Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Turn Off my gore please

A Forum Thread for Left 4 Dead 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

A Thread for ppl wanting better performance outta L4D2

Now i've seen a couple of Members ask to have a Gore mod for the censured version. Well I have the non-censored version like so many others. But I hate how L4D2 runs a general 30 fps, almost no matter you're specs and even if you turn the settings down you get absolutely no performance increase. I play all source games with my graphics card setting to Quality because or else the games look terrible for what they already have that is not much. So i'm not willing to buy a Better GPU or anything to my computer. I want to turn off the gore to have less polys on my screen ( Therefore getting better performance ) And I'd also like to have the bodys disappeare like in the asutralian version But most of all this has to be something i can -Turn on and Off -Allow me to Play online ( Or else defeats the purpose ) If any one is willing to do this it would allow more competitive versus and scavenger play. It would make the game more playable for ppl with worse GPU's then me I have a 9800gt and L4D2 is the only source based games that gives me this problems ( other then RnL with needs some fixing ) If there are any other optimizations you can do to it plz do. and try to make it some sort of script to make it easier to turn on and off. There are many optimizations for Css, Maybe make it like those ( Sorry can't find the link to the old one I had before my 9800GT )
  • Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Dr. Whoop DSc Joined 11y ago
    35,274 points Ranked 128th
    access_time 10y
    In the video( or maybe multiplayer) options there's an option for the level of gore. Try setting that to low.
    URL to post:
  • Anti-Social avatar
    Anti-Social Joined 11y ago
    581 points Ranked 44625th
    access_time 10y
    In set launch options put; -lv and there you go. EDIT: Join the club.
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Daishi 1 avatar
    Daishi 1 Joined 14y ago
    737 points Ranked 42897th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Anti-Social In set launch options put; -lv and there you go.
    qft
    Jon, your local gun enthusiast
    URL to post:
  • Anti-Social avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Daishi 1
    qft
    lol wut?
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Alex Longclaw avatar
    Alex Longclaw Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Anti-Social
    Posted by Daishi 1
    qft
    lol wut?
    Quoted For Truth... or Quantitative Fluorescence Technique, Im not sure.
    Oh hai :D
    URL to post:
  • Anti-Social avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Alex Longclaw
    Posted by Anti-Social
    Posted by Daishi 1
    qft
    lol wut?
    Quoted For Truth... or Quantitative Fluorescence Technique, Im not sure.
    I'm gunna go with the first one.....
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Daishi 1 avatar
    Daishi 1 Joined 14y ago
    737 points Ranked 42897th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Quoted for truth. I was gonna say exactly what he said, but he beat me to it, so I quoted him for emphasis.
    Jon, your local gun enthusiast
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    nuclearbanana Joined 13y ago
    3,005 points Ranked 4892nd
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Anti-Social In set launch options put; -lv and there you go. EDIT: Join the club.
    That makes the game sorta easy and way to slow to be enjoyable. But the effects i wanted where there The disapperaing bodys, and i can easly put the models to low. Is there a way to turn off the light maps or HDR
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Anti-Social avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by nuclearbanana
    Posted by Anti-Social In set launch options put; -lv and there you go. EDIT: Join the club.
    That makes the game sorta easy and way to slow to be enjoyable. But the effects i wanted where there The disapperaing bodys, and i can easly put the models to low. Is there a way to turn off the light maps or HDR
    there should be an option in the advanced options. and there might be a "-" start up code like i posted earlier but i don't know it.
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • kommandojoe avatar
    kommandojoe Joined 11y ago
    269 points Ranked 52619th
    access_time 10y
    Whats your possessor and ram? Is your GPU overclocked? Cause until 2 days ago (when i upgraded) i had a 9800GT and i could run Crysis on high along with any valve game.
    Show no cowardness.Stand and f
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kommandojoe Whats your possessor and ram? Is your GPU overclocked? Cause until 2 days ago (when i upgraded) i had a 9800GT and i could run Crysis on high along with any valve game.
