Need help making moving things burn

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Simubaya points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

I want to make a burning train

I have been working on a Left 4 Dead campaign, and I have been trying to make a scene like the one at the end of Dead Air. I want to have the Survivors walking down a path and have a train that is on fire go roaring past their position, continue out of sight and then cause and explosion that the players would hear. I don't need to animate the wreck because I'm putting it out of sight, but I don't know how to make the train burn. Can someone tell me how? And I was also wondering if there was a way to make the explosion visable over the tree tops. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks ^_^

• 8y
    1SG_Heartless avatar
    Member Joined 8y
    138 points Ranked 22692nd
    Since you cant really parent env_fire to anything, i use a fire based info_particle_system and a trigger hurt attached to the model as well if i intend it to hurt both survivors and infected alike, to make the explosion visible, is very possible, but requires more explaination, so add me to steam (1sg_heartless) and i can explain and even help create certain aspects of what you need,
    No Athiest in Foxholes! avatar
    Mantra
    No Athiest in Foxholes!

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Simubaya avatar