Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Sentence

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I just installed cl on my new comp and noticed that the scientists wheren't saying the scripted sentences. Checking my dir. i noticed that the sentences file wasen't there. Does ne 1 know where it is?:mgw:

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21803rd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I have a few ideas for the HE. It will soon be a blast!
    HE's isn't frag grenades... Frags are for killing and room clearing HE is for moving.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47667th
    access_time 16y
    Max carry in death match for HE 4 or 5, but keep the damage at 110.. It's enough with one or two vests [15-30> to survive, a direct hit. And if you direct hit someone with a grenade you deserve to hurt him well... Standard damage for HL grenades is 100 and satchels 110... I think... Not totally sure thought..It's not less than 100 anyway.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20184th
    access_time 16y
    I have a few ideas for the HE. It will soon be a blast!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The current damage for the HE is 110. I threw a HE at myself in MP. Instant death and gibbed. So I thought maybe 90 would do nice. How's that damage for a change?
    Well if you give me frags (Frag grenades) it is ok, I need something to wipe out the crowds with.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    The current damage for the HE is 110. I threw a HE at myself in MP. Instant death and gibbed. So I thought maybe 90 would do nice. How's that damage for a change?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21173rd
    access_time 16y
    If anything they are way to weak. Id like for once to throw a CS grenade at something and expect it to die...*O.o Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I need to tone down the damage for the HEs. Way too big. And you will have FIFTEEN!
    WARNING: Haunter is a traitor, he is working with the assasins where Gordon got captured. Haunter don't want me to blow them away...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I need to tone down the damage for the HEs. Way too big. And you will have FIFTEEN!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    234 points Ranked 53635th
    access_time 16y
    I think that bunker is the most fun in multi. Although it does get boring... until you give yourself M249s and hegrenades :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Guess I'm 5 days late. But you would probably win anyway. :)
    Well Haunter is never around when we need him... Solution: Make more Haunters... *Starts to clone Haunter*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Do you want to play CL multi now Haunter?
    Guess I'm 5 days late. But you would probably win anyway. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I purposely get teleported if I have too much ammunition to spare. I can't wait to see the big bad boss or mid-boss in HL2. Probably it's that strider bug.
    Hehehe bad luck. I hide behind a pilar so it takes the teleport shots. As for HL2 the solution to the boss is to pack as much damn firepower as however possible.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Do you want to play CL multi now Haunter?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I purposely get teleported if I have too much ammunition to spare. I can't wait to see the big bad boss or mid-boss in HL2. Probably it's that strider bug.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Far Q Xen isn't that hard. Just buy full ammo for your guns on earth and save the M249 for Nilanth :) Make sure you have A) An AWP B) A primary and secondary assault rifle (use all the ammo in your secondary one first, saving the primary for important things) C) An MP5 or TMP D) full HE grenades This should get any player through quite easily :m4:
    Well I only resort to gunfire when absolutly necessary. So it goes fine, though M249 isn't what I use against Nilanth. There I use AWP for the power modules and I do gun passes on the poor alien, I have never been teleported away from it in CL, never...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Xen isn't that hard. Just buy full ammo for your guns on earth and save the M249 for Nilanth :) Make sure you have A) An AWP B) A primary and secondary assault rifle (use all the ammo in your secondary one first, saving the primary for important things) C) An MP5 or TMP D) full HE grenades This should get any player through quite easily :m4:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    My work never seems to end. First we have Counter-Life, then Counter-Life 2? Actually, it was luck that made Counter-Life playable in HL SP maps. Think back at all the situations encountered. Don't you notice it was lucky to have it this way? For example the garbage crusher, if there was no melee weapon for CS, how would you get out? Then there's the health stations and HEV stations. Notice that most of them are placed in the right areas and you will be able to access them at the right time(of course, we have the Xen problem)? CS and HL does make a perfect pair.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Come to think of it, I wonder if HL2 would need that sentence text. And there is no need for lip synching for the models as you can just record your own voice in a .wav file and play it. Those lips on the models would follow exactly what was recorded. Then, of course, there is also our 'sweet' voices.
    Yeah, is that the game we will see CL2 for? Hehehe CS enters the new engine of HL.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Come to think of it, I wonder if HL2 would need that sentence text. And there is no need for lip synching for the models as you can just record your own voice in a .wav file and play it. Those lips on the models would follow exactly what was recorded. Then, of course, there is also our 'sweet' voices.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Mee123104 Well, i ended up deleting cl sentences file and it worked. all the guns sound properly and the scientists say scripted events. Thanks. :m4: :eek:
    No prob, had the same problem myself as I used CS one. I threw it out because I noticed that the Scientists kept their mouth shut.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    Well, i ended up deleting cl sentences file and it worked. all the guns sound properly and the scientists say scripted events. Thanks. :m4: :eek:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Mee123104 I just installed cl on my new comp and noticed that the scientists wheren't saying the scripted sentences. Checking my dir. i noticed that the sentences file wasen't there. Does ne 1 know where it is?:mgw:
    Hmm if it wasn't there the game would use default HL one... Sure that it wasn't there? It the sounds folder. if it is DELETE IT!
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago