tf2 low fps in servers..

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

Are you joking?

System Specs: Amd Anthlon 64x2 2.5ghz Gygabite HD 4890 1gb Gddr5 4 GB of Ram 500 Gb of Hard drive. Hello. I have a big problem with my Team Fortress 2. IT is the FPS DROPPING! Quiet frankly, im sick and tierd of going into servers trying to play, while my FPS is hitting 20-30! This is extremely unplayable, and also not smooth. I dont understand Why this is, All my graphic drivers are up-to-date. Is there something I am missing? It doesn't matter if i turn it all down, it still gets crap fps, even if i look at teammates its low. Believe me , I can run the game maxed by myself, but when i go on servers, it jumps from 100+ to below 30. Please help... What can I do, to actually play the game fully without destroying it completely.
  • Insaneicide avatar
    Insaneicide Joined 11y ago
    11,488 points Ranked 476th
    14 medals 2 rare
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 4th Place - Halloween Skinning Contest 2014 Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    9y
    i know what you need :D besides that i have no idea the default teammates are around 16000 polys these are roughly around 700 without loosing much of the graphical look (will be updated soon :D) or you can possibly change your rates and such but i forget how to do all that stuff
    Ima Recycla,I use what i got f avatar
    Mantra
    Ima Recycla,I use what i got f
    URL to post:
  • chaos7040 avatar
    chaos7040 Joined 14y ago
    9y
    Posted by Insaneicide i know what you need :D besides that i have no idea the default teammates are around 16000 polys these are roughly around 700 without loosing much of the graphical look (will be updated soon :D) or you can possibly change your rates and such but i forget how to do all that stuff
    That does nothing.. Its still hitting 20 frames persecond
    URL to post:
  • What does your framerate become when looking at the floor?
    Du bist mein Schatz!
    URL to post:
  • silent_disaster avatar
    silent_disaster Joined 11y ago
    1,000 points Ranked 30000th
    9y
    Urgh. Same thing is happening to me. I was always able to run TF2 perfectly fine. Then all of a sudden it seems whenever I leave my spawn, my FPS drops drastically and it becomes unplayable. Did Valve change something about the game or what?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • boiler rat avatar
    boiler rat Joined 11y ago
    2,353 points Ranked 20206th
    9y
    Go to your GPU's control panel and check for a setting called "Let 3d application decide" instead of forcing your GPU to run all high settings. Like this:
    Normal avatar? Yeah I got one.
    URL to post:
  • OH-SNAP! avatar
    OH-SNAP! Joined 12y ago
    6,276 points Ranked 1007th
    9y
    I've had the same problem. All I did was go to C://Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/MY STEAM USERNAME/ and deleted the whole "team fortress 2" folder. It will suck if you have a bunch of custom skins/models/sounds etc, but its worth it, and will get your game back up and running smoothly again. PS: When you launch the game again, it ill create a new "team fortress 2" folder, in the same place.
    Level 100 FPSB Member avatar
    Mantra
    Level 100 FPSB Member
    URL to post:
  • boiler rat avatar
    boiler rat Joined 11y ago
    2,353 points Ranked 20206th
    9y
    Posted by OH-SNAP! I've had the same problem. All I did was go to C://Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/MY STEAM USERNAME/ and deleted the whole "team fortress 2" folder. It will suck if you have a bunch of custom skins/models/sounds etc, but its worth it, and will get your game back up and running smoothly again. PS: When you launch the game again, it ill create a new "team fortress 2" folder, in the same place.
    C://Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/MY STEAM USERNAME/team fortress 2/tf delete the TF folder not team fortress 2.
    Normal avatar? Yeah I got one.
    URL to post:
  • OH-SNAP! avatar
    OH-SNAP! Joined 12y ago
    6,276 points Ranked 1007th
    9y
    Posted by boiler rat
    I recently did this. Yesterday mater of fact. I know what I'm doing.
    Level 100 FPSB Member avatar
    Mantra
    Level 100 FPSB Member
    URL to post:
  • CptFalcon avatar
    CptFalcon Joined 12y ago
    1,078 points Ranked 23914th
    9y
    Bump. I haven't played TF2 in weeks because I just gave up after getting 7fps inbetween the forts of 2fort. I don't know exactly when it happened, but my game went from 40-60 fps to 10-30, and 30 is only while i'm in spawn. it's fucking bullshit, i have a single core processor but my rig is more than capable of running this game, and btw it HAS been up until maybe a month ago. get this: I get the same framerate when all my graphics settings are high on high resolution (1280) and when theyre low and on low res (1024). sound quality also does not help. i dont get this problem in Ep2, and I really want to play this game again. I can only play so much CS:S before I really just miss my old favorite.
    Formerly PhatMan avatar
    Mantra
    Formerly PhatMan
    URL to post:
  • chaos7040 avatar
    chaos7040 Joined 14y ago
    9y
    Yeah seem I dont understand either. My CCC wont open, because its havign soem error.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter