Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Extend End Round... Possible?

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

I need help extending the end round where winners kill losers.

I'm wanting to extend the end round to let the winners have more time to kill the losers, or even keep going till the last one is killed and make a game of it. But I'll settle for extending the time. I've tried Googling so many different ways to say it, opened so many webpages, read so many unrelated posts just to try and figure this out. I've tried looking for a SourceMod plugin to no avail, tried seeing if it was a map specific setting, also tried looking for a console command I could just add into the autoexec.cfg to make this happen and nothing. All I could ever find was map times themselves, not end round times. I feel it's just that I didn't use the right words to find it, but everything I could think to associate with this was so generic it'd fit so many other things. Round end, End round, roundend, endround, extend bonus round, etc etc... nothing lead me closer to finding what I wanted. Thanks in advance for any help, and for just reading my rant about all the wasted hours last night trying to get this working. Miharu

Replies

• Smish132 avatar
    Smish132 Joined 10y ago
    138 points Ranked 61983rd
    access_time 10y
    Might have to make a plugin
    8-Bit? Hell yeah! avatar
    Mantra
    8-Bit? Hell yeah!
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    3,000 points Ranked 9050th
    access_time 10y
    Yeah... I can't code.
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:
  • Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Dr. Whoop DSc Joined 11y ago
    35,274 points Ranked 128th
    access_time 10y
    Mp_bonusroundtime There you go. ^^
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Just tried that, set it to a 64 seconds to match the Benny Hill song I have playing at the end and no go. Even rebooted the server twice to make sure it took the mp_bonusroundtime. I don't know if this is a game type specific command but just in case I was on KOTH_Nucleus It's the last line in the Autoexec.cfg, just like this: mp_bonusroundtime 64 Anything that could be interfering with it, or did I somehow do it wrong? o.o
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    If it helps at all this is the full Autoexec.cfg and list of all installed plugins: SoureMod Plugins: "Client Preferences" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Basic Comm Control" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Spray Tracer" (5.8) by Nican132, CptMoore, Lebson506th "Sound Commands" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "TF2: Killer's Info" (1.0.1) by Nut "Anti-Flood" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Basic Info Triggers" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "TF2 Birthday hack" (0.0.3) by R-Hehl "ShowText" (1.0.0) by Mammal "Basic Ban Commands" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Basic Chat" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Admin File Reader" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "TF2 FF on during waiting for players" (1.1) by Ratty "Fun Votes" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "SourceMod Radio" (1.0.0.12) by dubbeh "Fun Commands X" (1.7) by Spazman0 and Arg! "gScramble + Balance" (2.4.02) by Goerge "Players Votes" (1.5.0) by The Resident, pZv! "[TF2] Equipment Manager" (1.1.6) by Damizean "Fun Commands" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Player Commands" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Reserved Slots" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Presents" (0.5.1) by J-Factor "Basic Commands" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "TF2 Cube Soccer" (1.1.000) by Dog "Sudden Death Melee Redux" (1.1.4) by bl4nk "TF2 endround sound" (1.0.0.0) by omgiafs "TF2 Fast Respawns" (1.0.6) by WoZeR "Basic Votes" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami "Admin Help" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC "Nextmap" (1.2.2-dev) by AlliedModders LLC AutoExec: sv_password "" sv_lan "0" sv_downloadurl sv_region "0" sv_pausable "0" sv_cheats "0" sv_consistency "1" sv_allowupload "1" sv_allowdownload "1" sv_timeout "300" sv_pure "0" sv_pure_kick_clients "1" sm_radio_enable 1 sm_radio_advert 1 sm_radio_welcome 1 mp_timelimit "60" mp_footsteps "1" tf_flag_caps_per_round "3" tf_stats_track "1" tf_playergib "1" // bandwidth rates/settings sv_minrate 13000 sv_maxrate 25000 sv_minupdaterate 33 sv_maxupdaterate 67 sv_mincmdrate 33 sv_maxcmdrate 67 sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1 sv_client_predict 1 sv_client_interpolate 1 sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1 sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1 net_maxfilesize 128 sv_voicecodec vaudio_speex writeid writeip exec banned_user.cfg exec banned_ip.cfg //Miharu Added Lines sm_cvar tf_birthday 1 sm_cvar sm_rtd_enable 1 sm_cvar sm_rtd_timelimit 45 sm_respawn_time_enabled "1" sm_respawn_time_blue "0.0" //Attackers sm_respawn_time_red "0.0" //Defenders rnd_enabled 0 rnd_fix_ammo 1 rnd_fix_uber 1 mp_bonusroundtime 64
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 606th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Miharu Just tried that, set it to a 64 seconds to match the Benny Hill song I have playing at the end and no go. Even rebooted the server twice to make sure it took the mp_bonusroundtime. I don't know if this is a game type specific command but just in case I was on KOTH_Nucleus It's the last line in the Autoexec.cfg, just like this: mp_bonusroundtime 64 Anything that could be interfering with it, or did I somehow do it wrong? o.o
    Number needs to be surrounded by quotations mp_bonusroundtime "64"
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Well I laughed at myself for a bit, thinking "Oh that's all, I just missed it" but I put those in and restarted the server twice, making sure the "" were around the 64 and it still only lets me have 15 seconds of bonus round time.
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    I also just tried using RCON after identifying to the server to use mp_bonusroundtime 64 and that didn't work either. I still only got 15 seconds. Sooo... new idea?
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:
  • Miharu avatar
    Miharu Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    I finally found the answer to this and am posting it here for others to find. mp_bonusroundtime seems to be limited to 15 seconds maximum, no matter what I did it was that and nothing more. I read on other websites where people only got that as well. I almost didn't get this fix because the original forum post was lost due to a forum reset I guess. But thankfully Google had cache'd the page and below is the source that works perfectly. You just have to compile it at this link: http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php And then put the resulting SMX file in the tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory. Bonus Round Time Extender: By Spork * Miharu's NOTE: At the end, change 45.0 to whatever you want in seconds. (IE: 60 seconds = 1 minute) THEN compile it. #include public Plugin:myinfo = { name = "Bonus Round Time Extend", author = "Spork", description = "Create cvars to extend bonusroundtime beyond 15 sec.", version = "1.0.0.0", url = "http://www.fortresslabs.com" } new Handle:g_BonusRoundTime = INVALID_HANDLE; public OnPluginStart() { g_BonusRoundTime = FindConVar("mp_bonusroundtime"); if (g_BonusRoundTime != INVALID_HANDLE) { SetConVarBounds(g_BonusRoundTime, ConVarBound_Upper, true, 45.0); } }
    Now with KUNG FU Grip!
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Miharu avatar
Miharu Joined 10y ago