted by iTigah

What's CoD6?

I think he means Call Of Duty 3, since it's the 6th Call Of Duty game released.
    :D avatar
    Mantra
    :D
  • 8y
    Eugene avatar
    Eugene avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,738 points Ranked 1231st
    19 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    PC Gaming sucks, I hate it...
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
  • 8y
    yancush avatar
    yancush Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Jeffers

Posted by iTigah

What's CoD6?

I think he means Call Of Duty 3, since it's the 6th Call Of Duty game released.

i fixed :@ LOL
    Bananite
  • 8y
    Biohazard :3 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    No really, how old are you?
    turds taste like shit
  • 8y
    Tedz avatar
    Tedz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    439 points Ranked 9721st
    Posted by Sparks?

PC Gaming sucks, I hate it...

That was uncalled for..
    He's had a few. avatar
    Mantra
    He's had a few.
  • 8y
    Spawndex avatar
    Spawndex avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,286 points Ranked 3671st
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    I'm not sick of the ps3 or 360

I am sick of montage kill videos, however

• 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    128 points Ranked 24003rd
    7 medals 1 rare
    Please don't give us another stupid youtube video with spelling errors allover the place, with those weird motherfucking post-it thingies to cover it up.

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO TRY A BIT HARDER WHEN MAKING A VIDAO

I HATE YOU ALL GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

spawndex loves the cock
  • 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,687 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    I'm sick of having my YouTube front page spammed with MW2 videos.

THANK YOU, MACHINIMA CHANNEL. WHY DON'T YOU UPLOAD SOME GODDAMN MACHINIMA NEXT TIME?
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    The only reason PC gaming is dieing is because people are too damn cheap/stupid to build a decent gaming rig. Instead, they buy a console.

I own a PS3, a 360, and a PC so I am not biased towards one or another, but an FPS on a PC is in my opinion the best way to play it. On the flipside, I think 3rd person shooters, fighting, racing, etc are better on a console. Or at least with a controller, which is why I use my 360 controller on my PC... ok so maybe I am A LITTLE biased haha.
    Bring an ambalamps! avatar
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    3,351 points Ranked 1379th
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    I wouldn't say pc gaming is dieing at all. Maybe for MW2 because infinityward didn't feel like letting people enjoy playing on dedicated servers and felt like making one player host it which is what makes this game suffer in the long run.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 8y
    RaVhir avatar
    RaVhir Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,007 points Ranked 4647th
    PC gaming has not died, not at all.

Diff between consoles and Pc's are a console will last a bit graphics wise, but is limited due to the fact you cant upgrade its GPU. PC's you can upgrade to your hearts content but cost upwards for the best you can get 4,000 or higher.

Now MW2 did do something stupid and that was rely on the shitty P2P system that the orange box's TF2 suffers from. Anyone who has played Tf2 on the xbox360 knows that if your not the host, you lag like you were on a 56.6k modem on a saturday night.
    Bullet Sponge
  • 8y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    294 points Ranked 13349th
    Posted by BrainZ

THANK YOU, MACHINIMA CHANNEL. WHY DON'T YOU UPLOAD SOME GODDAMN MACHINIMA NEXT TIME?

Machinima respawn =/= Machinima :v

OT : There are almost no PC video's because frankly... the game sucks on pc ^_^
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Niks

Posted by BrainZ

I subscribed to the Machinima Channel because I wanted Machinima, I keep getting dumb gameplay videos of console versions of games. >:C

What do you mean, the game sucks on PC? I assume you're implying that the console version is better. It's essentially the same afaik?
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 8y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 781st
    ITT: the grammarless & trolls.
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 8y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by BrainZ

Posted by Niks

Posted by BrainZ

I subscribed to the Machinima Channel because I wanted Machinima, I keep getting dumb gameplay videos of console versions of games. >:C

What do you mean, the game sucks on PC? I assume you're implying that the console version is better. It's essentially the same afaik?

I got lazy when i was going to post,No dedicated servers and a bunch of hackers just makes it more of a "console game" if you know what i mean
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Well maybe PC gaming hasn't "died", but we aren't getting the same support as the consoles nowadays, mainly because they make the developers more money.

