Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Weapon Properties

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Is it possible to alter the properties of the weapons in cl? E.g zoom range, power, mag capacity. I'm also afte the best aug, m4 and m249 relacements available does anyone have any pointers? Thanks.

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21827th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE DoD doesn't have a shotgun, I guess it wouldn't make much sense since most of that game is sniping anyway. Although they did add bazookas... What about that giant cannon on the A-10 Warthog? Is that just a 30mm Vulcan? Peace!:cool:
    The A-10 cannon is pretty special, it fires DU ammo also known as Depleted Uranium ammo at a very high automatic rate. It isn't called a tank buster for nothing. However the SU-25 does not have a cannon like that, but is better at striking defended airfields and such because the SU-25 was designed to take hits and survive. While the A-10 is like paper in comparison but has better firepower.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 16y
    Arnie's the man. Or one of those blasted Super Mutants from Fallout/Fallout 2.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52705th
    access_time 16y
    Yeah, the Warthog's cannon is what the minigun was invented as a predecessor to. The few prototype M134 and XM214 miniguns built were for research into the practicality of such a weapon for major military use. Another useless fact: the only minigun which could really be used by a human without fixed mountings etc. is the two (I think, may have only been 1) made for Terminator 2, which were lightened and had the cyclic rate cut from ~3000rpm (again, I think) to about 1700rpm to lower recoil. You still would need to be very strong to lift, never mind fire, one of these beasts.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21193rd
    access_time 16y
    DoD doesn't have a shotgun, I guess it wouldn't make much sense since most of that game is sniping anyway. Although they did add bazookas... What about that giant cannon on the A-10 Warthog? Is that just a 30mm Vulcan? Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    A Gatling gun with a motor is a minigun. So now you know the difference. ;) Plus, miniguns only seem to have been manufactured by General Electric, the M134 'Vulcan' and the XM214. This post was brought to you by the Foundation For Useless Facts... :p
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Then you would need thick gloves to protect your hand from the heat. Also, notice EVERY single FPS(First Person Shooter) has a shotgun or a shotgun-like weapon. No FPS is complete without it. Even Counter-Strike has it. But as for DOD........Does it?
    There was a crank you kept turning around... So the faster you could do it, the better cooled the gattling were.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Then you would need thick gloves to protect your hand from the heat. Also, notice EVERY single FPS(First Person Shooter) has a shotgun or a shotgun-like weapon. No FPS is complete without it. Even Counter-Strike has it. But as for DOD........Does it?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The gattling gun. A favourite weapon during the time of Wolfenstien 3D and Doom.
    The first gattling gun had no engine to spin the barrels so they were proppeled by normal hand force.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53756th
    access_time 16y
    hehe, don't forget the shotgun... no game has made a good shotgun since doom... same with the plasma rifle's reload animation, it makes yuo feel like hulk hogan after drinking 99 cans of woop ass :mgw:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    The gattling gun. A favourite weapon during the time of Wolfenstien 3D and Doom.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter There was once an ad in the local newspapers saying the Mr. Kalashnikov wished he had invented something like a lawn mower instead of a weapon of destruction.
    This Wednesday on Discovery channel on the evening, they send a documentary on machine guns, About Mr Gattling and Kalashnikov. Gattling made a colony control weapon, Kalashnikov a rifle for freedom fighting...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    There was once an ad in the local newspapers saying the Mr. Kalashnikov wished he had invented something like a lawn mower instead of a weapon of destruction.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49484th
    access_time 16y
    Designer of AK47: Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by peril I think it's available on the CDG Gunshop... here And the full AK designations: (AFAIK) AK - Avtomat Kalashnikov S - Folding stock U - Short barrel (conical end) M - Modified (plastic instead of wood, various issues fixed) eg. AKS47M - AK47 modified model, folding stock. :)
    For Close quarters I prefer the AKSU-74U with muzzle brake.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Where can I get Nirvy's so I can see what your talking about?
