Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Name me some new sexy bands.

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Metal fans only.

• A_Kennedy avatar
    A_Kennedy Joined 12y ago
    2,316 points Ranked 20393rd
    9 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Slayer? o.o I like war ensemble from them :P Maybe you would like Godsmack and maybe you could try immortal
    URL to post:
  • im12andwhatisthis avatar
    im12andwhatisthis Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Mastodon
    wut
    URL to post:
  • unknown_all avatar
    unknown_all Joined 14y ago
    100 points Ranked 73626th
    access_time 11y
    I'm not surprised you're bored, that's a tiny collection of music! I had planned on putting some thought into my response but I'm just going to give you a screen shot of my list; though some of the shit on here is on here for the benefit of my mother, remember that! There you go :)
    URL to post:
  • Jazqa avatar
    Jazqa Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Freedom Call (Power Metal) Pyramaze (Power Metal, Matt Barlows (best Iced Earth singer) sings in album "Immortal") Gamma Ray (Power Metal, happier than Blind Guardian) Elvenking (Folkish Power Metal) Armored Saint (Old School Heavy Metal) Ensiferum (Viking/Melodic Death Metal, little like Amon Amarth but more CoB like vocals.) Amorphis (Death/Doom/Progressive Metal with Folkish elements.) Slayer (Doesn't need to explain) Týr (Progressive/Viking Metal. Try it you may like it or hate it. Like Amon Amarth but with progressive elements and clean vocals) Wintersun (If you liked Ensiferum) Dimmu Borgir (... you have Cradle of Filth too...) 3 Inches of Blood (Heavy Metal, Can't really explain :D) Falconer (Folkish Power Metal) Suidakra (Folkish Melodic Death Metal) Persuader (Combination of Iced Earth and Blind Guardian) Moonsorrow (If you would like to try Black Metal, Moonsorrow is Folk Metal with much Black influences) Kalmah (Power/Melodic Death, fucking awesome. ) Judas Priest (No need to explain) PS. Sabaton - Primo Victoria album is a MUST!
    Blood is the Price of Glory avatar
    Mantra
    Blood is the Price of Glory
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 15y ago
    3,659 points Ranked 2228th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Jazqa Freedom Call (Power Metal) Pyramaze (Power Metal, Matt Barlows (best Iced Earth singer) sings in album "Immortal") Gamma Ray (Power Metal, happier than Blind Guardian) Elvenking (Folkish Power Metal) Armored Saint (Old School Heavy Metal) Ensiferum (Viking/Melodic Death Metal, little like Amon Amarth but more CoB like vocals.) Amorphis (Death/Doom/Progressive Metal with Folkish elements.) Slayer (Doesn't need to explain) Týr (Progressive/Viking Metal. Try it you may like it or hate it. Like Amon Amarth but with progressive elements and clean vocals) Wintersun (If you liked Ensiferum) Dimmu Borgir (... you have Cradle of Filth too...) 3 Inches of Blood (Heavy Metal, Can't really explain :D) Falconer (Folkish Power Metal) Suidakra (Folkish Melodic Death Metal) Persuader (Combination of Iced Earth and Blind Guardian) Moonsorrow (If you would like to try Black Metal, Moonsorrow is Folk Metal with much Black influences) Kalmah (Power/Melodic Death, fucking awesome. ) Judas Priest (No need to explain) PS. Sabaton - Primo Victoria album is a MUST!
    I'm listening to Kalmah right now, and I fucking love their music. It will take me awhile to get used to those vocals, not becuase they're bad, but I just can't understand them just yet, but I will be able to. And, I had a lot more albums from each band before I got a new computer. I'm slowly woprking my way through your list.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • Number. avatar
    Number. Joined 12y ago
    61,799 points Ranked 65th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Not much, but here are some. In Flames, good, but not as good as CoB. Sotajumala, Finnish death metal. Their stuff is pretty brutal. Slayer. Testament.
    Laddergoat, u so random. avatar
    Mantra
    Laddergoat, u so random.
    URL to post:
  • Locutus avatar
    Locutus username pic Joined 12y ago
    1,465 points Ranked 22097th
    15 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Black dahlia murder ftw.
    will map 4 füd avatar
    Mantra
    will map 4 füd
    URL to post:
  • Dragon DirectX 11 avatar
    Dragon DirectX 11 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, and Slayer.
    F-A-I-L-E-D
    URL to post:
  • deadmonkey-dj avatar
    deadmonkey-dj Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    URL to post:
  • AxeKillJoy avatar
    AxeKillJoy username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,657 points Ranked 2230th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    access_time 11y
    I would recommend Nonpoint, Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, and Five Finger Death Punch.
    To boldly go... avatar
    Mantra
    To boldly go...