As far as MW2 on the PC, I do like the set score limits, just hate the lag. In fact, if it was somehow lag free (yea right), I would prefer the current system instead of dedicated servers with 500-1000 kill score limits. At least with the current system, first team to 7500 points (75 kills) wins, it actually feels like there is a purpose to keep at it. Remember in MW1 and WaW, you would play in a server for 30+ minutes before a team finally wins. That seems to get boring extremely fast for me. I like the competitive nature of set score limits, and faster paced matches.

Now if they had this same system on dedicated servers (which isn't going to happen), I would love it. But I just can't stand running around for an hour on the same map and it never ending.
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    PeachJohn avatar
    PeachJohn Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,041 points Ranked 4496th
    7 medals 1 rare
    Posted by yancush

Posted by iTigah

What's CoD6?

happy??

I never heard the word "callof" or "warfre" before.
    Fail in a can! avatar
    Mantra
    Fail in a can!
  • 8y
    Prune avatar
    Prune Offline
    Member Joined 8y
    Ill admit I get pissed,when ever I look at a commentary or something like that,it always in on the 360.I jizz whenever I see something like "Press 4 for UAV" in a mw2 video.Its usually "Press X for SOOPARAWSUMNOOKSAUCE"
  • 8y
    MADKILLA avatar
    MADKILLA Offline
    Member Joined 8y
    191 points Ranked 18350th
    Posted by Prune

Ill admit I get pissed,when ever I look at a commentary or something like that,it always in on the 360.I jizz whenever I see something like "Press 4 for UAV" in a mw2 video.Its usually "Press X for SOOPARAWSUMNOOKSAUCE"

THIS.
  • 8y
    Teh_Spy avatar
    Teh_Spy Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,369 points Ranked 3440th
    Cool story bro
    "Your mother."
  • 8y
    fugitsu-blackhole avatar
    fugitsu-blackhole avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    117,087 points Ranked 24th
    16 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    Posted by DMG

The only reason PC gaming is dieing is because people are too damn cheap/stupid to build a decent gaming rig. Instead, they buy a console.

No.

It's because a console is more accessible to everyone, you can play games a lot more cheaply on a console than a PC, and with a PC you have to upgrade every couple of years so it can barely run new games on medium.

To be honest, gaming on consoles is 20x smarter than gaming on the PC.
    Mantra
  • 8y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by fugitsu-blackhole

Posted by DMG

No.

It's because a console is more accessible to everyone, you can play games a lot more cheaply on a console than a PC, and with a PC you have to upgrade every couple of years so it can barely run new games on medium.

I agree with you completely. Although whether it's better on a pc or a console concerns me not. Because you just get flamed half the time anyway.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 8y
    fugitsu-blackhole avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by cheezit

Posted by DMG

No.

I agree with you completely. Although whether it's better on a pc or a console concerns me not. Because you just get flamed half the time anyway.

Oh trust me I don't have any bias regarding which platform is the best, but rather that financially speaking (and pure practicality as well) buying a console is much smarter.
    Mantra
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Not necessarily true. Oh sure it costs more to build a gaming rig, of course. However, when you are not gaming, you can do anything else you would normally do on a PC. You can not however do that on a console. It is a machine designed primarily for one thing, gaming. Sure you can browse the internet, rent movies, download games etc... But they aren't nearly as versatile as a PC. So to say it is "a smarter choice" is not completely true. I have several friends who simply prefer playing on their PC, they hate using a controller. So a console may not be the "smartest" choice for them, and vice versa.

As for upgrading every two years, that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Infact, I think games (graphics wise) sort of plateaued in 2007 when Crysis (although technologically ahead of it's time when released) hit the shelfs. If your PC could max Crysis in 2007, you can max any game out at the moment. A decent rig will last for years, and should you need to upgrade, usually just a new video card is in order. Besides, it really doesn't take much nowadays to run new games at max, it's high AA/AF at high resolutions that really take a toll on your card.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter. Like I mentioned before, I have a 360, PS3, and a PC that i play games on, I try not to be biased. Racing, third person, fighting etc, I prefer a controller, first person shooters however, mouse/keyboard all the way.
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    fugitsu-blackhole avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by DMG

Not necessarily true. Oh sure it costs more to build a gaming rig, of course. However, when you are not gaming, you can do anything else you would normally do on a PC. You can not however do that on a console. It is a machine designed primarily for one thing, gaming. Sure you can browse the internet, rent movies, download games etc... But they aren't nearly as versatile as a PC. So to say it is "a smarter choice" is not completely true. I have several friends who simply prefer playing on their PC, they hate using a controller. So a console may not be the "smartest" choice for them, and vice versa.