    I think it's available on the CDG Gunshop... here And the full AK designations: (AFAIK) AK - Avtomat Kalashnikov S - Folding stock U - Short barrel (conical end) M - Modified (plastic instead of wood, various issues fixed) eg. AKS47M - AK47 modified model, folding stock. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Haha! Not to confuse the 'U' with the 'V'.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter AKSU............... In chinese, 'Shu' means lose. As in losing a battle.
    SU part is in Russian something for "short version" or "Short barrel".
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by peril Okay, what do you want on it? I think Nirvy's AK74 is better (the MGS2-style one), so I can put that on the anims of the 1 you have ATM if you want. Whatever you want on the model I can stick on. :)
    Well it doesn't matter as long as its a cool-looking model with no errors/ clipping and replaces the mp5navy. The Ak-47 is going to be its own weapon so it can't replace that. Any creative control beyond that Ill leave to you.;) BTW Where can I get Nirvy's so I can see what your talking about? Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    AKSU............... In chinese, 'Shu' means lose. As in losing a battle.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I use Dirty Ducks old M-16 skin, it is sweet and I can't seem to fit with another M-16. For Ak, I use any AK-74 model not AKSU. The big one, looks almost like AK-47 but there are some diffrences.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE 3.) For the Aug I have an M4 with red sight by Karma from games-fusion.net.
    You mean by Bad_Karma, stolen by GF from W-H... ;)
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE 5.) Which reminds me Peril did you still wanna work on that ak-74 model?
    Okay, what do you want on it? I think Nirvy's AK74 is better (the MGS2-style one), so I can put that on the anims of the 1 you have ATM if you want. Whatever you want on the model I can stick on. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    For aug, I recommend the m14 model from weapon-heacks.com, BHD section.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53756th
    access_time 16y
    I use the Ultimate M4A1 with flip up sights as my M4, and Def's AK-47.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    1.) Base skins better? HA! Next you'll tell me Castle Wolfenstien was a graphical masterpiece...:p 2.) Well for the M4a1 I have the Ultimate M4 model featuring the standard handle sight. 3.) For the Aug I have an M4 with red sight by Karma from games-fusion.net. 4.) For the M249 I have 3 models that I switch between. A high-poly SAW with black-green skin, the G36 with drum clip, and a PKM with drum clip for my Iraq mod. 5.) Which reminds me Peril did you still wanna work on that ak-74 model? Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • sm0k1n_sn4k3 avatar
    sm0k1n_sn4k3 Joined 17y ago
    371 points Ranked 48316th
    access_time 16y
    Well I love the weapons so just like they are.. I still play with base skins... some ppl wann make some cool skins.. well I respect them..but the basic skins are still better ;) --------- :mgw: :m249: :crazy: :aug: :m4: :apc:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I prefer the lr300 model foe the M4. The plain one without any strap/scope etc. And also the one without the ultimate M4's arms.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    For AUG, I use one of the models on Weapon-Hacks, the base model is ReggieDog/Tinsoldier's, and there are lots of versions with different types of kit, from camo paint to grenade launchers. For M4, I use -[GDF>-Hopselfoh's M16 on Strykerwolf's animations, the same anims TheRanger mentioned. This is also on W-H. For M249, I use the FireArms M60, amazing reload animation, rather than flap up, box out, box in, flap down, it has: flap up, box out, box in, chain in, flap down, swap hands, boltpull. This is also available from W-H. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45348th
    access_time 16y
    Good AUG replacements are few and far between if you want an actual AUG. If you want an M16 in place of your AUG, there are some good ones at By far the best M4A1 model out there is the Ultimate M4, which actually comes in a couple of different versions. Excellent model, excellent skins, and the best reload, draw, and silencing animations I have ever seen in a computer game. You can find all the versions of this baby at csnation.counter-strike.net. Go there, and find the Skin of the Day feature. Open the "Archives" link, and go to their M4 archive. These will be near the top. As for an M249, there's a good replacement that is a G36 with a double-drum magazine. Changes the gun, sounds, everything. Everything is NEW. Makes the M249 feel completely different. I'm not sure where you can find it but try or the csnation SotD archive. It's got to be in one or the other, probably both.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code