    URL to post:
  • Porcelain avatar
    Porcelain Joined 14y ago
    10,115 points Ranked 594th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    access_time 11y
    Damn shame I don't see any Judas Priest or Dokken. ... damn shame Testament is great, be sure to listen to their "Electric Crown" In Flames is amazing. Listen to their songs "trigger" "Cloud connected" "only for the weak" "alias" Dream Theater. The Sword. (more metal version of Dragonforce, fantasy based, better sounding, good band.) Tool. Probably in my opinion one of the greatest progressive metal bands ever, such complexity brought through simplistic sounds. Very good band, I'm sure you've heard a few of their songs. Opeth. Melodic Progressive Death Metal, one of the most unique sounding bands ever, I can not describe their style. To see the difference in their playing, listen to : Patterns in the ivy II, Bleak, Ghost of Perdition.
    I'm screaming, this life is a  avatar
    Mantra
    I'm screaming, this life is a
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 13y ago
    16,269 points Ranked 350th
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    I lol'd at "Lordi, 6 albums 66 songs."
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Dragon DirectX 11 avatar
    Dragon DirectX 11 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    DC4, Dokken, Dio, Black Sabbeth, Exodus, Van Halen. Sorry for another post i like a lot of music.
    F-A-I-L-E-D
    URL to post:
  • Jazqa avatar
    Jazqa Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Skyfire reminds me very much of Children of Bodom and Kalmah. Forgot it from the list above ^. And also. If you liked some bands in my list I know millions of bands that are similiar to them :P. btw many people here have requested Burzum, Immortal and many Death/Black Metal bands that are very good and worth checking but they don't have really anything to do with the current bands in your library, but you may like them anyways though, but I think bands like Burzum may be too extreme. Nobody instantly listens to BM without listening other metal genres first.
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Jackass Storm Trooper avatar
    5,020 points Ranked 1368th
    access_time 11y
    I'm to lazy to type all the band names out. So... Clicky! :D Most of it is within the extreme genre. A few might be some kind of core (metalcore, grindcore, deathcore) and some in non-English.
    URL to post:
  • dys avatar
    dys Joined 14y ago
    access_time 11y
    Are you a fan of bands like Isis? If so, I have a list. Also, here's a link to my last.fm. Maybe there's some stuff on there you might like. Maybe not. I don't care really. Just trying to help. dys_ last.fm
    Be inspired avatar
    Mantra
    Be inspired
    URL to post:
  • Doodles avatar
    Doodles Joined 13y ago
    1,023 points Ranked 25168th
    access_time 11y
    Hammerfall. They're awesome.
    URL to post:
  • dys avatar
    dys Joined 14y ago
    access_time 11y
    Alright fuck it. I'll list some Mouth Of The Architect Cult of Luna Godflesh Black Math Horseman Jesu The Ocean Old Man Gloom Neurosis maudlin of the Well Pelican (no vocals) Rosetta Those are my heavier bands. I also have Norma Jean, but they're metalcore... I also recommend joining last.fm if you want to look for new music. That's how I found all those bands on this list and then some. You can preview songs. See what other people have to say about the band, an album of theirs, or even a single song of theirs. It'll open up new pathways into genres you didn't think you'd like before. It's a great tool to find new music and keep tab on the music you already enjoy. It's a good community too. Big, but good.
    Be inspired avatar
    Mantra
    Be inspired
    URL to post:
  • Jazqa avatar
    Jazqa Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Fully linked my post with youtube videos :P (half bump)
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • jakechapy avatar
    jakechapy Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Assorted jeally beans devil wears prada(hardcore but awesome harmonies) streetlight manifesto alkaline trio jimmy eats world and bodmarley is awesome family force 5
    TECHNOGEEKS WITH SPREADSHEETS
    URL to post:
  • matuka avatar
    matuka username pic Joined 12y ago
    3,604 points Ranked 2272nd
    15 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Disturbed, Queen, Alexisonfire.
    URL to post:
  • Number. avatar
    Number. Joined 12y ago
    61,799 points Ranked 65th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Number. Not much, but here are some. In Flames, good, but not as good as CoB. Sotajumala, Finnish death metal. Their stuff is pretty brutal. Slayer. Testament.
    Updated with songs.
    Laddergoat, u so random. avatar
    Mantra
    Laddergoat, u so random.
    URL to post:
  • Hamster avatar
    Hamster Joined 13y ago
    1,682 points Ranked 21480th
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Turmion Kätilöt. I know I mentioned them before, but they are awesome. Devil Driver: Volbeat Well, watch it :D
    Oh hai. avatar
    Mantra
    Oh hai.
    URL to post:
  • deadmonkey-dj avatar
    deadmonkey-dj Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    You can go here.
    Loflrofl
    URL to post:
  • It's Tommy! avatar
    It's Tommy! Joined 12y ago
    714 points Ranked 43110th
    access_time 11y
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Foxeh avatar
    Foxeh Joined 13y ago
    14,942 points Ranked 391st
    access_time 11y
    I'd say Nightwish :P and SOAD :D
    Jesus is coming! Look busy!