    No i can run L4D2 but it lags. It's at set peices where it kills me like in the parish, at the park. it really goes down to 10 and is rather unplayable ( More or less because valve put 6 poly leaves on bushes with more then 60 leaves ) But yeah my CPU: core 2 duo 2.5ghz running at 3.1ghz Ram: 2gb 667 Vram is 512mb It's not my specs, it's this game that is unoptimized and i hate it for that but the reasons why i wanted the gore off is cause i read that the aus version with the censored performs better then the Us/Uk version I tried that LV command and it Sorta worked i guess but Single player makes the game go slow mo and i can only stay in-game for one map then it kicks me saying can't something something the player ( client problems ) SO the -lv works but not the way i'd like It's not my GPU it's some where in the game Valve screwed up and i just wanna play the game at 60 fps. I get 26 to 35 fps in crysis Dx9 so why does this less of a hog game kill my pc?
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Anti-Social
    Posted by nuclearbanana
    Posted by Anti-Social -lv and there you go.
    Is there a way to turn off the light maps or HDR
    there should be an option in the advanced options. and there might be a "-" start up code like i posted earlier but i don't know it.
    Yeah no, valve does not do that type of menu anymore, they force a more " Noob friendly Spec finder witch does not effect any thing but the textures and some polys ( hardly any ) SO there is no option for it. What was the console command in l4d1 or hl2 to turn off HDR or turn on bloom?
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • kommandojoe avatar
    access_time 10y
    Sorry man, but its your comp. You should really get a quad core and some more ram. The game is perfectly optimized.
    URL to post:
  • SovietX avatar
    SovietX username pic Joined 12y ago
    46,900 points Ranked 88th
    access_time 10y
    No gore = No penis.
    The young have ruined the bana avatar
    Mantra
    The young have ruined the bana
    URL to post:
  • scout1011 avatar
    scout1011 Joined 13y ago
    819 points Ranked 42227th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    I have a 9800GT and the game is perfectly smooth, pretty much always above 40fps :/
    The lands are bleak and long avatar
    Mantra
    The lands are bleak and long
    URL to post:
  • TheSniperFan avatar
    TheSniperFan Joined 12y ago
    1,428 points Ranked 22218th
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    WTF?! You have a 9800GT and it laggs? I have an 9600GT, which is less powerfull and can run the game all on max + AA. It's also uncut. Oke, I overclocked my GPU with rivatuner, but THIS is something that sounds hard to belive for me. Could it be that something else is bad with your PC? Maybe drivers, viruses or a hard drive full of trash?
    Learning stuff...
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by scout1011 I have a 9800GT and the game is perfectly smooth, pretty much always above 40fps :/
    Play savenger on park parish campaign it will go down to 10 fps in the hedge
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by SovietX No gore = No penis.
    Don't be trolling Plus it's not cause i don't like the gore. The gore is nice but it's nothing new or Extremly gory.
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kommandojoe Sorry man, but its your comp. You should really get a quad core and some more ram. The game is perfectly optimized.
    Are you crazy? It's a game running on a 5 year old engine the game it self is out of date the moment it came out there was slight improvements in the episode 1 engine update but nothing. at all, has changed in the way it cracks stuff down. and the park map. you've got 6 polygon leaves witch is a stupid move for anygame. crysis is the only other game that does that but not always. If you look at any other source mod with brushes the've got 1, 2 or3 leaves and they run perfect. But as soon ass you put a prop plus a map ( brush ) and these leaves it's just a waste of processing power. If this game was properly optimized there would be more settings to play with to lower the detail Bottom line. If putting down the settings to low does not give you a performance boost the game has issues
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by TheSniperFan WTF?! You have a 9800GT and it laggs? I have an 9600GT, which is less powerfull and can run the game all on max + AA. It's also uncut. Oke, I overclocked my GPU with rivatuner, but THIS is something that sounds hard to belive for me. Could it be that something else is bad with your PC? Maybe drivers, viruses or a hard drive full of trash?
    Can't be harddrive. New 1tb WD black only 25 gb used My ram is fine. I'm using XP 32bit ( Need upgrade soon ) My CPU is fine. Like i said a game like crysis witch is ten times more demanding and waste full then a source game should not be running better.
