Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Max speed

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Saw a tutorial on the new wavelength on players max speed. Should I code it like in CS where the max speed is 1500 for CL or leave it as it is?

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21807th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus no need for the pipe... get on the sandbag at the building entrance and jump up the wall there is a step outside the window... approach the centre support pillar and press 'use' key
    The pipe serves no purpose, but still it is cool to climb it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49406th
    access_time 16y
    no need for the pipe... get on the sandbag at the building entrance and jump up the wall there is a step outside the window... approach the centre support pillar and press 'use' key
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, fancy tricks you got there. Also you can jump higher in CL and climb walls easier. The pipes on the Rocket Launch level (see the "Start rocket from wrong side" trick) There are some pipelines going up there. You can climb them in CL, but not in HL. Pretty cool all this stuff. Keep it that way, it makes me get the Cs meets HL feeling.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    Hey, no prob. Sometimes, my friends have trouble pronoucing my dialect name.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RaNger2000 avatar
    RaNger2000 Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    (sorry bout screwin up your name man. *O.o ) Sounds good to me :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    The shortest way I can think of is to go straight the the map where the G-man rates you. And 1500 is more than enough for you to sprint. And of course, no heavy weight jumping. But I'm considering this:
    Changing the maximum speed would screw things up, especially in places where you need to be running as fast as possible to made a jump. Maybe add speed changes to weapoons, but keep knife speed as normal HL running?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    no need to start evelator just jump off and keep pressing left and back button... if you get on the extreme left ramp, u will land without damage and see no headcrab.... also, at the first stage, get the barney to follow you around, he will shoot the zombies (unlimited ammo) also, at the blast pit, you can cross the external of the blast chamber... to the other side with platform where there is health and armor... (the eveletor wif 2 bull chicken in the radioactive pool just walk onto the slope outside the blast chamber, press left and up... you will eventually land on the platform where u can approach the health amd ammo.... (seems unreachable, but possible) i cant really explain all, but if you watch me play, u will know some shortest ways to end the game
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RaNger2000 avatar
    access_time 16y
    I dont remember what level it is, but near the beginning, after you have to flood the pipes, and climb out of a grate on the floor (and bash some zombis) there is an elevater you have to normaly fight waves of headcrabs on. If you start the thing moving, and then jump off it on the Left side and hold the strafe left and move back keys all the way down, you can get down without ever fighting a headcrab.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    234 points Ranked 53645th
    access_time 16y
    Surface Tension: It is possible to get onto the cliff face on the far side of the dam and slide down it, eliminating the need to kill that fish and turn off the blades. Blast Pit: You can turn the rocket engine on from the wrong side of the control room and quickly get down to the bottom level. It's kind of pointless, but is cool to do.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    unconventional methods of getting pass stages: blast pit: the evelator accessing the power plant. cling on to the ladder and climb down, this will prevent u from getting into the radioactive waste... power up: the rail wheel (can be turned) can be accessed from the train yard, just jump upward to the button and press use... (saves time) apprehension: the rocket launch can be triggered by jumping outside the launch room to use the trigger button (save risking getting the explosives triggered and fighting 2 more grunts) questionable ethiques: the scientist behind spinning blades: use the button (left side of door) from outside and u skip fighting the grunts and activating the laser. (saves ammo and hp when u didnt cheat) king stage: basically u need only a awp with 40 spare rounds, just shoot the energy cones (3 of them) and penatrate the obstacles like hell, the awp will take the king down fast... weapons trick: scout: shoot grunts in the face, 1 hit kill (and silenced shot wont alert enermy) awp: shoot osprey (brown chopper) and the grunts will stop comming down (2 shot to kill osprey) silenced weapon: they wont alert anermy if you kill with one shot (basically aim for the head) usp, tmp, m4a1 w/ silencer, scout
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Changing the maximum speed would screw things up, especially in places where you need to be running as fast as possible to made a jump. Maybe add speed changes to weapoons, but keep knife speed as normal HL running?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RaNger2000 avatar
    access_time 16y
    Yes, please slow the player down to CS speed, Or atleast slow the strafing down! Drives me nutz, with the CS weps, I think Im in CS and fall right off of things I normaly would not.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I don't like fighting the fish thing much. I just jump onto the cliffs, then slide down (losing about 12 health)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54112th
    access_time 16y
    Make more cvars! Cvars solve everything!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The dam in Surface Tension............? You mean you slide down without turning off the blades? Unbelievable. But back to the question, leave the speed or change it? Max speed for CL will be 1500 of course.
    I jump over too, I don't like the fight with the shark so I do the jump, followed by a helicopter. Whoha who's your daddy!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    The dam in Surface Tension............? You mean you slide down without turning off the blades? Unbelievable. But back to the question, leave the speed or change it? Max speed for CL will be 1500 of course.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I found a way to get down the dam in surface tension... it involves alot of holding the down the up arrow with your knife out :) FYI, the same thing happens at the beginning of the story when you have to go down the elevator (with the water at the bottom hiding the grinders) you can safely go down without dying by holding moveback :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Ehm.. Sounds wierd..
    I got my own way to balance on stuff, get to places where I am not supposed to be. I am an expert at it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47670th
    access_time 16y
    Ehm.. Sounds wierd..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Saw a tutorial on the new wavelength on players max speed. Should I code it like in CS where the max speed is 1500 for CL or leave it as it is?
    If it makes it possible for the player to run faster, maybe. But I wonder how it will work when balancing on railings and such.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Haunter avatar
Haunter Joined 18y ago