    URL to post:
  • scout1011 avatar
    scout1011 Joined 13y ago
    819 points Ranked 42221st
    access_time 11y
    Here is my list of some bands I think you'd like. I tried to give a bit of a variety, so stuff that's similar to some bands you already listen to, and then some completely random things. In bold is the band name, in brackets the genre/brief description, and then in italics the album I recommend you first listen to.
    The Morningside (crushing doom metal) - The Wind, The Trees And The Shadows Of The Past Alcest (essentially dreampop with a black metal influence, entirely clean vocals, very good if you have an open mind, tell me if you like it because I'll rec more like this) - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde Aeternus (blackened death, one of my favourites of that style) - And So The Night Became Kampfar (black metal, some refer to them as viking metal whatever that means) Absu (probably one of the best US black metal bands) - Tara Immortal (black metal initially in the vein of Bathory, listen to Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, their debut and best) - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism Forgotten Woods (a founding band of the DSBM style, but is essentially great blackened doom) - As The Wolves Gather Primordial (epic black metal, with clean vocals) - To The Nameless Dead Skyfire (melodic death, similar to CoB but much, much better) - Spectral Bathory (founding black metal band, unrelenting and brutal) - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark At The Gates (I suppose obligatory if you like melodic death, good band) - Slaughter Of The Soul Kreator (great thrash metal, listen to Pleasure To Kill or Terrible Certainty, their new albums are average) - Terrible Certainty Walknut (one of my favourite black metal bands, heavily in the Burzum style but still manage to sound original, and extremely atmospheric) - Graveforests And Their Shadows Darkthrone (normally known as a black metal band, but their debut album Soulside Journey is straight up death metal, and is very good) - Soulside Journey Bal-Sagoth (one of my personal favourite extreme metal bands, they blend black and symphonic elements, use keyboards heavily, but it never becomes obnoxious, instead it's just fucking epic music) - The Power Cosmic Death (great death metal band, their later albums are more progressive than earlier) - Symbolic Burzum (essential, just brilliant atmopsheric black metal) - Det Som Engang Var or Hvis Lyset Tar Oss Emperor (well known symphonic black metal band, pioneers of that style, and are great) - In The Nightside Eclipse
    The lands are bleak and long avatar
    Mantra
    The lands are bleak and long
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 15y ago
    3,659 points Ranked 2228th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by scout1011 Here is my list of some bands I think you'd like. I tried to give a bit of a variety, so stuff that's similar to some bands you already listen to, and then some completely random things. In bold is the band name, in brackets the genre/brief description, and then in italics the album I recommend you first listen to.
    The Morningside (crushing doom metal) - The Wind, The Trees And The Shadows Of The Past Alcest (essentially dreampop with a black metal influence, entirely clean vocals, very good if you have an open mind, tell me if you like it because I'll rec more like this) - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde Aeternus (blackened death, one of my favourites of that style) - And So The Night Became Kampfar (black metal, some refer to them as viking metal whatever that means) Absu (probably one of the best US black metal bands) - Tara Immortal (black metal initially in the vein of Bathory, listen to Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, their debut and best) - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism Forgotten Woods (a founding band of the DSBM style, but is essentially great blackened doom) - As The Wolves Gather Primordial (epic black metal, with clean vocals) - To The Nameless Dead Skyfire (melodic death, similar to CoB but much, much better) - Spectral Bathory (founding black metal band, unrelenting and brutal) - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark At The Gates (I suppose obligatory if you like melodic death, good band) - Slaughter Of The Soul Kreator (great thrash metal, listen to Pleasure To Kill or Terrible Certainty, their new albums are average) - Terrible Certainty Walknut (one of my favourite black metal bands, heavily in the Burzum style but still manage to sound original, and extremely atmospheric) - Graveforests And Their Shadows Darkthrone (normally known as a black metal band, but their debut album Soulside Journey is straight up death metal, and is very good) - Soulside Journey Bal-Sagoth (one of my personal favourite extreme metal bands, they blend black and symphonic elements, use keyboards heavily, but it never becomes obnoxious, instead it's just fucking epic music) - The Power Cosmic Death (great death metal band, their later albums are more progressive than earlier) - Symbolic Burzum (essential, just brilliant atmopsheric black metal) - Det Som Engang Var or Hvis Lyset Tar Oss Emperor (well known symphonic black metal band, pioneers of that style, and are great) - In The Nightside Eclipse
    I may of forgot some that I like but, I do like.. Bal-Sagoth, Kreator, and Skyfire. The other's aren't bad, it's just that I'm a very very picky person with my music. :( Also, I'll be looking through everyone else's bands later.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Amen avatar