As for upgrading every two years, that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Infact, I think games (graphics wise) sort of plateaued in 2007 when Crysis (although technologically ahead of it's time when released) hit the shelfs. If your PC could max Crysis in 2007, you can max any game out at the moment. A decent rig will last for years, and should you need to upgrade, usually just a new video card is in order. Besides, it really doesn't take much nowadays to run new games at max, it's high AA/AF at high resolutions that really take a toll on your card.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter. Like I mentioned before, I have a 360, PS3, and a PC that i play games on, I try not to be biased. Racing, third person, fighting etc, I prefer a controller, first person shooters however, mouse/keyboard all the way.

See now I'm talking mainly about gaming. I was not talking about the extra little features that each platform has. Besides, for the upgrading part, I said every COUPLE of years. Not every 2. Every 2 is extremely low. When I say a couple of years I mean 3-5 years. This is due to newer versions (DirectX versions, operating system changes, hardware standards)

Let me rephrase what I said before to fit my purpose:

When looking for a platform on which you are able to play games effectively without FPS drops and still having it look pretty darn good, consoles would be the best choice for two main reasons

1. Practicality. What I mean by this is not having to upgrade for a while and still be able to play the newest games with some of the most advanced graphics.

2. Money. When it is all said and done, any good gaming computer would cost around 800 to 900 dollars. At this price you still won't be able to run a lot of games smoothly with higher settings. A console will cost you around 200 dollars, give or take a few more bucks when dealing with a 360.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Again, I am not talking about other features of the platforms, only gaming (what the subject matter of this thread revolves around). And I am also not speaking about preferences.
    Mantra
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Valid points, however couple generally refers to two. Perhaps you should have phrased it "every few years".

I built my PC for around $900 USD. There isn't a game I have yet to be able to run on all highest settings with the exception of AA/AF (as mentioned).

I run Crysis, Far Cry 2, MW2, Bioshock, RE5, Dead Space, Bad Company 2, etc all on high and at very smooth frame rates (many well over 100 fps at that), so your statement "At this price you still won't be able to run a lot of games smoothly with higher settings" isn't quite true at all. Many of those games I also have on the 360 (Far Cry 2, MW2, RE5, Dead Space) and they look multiple times better on the PC.

Anyways, I understand your point and it is a valid one. However, games will always look better on a PC, this is just fact. The more advanced games get, the more they have to "tone down" the console versions to make them run at a decent frame rate (remember, the hardware on the console is never upgraded). I play MW2 on both the PC and the XBOX quite often and I can see a pretty big difference between the two versions.

Bottom line, strictly for gaming, you're probably right, the console is the way to go. If you have the money to spend, enjoy gaming on a PC, enjoy the features of a computer, will use it quite often, a gaming PC isn't all that bad of an option. Infact, I haven't even hardly touched my consoles in over a month, whereas I use my computer pretty much daily. The PC for me, seems to be the better investment.
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    I love pc. But one thing I can't stand is,you need to upgrade your hardware or the game won't even talk to you...

I can't fucking afford the shit on Minimum System Requirements... We don't make such money like those fuckers who make games such as Dead Space,Call of Duty,GTA 4 and so on.
    Right when you buy that Mnimum System Requirements,another good game will come out,and It'll have a fucking HIGHER Minimum System Requirements. And you wanna play it,but you don't have that MSR.

I love console too! But shit,I want a console that you can attach a Keyboard and a Mouse into it... I'm tired of using joysticks.

But sometimes I find consoles better than pc... Because,you don't have to Upgrade it to play something... Maybe pay more than PC,but its worth it.
    Ah, Good to be back! avatar
    Mantra
    Ah, Good to be back!
  • 8y
    niceboy_ avatar
    niceboy_ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    767 points Ranked 5964th
    8 medals 1 rare

Posted by DMG

See now I'm talking mainly about gaming. I was not talking about the extra little features that each platform has. Besides, for the upgrading part, I said every COUPLE of years. Not every 2. Every 2 is extremely low. When I say a couple of years I mean 3-5 years. This is due to newer versions (DirectX versions, operating system changes, hardware standards)

Let me rephrase what I said before to fit my purpose:

When looking for a platform on which you are able to play games effectively without FPS drops and still having it look pretty darn good, consoles would be the best choice for two main reasons

1. Practicality. What I mean by this is not having to upgrade for a while and still be able to play the newest games with some of the most advanced graphics.