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    1,666 points Ranked 21527th
    access_time 10y
    I can run it with HD 4550 very smoothly, even with my shitty cpu i can run it smooth. also
    no gore = no PINGAS
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • kommandojoe avatar
    access_time 10y
    You could have made that one post btw, and yes its your comp. I played all the maps in ALL the game modes before i upgraded a few days ago, and i always had 40-60 fps.
    URL to post:
  • SlowCheetah avatar
    SlowCheetah Joined 15y ago
    915 points Ranked 41566th
    access_time 10y
    I have an 8800 GT and I very rarely drop below 60fps with everything maxed out. L4D2 is not your problem.
    URL to post:
  • -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Joined 13y ago
    558,344 points Ranked 3rd
    27 medals 2 legendary 9 rare
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Sprays Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Something is horribly wrong with your rig. Your shit is fine, I run the game on high with an average of 60 FPS and it drops to about 30 in the midst of a horde and fires. Gore will not do much really, but go ahead.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
    URL to post:
  • TheSniperFan avatar
    TheSniperFan Joined 12y ago
    1,428 points Ranked 22218th
    access_time 10y
    Posted by nuclearbanana
    Posted by TheSniperFan WTF?! You have a 9800GT and it laggs? I have an 9600GT, which is less powerfull and can run the game all on max + AA. It's also uncut. Oke, I overclocked my GPU with rivatuner, but THIS is something that sounds hard to belive for me. Could it be that something else is bad with your PC? Maybe drivers, viruses or a hard drive full of trash?
    Can't be harddrive. New 1tb WD black only 25 gb used My ram is fine. I'm using XP 32bit ( Need upgrade soon ) My CPU is fine. Like i said a game like crysis witch is ten times more demanding and waste full then a source game should not be running better.
    I have Win7...when it's really the OS then it will mostly be because of the drivers. The fact that your OS is x32 doesn't matter, because the guys from Valve aren't really making Source a current-gen-engine. Just look at the sourceengine and compare it to: CryEngine 2+3 and Dunia. The source engine doesn't support dx10/11 and x64 is not supported too. So I think you have a junked Harddrive and/or not actual drivers. Against the junked harddrive you can use Tuneup Utlities. It helped me on my old PC too, really...You should at least try it. When you don't know what you should set up there, I can tell ya.
    Learning stuff...
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by TheSniperFan
    Posted by nuclearbanana
    I have Win7...when it's really the OS then it will mostly be because of the drivers. The fact that your OS is x32 doesn't matter, because the guys from Valve aren't really making Source a current-gen-engine. Just look at the sourceengine and compare it to: CryEngine 2+3 and Dunia. The source engine doesn't support dx10/11 and x64 is not supported too. So I think you have a junked Harddrive and/or not actual drivers. Against the junked harddrive you can use Tuneup Utlities. It helped me on my old PC too, really...You should at least try it. When you don't know what you should set up there, I can tell ya.
    Il look into the Harddrive, but it works fine so far. I only have problems with one other game but that's another story It's BF2 pr mod Btw And it seems to be a ram problem or Mem leak. But i'm asking the devs for help.
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Sparkwire avatar
    Sparkwire Joined 12y ago
    73,949 points Ranked 59th
    2 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Daishi 1
    qft
    qft=quit fucking talking. you rude asshole.
    WE FUCKING PUNCHED 186 FUCKING avatar
    Mantra
    WE FUCKING PUNCHED 186 FUCKING
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    My harddrive seem to run perfect I get faster load times as i knew would happen since it's s 32mb cache, better then my old ata drive. But i will try one thing, making a page file, 4 gb. And i've seen the video cards on store computers with virtual video memory, does any one know how i could do this?
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    112 points Ranked 66919th
    access_time 10y
    Its your rig... How could it be the game if I have a 2.4GHz single core prossesor(not overclocked) 3GB of DDR2 RAM, 7GB of hardrive space left on my first hardive, and 60GB on my other, and most of all having a 9500GT 512mb and have L4D2 run with max settings, High Gore, and having a average of 60Fps besides during hordes... The only Reasons I can think of it not working is 1. Maybe its your CPU being Overclocked to 3.1GHz from 2.5Ghz and your CPU fan cant keep the CPU tempature down enough for it to work properly... 2. You are running out of RAM Cache and need another GB 3. Your Screen Resolution Is or Around 2560x1600(max resolution for graphics card, the closer you are to this the slower the game) 4. Your useing a 8-pin to 6-pin adapter to power the graphics card, which is not for long term use... 5. YOUR RUNNING DIRECT X 9! which is the minamal requirment for Direct X for the game to work at all... Sorry if I sound imposing
    URL to post:
  • Zakk avatar
    Zakk username pic Joined 13y ago
    107,245 points Ranked 30th
    19 medals 3 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kommandojoe Sorry man, but its your comp. You should really get a quad core and some more ram. The game is perfectly optimized.
