Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

whats my problem?

A Forum Thread for Left 4 Dead 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

so i have a slight problem

Alright, ever since the l4d2 demo first came out publicly i noticed a few graphical problems. sure i can just let them slide, but its kinda annoying to hear jets that you can't even see. so what my problem is: i can't see the skybox nor can i see the water, picture shown here: i can see everything else just fine, just not the water or skybox. specs: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x5B60) cpu speed: 3.39 GHz
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 629th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    Sounds like a shader problem, one that I don't know how to fix. Where you able to play any Source'07 engine or L4D fine?
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    1,666 points Ranked 21542nd
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Sebhael Sounds like a shader problem, one that I don't know how to fix. Where you able to play any Source'07 engine or L4D fine?
    yeah, every other game runs smoothly with no graphical problems whatsoever. i am considering re-installing the demo, but i need to know if this is an actual problem.(i can see EVERYTHING ELSE fine)
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • kexet avatar
    kexet Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    XD i cant se the heads on the humans or the boss zombies :P but i'm guessing where they are
    maybe
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kexet XD i cant se the heads on the humans or the boss zombies :P but i'm guessing where they are
    then try changing your shaders to medium or low, that fixed most of my problems. because valve forgot to add full shader model 2.0 support in the demo by accident. hopefully this will be fixed in the main game.
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • Adc. avatar
    Adc. Joined 14y ago
    40,182 points Ranked 104th
    access_time 10y
    Are you playing on low? coz a friend of mine has the excatct view of the water and the sky (he also can't see the 2 jets at the beginning)
    I do sprays on request
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Adc. Are you playing on low? coz a friend of mine has the excatct view of the water and the sky (he also can't see the 2 jets at the beginning)
    I have everything else on high except the shaders(set to medium), because as i stated before valve forgot to add full support for shader model 2.0
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • kexet avatar
    kexet Joined 11y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Turkey72
    Posted by kexet XD i cant se the heads on the humans or the boss zombies :P but i'm guessing where they are
    then try changing your shaders to medium or low, that fixed most of my problems. because valve forgot to add full shader model 2.0 support in the demo by accident. hopefully this will be fixed in the main game.
    I have everything u can have on low is on low still i can't se the boss zombies :S
    maybe
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by kexet
    Posted by Turkey72
    I have everything u can have on low is on low still i can't se the boss zombies :S
    Then re-install or upgrade to a less shittier graphics card maybe?
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • Bulledt avatar
    Bulledt Joined 10y ago
    100 points Ranked 73716th
    access_time 10y
    I have a problem with the Main Game of Left 4 Dead 2. I cant see the Heads of Human or the Boss Zombis (Smoker,Tank,...) i switched the graphic on high and low not of this helps me. PLS give me help
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Turkey72 avatar
    Turkey72 Joined 12y ago
    access_time 10y
    Posted by Bulledt I have a problem with the Main Game of Left 4 Dead 2. I cant see the Heads of Human or the Boss Zombis (Smoker,Tank,...) i switched the graphic on high and low not of this helps me. PLS give me help
    are you running dx7? becuase left 4 dead 2 does not support dx7. if you are using another card, then see what shader version your card supports(the minimum is 2.0)
    Don't eat me avatar
    Mantra
    Don't eat me
    URL to post:
  • Bulledt avatar
    Bulledt Joined 10y ago
    100 points Ranked 73716th
    access_time 10y
    I use DX 10 and i have the problem. My Graficcard war to old i have download the new Softwear and i can see all of the Game but thx
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 13y ago
    16,269 points Ranked 352nd
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 10y
    They're all reported issues that appear on some specific GPU's and they're trying to fix them.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Turkey72 avatar