2. Money. When it is all said and done, any good gaming computer would cost around 800 to 900 dollars. At this price you still won't be able to run a lot of games smoothly with higher settings. A console will cost you around 200 dollars, give or take a few more bucks when dealing with a 360.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Again, I am not talking about other features of the platforms, only gaming (what the subject matter of this thread revolves around). And I am also not speaking about preferences.

I have to agree with you on that... I got my PS3 solely so I didn't have to pay 800+ for a complete rebuild of my shitty computer.
    The only thing that I own that comes close to this generation's graphics, is left 4 dead 2.
    The only thing I can say, that I don't like about consoles is that there is little to no modification capabilities.
    Dumper
  • 8y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Oh trust me I don't have any bias regarding which platform is the best, but rather that financially speaking (and pure practicality as well) buying a console is much smarter.

Well that's true because it doesn't become outdated within the next week. Plus it'd be very bad for companies like Sony and Microsoft to come out with a new console every other month.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 8y
    iMr.Grey avatar
    iMr.Grey Offline
    Member Joined 8y
    21,702 points Ranked 199th
    I don't like consoles, dunno why.
    Stealin' Stones and Breakin' B avatar
    Mantra
    Stealin' Stones and Breakin' B
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by cheezit

Well that's true because it doesn't become outdated within the next week. Plus it'd be very bad for companies like Sony and Microsoft to come out with a new console every other month.

Technically they are outdated hardware wise. It's just the new gen games are toned down and optimized (like I mentioned) to be able to run at a decent frame rate. I can see a big difference in lighting alone in MW2. But to each his own.
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    Swifty avatar
    Swifty avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    3,526 points Ranked 1313rd
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    Advertising?
    Swifter than you! avatar
    Mantra
    Swifter than you!
  • 8y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by DMG

Posted by cheezit

Technically they are outdated hardware wise. It's just the new gen games are toned down and optimized (like I mentioned) to be able to run at a decent frame rate. I can see a big difference in lighting alone in MW2. But to each his own.

What I meant was that you don't have new consoles coming out every day to compete with. So console wise they're not outdated by too much.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 8y
    Dr.iCe avatar
    Dr.iCe avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    4,615 points Ranked 992nd
    16 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    Dr.iCe avatar
    Dr.iCe
    Level Design Expert
    Posted by Sparks?

Console Gaming sucks for everything besides Driving games, I hate it...

fixed
    Common sense is not so common
  • 8y
    Merk, avatar
    Merk, Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Stupidity is without anxiety.
  • 8y
    MrDuke avatar
    MrDuke Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Merk1b2

This dude got it right!
    Well pouring gas over stuff like this is what I usually would do... but this time I'll skip...
    Always bet on Duke.
  • 8y
    DMG avatar
    DMG Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    It's hardly a flame war, just a discussion. I guess some people just can't grasp the concept of a flame war...
    Mantra
    Bring an ambalamps!
  • 8y
    Zonno avatar
    Zonno Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    18,660 points Ranked 234th
    I've got it on the PC as well as the PS3. But I just hate shooters on a console. I barely can get the situation under control and never have any idea of where the enemy is. Aiming with a stick feels so fucked. Coordination with the arm works so much more better and natural than the thumb.
    Leave your radio on during the avatar
    Mantra
    Leave your radio on during the
  • 8y
    Merk, avatar
    Merk, Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by DMG

It's hardly a flame war, just a discussion. I guess some people just can't grasp the concept of a flame war...

The discussion was starting to build to a flame war. Sadly no one ever lit the flame.
    Stupidity is without anxiety.
  • 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Zonno

I've got it on the PC as well as the PS3. But I just hate shooters on a console. I barely can get the situation under control and never have any idea of where the enemy is. Aiming with a stick feels so fucked. Coordination with the arm works so much more better and natural than the thumb.

Yeah, think about it. If you played FPS on PC and suddenly try it on a console, you have to use that thumb you're used to use only to clamp your mouse.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

yancush avatar