    Bit silly to be honest not everyone can afford it also my specs aren't great but there up to date and sometimes it doesn't always run smoothly but I fixed it by reformatting.
    Community Liason avatar
    Mantra
    Community Liason
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Grabbin Pills? Its your rig... How could it be the game if I have a 2.4GHz single core prossesor(not overclocked) 3GB of DDR2 RAM, 7GB of hardrive space left on my first hardive, and 60GB on my other, and most of all having a 9500GT 512mb and have L4D2 run with max settings, High Gore, and having a average of 60Fps besides during hordes... The only Reasons I can think of it not working is 1. Maybe its your CPU being Overclocked to 3.1GHz from 2.5Ghz and your CPU fan cant keep the CPU tempature down enough for it to work properly... 2. You are running out of RAM Cache and need another GB 3. Your Screen Resolution Is or Around 2560x1600(max resolution for graphics card, the closer you are to this the slower the game) 4. Your useing a 8-pin to 6-pin adapter to power the graphics card, which is not for long term use... 5. YOUR RUNNING DIRECT X 9! which is the minamal requirment for Direct X for the game to work at all... Sorry if I sound imposing
    1 there is nothing to be implied bye you're harddrive space other then you have more chances of deleting the game or loosing the drive 1.5 having a smaller drive would allow the drive to search faster 1.7 another drive wouldn't effect anything 2 If my cpu was over heating i wouldn't be ingame to know my game is running slowly because I've got a asus board and it hates hi temps and will turn off my game if it over heats. 2.5 Over clocking anything won't effect you're fan, at most you're fan will speed up. the fan is based off the polling of the CPU 3 The game recommends 1 gb for Xp witch i have double of, so the game can't take up more then 1 gb at once but it. 3.1 but i can take up more then 1 gb but that goes to my unlimited page file ( Yeah you're page file auto sizes ) so the performance loss wouldn't be this great 4 i have a 1440x900, and you can c that on my profile. 5 I'm not stupid 6 WHAT ARE YOU USING DX10? well source doesn't support dx10. So i got to use dx9 6.1 and my specs are well within range actually my old rigg was on the boarder line of being to slow ( 6600 LE and 2.4 ghz 1 core or something and 1gb ) SO it's not Hardware. And so many ppl are reporting not having this problem with worse video cards.
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Accually im using DX11 some how, and why did that other person tell peolpe that the source engine is only DX9 compatable, Its says on l4d and L4D2 that the minamal is DX9, becuase who would be using DX9 on Win 7? which is one of the supported OS I never called you stupid... Also, just wondering if your graphics card is on the recomend list of graphic cards on the box or website. The CPU fans also have max speeds and were designed for the Original CPU and not an overclocked one, but thats mostlikeley not the problem anyways... I dont want to sound mean but this is the only wya i can explain it
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Grabbin Pills? Accually im using DX11 some how, and why did that other person tell peolpe that the source engine is only DX9 compatable, Its says on l4d and L4D2 that the minamal is DX9... I never called you stupid... Also, just wondering if your graphics card is on the recomend list of graphic cards on the box or website. The CPU fans also have max speeds and were designed for the Original CPU and not an overclocked one, but thats mostlikeley not the problem anyways... I dont want to sound mean but this is the only wya i can explain it
    Yeah i know you did not call me stupid, i menth for the 8-pin and 6-pin. It's a no brainer and it's really not relevant to why i get a performance loss, there shouldn't be any there . Even if you have dx11 the game still renders as dx9. you don't get any eye candy we don't unless the game is menth for it witch it is not. My card is on the supported list. An di know what the fan is only menth to go so fast
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    I get eye candy, it just looks like direct x 9 candy :D and the 8pin to 6pin thing i was talking about if you were using the converter cable that comes in the graphics card box that changes a 8pin to 6pin. I Wasn't saying you were using a 8pin instead of a 6pin(if thats what you though i ment, most likely not though)
    URL to post:
  • Mxmlln avatar
    Mxmlln Joined 13y ago
    40,578 points Ranked 103rd
    17 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Snakefist Well I bought L4D2 pretty much all for the gore.
    You would buy a game just for that... thats sad.
    fpsb?
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Mxmlln
    Posted by Snakefist Well I bought L4D2 pretty much all for the gore.
    You would buy a game just for that... thats sad.
    How is that sad? you think L4D2 would be a zombie Apocalypse without gore? it be more like a PG horror movie...
    URL to post:
  • jamespizzurro avatar
    jamespizzurro Joined 14y ago
    access_time 10y
    So let me get this staight: You expect a game where hundreds of inherently resource-whoring zombie NPCs rush at you together while they collectively think thousands of times every second to run well on a shitty machine? Call me crazy, but I think you just need to get your hands dirty and stop cheating your way into playing a game your computer clearly cannot support out of the box.
    Agent Red Productions avatar
    Mantra
    Agent Red Productions
    URL to post:
  • kommandojoe avatar
    access_time 10y
    Maybe you have an assload of background task, or just one really big one. iTunes can be destructive!
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kommandojoe Maybe you have an assload of background task, or just one really big one. iTunes can be destructive!
    or limewire... 50th :D
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by .Echo So let me get this staight: You expect a game where hundreds of inherently resource-whoring zombie NPCs rush at you together while they collectively think thousands of times every second to run well on a shitty machine? Call me crazy, but I think you just need to get your hands dirty and stop cheating your way into playing a game your computer clearly cannot support out of the box.
    LOL did you even read my specs? you sounds cocky. what do you have a ati 57xx or a gtx? well you know what good for you To every one else i'm sorry but I updated my drivers and it works fine now. But i lost even more play back, with my old drivers i wasn't able to play cod 1, for now i get some errors while free game slike Crossfire oh well Thanks guys. I guess the old drivers have problems with fast moving stuff i dunno ANyways thanks for the help that you guys tried to give and i redeem L4d2 being properly optimized etc etc. And yeah i do get 60fps no matter what now.
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • nuclearbanana avatar
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Grabbin Pills? I get eye candy, it just looks like direct x 9 candy :D and the 8pin to 6pin thing i was talking about if you were using the converter cable that comes in the graphics card box that changes a 8pin to 6pin. I Wasn't saying you were using a 8pin instead of a 6pin(if thats what you though i ment, most likely not though)
    Actually it comes with 2 4 pins to a 6 pin. yeah just agreeing that not properly powering hardware would be dum and i would have nothing to complain about
    unpatient basterd
    URL to post:
  • Mxmlln avatar
    Mxmlln Joined 13y ago
    40,578 points Ranked 103rd
    17 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Grabbin Pills?
    Posted by Mxmlln You would buy a game just for that... thats sad.
    How is that sad? you think L4D2 would be a zombie Apocalypse without gore? it be more like a PG horror movie...
    Hmmm you seem to have clearly misunderstood my post. I was expressing that I thought it was lame that he bought the game JUST FOR THE GORE.
    fpsb?
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Mxmlln
    Posted by Grabbin Pills?
    Posted by Mxmlln You would buy a game just for that... thats sad.
    Hmmm you seem to have clearly misunderstood my post. I was expressing that I thought it was lame that he bought the game JUST FOR THE GORE.
    ok why did you buy it (if you did >.>) becuase of the good story?
    URL to post:
  • The Church avatar
    The Church Joined 12y ago
    408 points Ranked 47858th
    access_time 10y
    I can run l4d2 very smoothly with gore on. also be a man and just play with the gore
    HNNNNNNNG
    URL to post:
  • Peptos avatar
    Peptos Joined 10y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Resist777 I can run l4d2 very smoothly with gore on. also be a man and just play with the gore
    he said he updates the drivers and it worked... :O
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

nuclearbanana avatar