Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Question

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Anyone know what the arab model is for? I just found a really nice terrorist looking player model online and I'm not quite sure how or if I can install it. I've had bad experiences just renaming a file (I tried renaming from terror.mdl to leet.mdl but the only result was a wildly flailing and buggy leet guy) so that won't work. Is there any use for an arab.mdl? Can I use it in CS?

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21826th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Right and then while the SAMs and Interceptor Fighters all chase you, I sneak in, plant the bomb, and run before they ever knew I was there...;) Peace!:cool:
    No Problem, I deliver ordenance while dodging, I have bombed airfields with 5 AA guns shooting after me, I had long lanes with tracers following me, and SAMs... LOL I bring a set with Mavericks for them, makes them shutup! As for fighters, I'll be in and out pretty fast, nothing is like running over the red sea with 5 Sukhoi SU-27's chasing you... Kinda makes you think...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21188th
    access_time 16y
    Right and then while the SAMs and Interceptor Fighters all chase you, I sneak in, plant the bomb, and run before they ever knew I was there...;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter 2003 - 1942 = 61 Lemme guess, you're freaking old? :)
    Well ACE isn't the only one that can demolish things... Just that I can demolish more than him on 5 minutes... Just let me pick my ordenance and plane.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53745th
    access_time 16y
    Mortyr? I remember trying to play it, but it crashed straight away.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm somehow that reminds me of the tagline for that aweful game Mortyr...:confused: Lol no I just like WWII stuff. Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20190th
    access_time 16y
    2003 - 1942 = 61 Lemme guess, you're freaking old? :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    No I am the immortal sniper!:eek: See the signature! The Signature!!!*O.o --->Auto-Snipah/ Demolitions Expert Since 1942! Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Thats odd... don't remember the Russians having jets in 1945. Maybe they got one of those Buck Rogers models?:D Peace!:cool:
    I think your brain needs a BIOS style flash, or a new CMOS battery, you are 58 years too late. *Opens up ACE's head and plugs in the flash utility and swaps CMOS battery* *Flashing, flashing, flashing 99% done... POWER LOSS* Whoops some bug here... Now he won't boot, reflash. *Flashing, flashing, Flashing complete!* There we go, now we set the year to 2003!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    It could probably be a postcard
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Thats odd... don't remember the Russians having jets in 1945. Maybe they got one of those Buck Rogers models?:D Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Well, who's doing sea?
    Well I got some AS4 Kitchen missiles and some Harpoons, so yeah, I can do them without any problems. Just fire and forget "What did I fire again?"
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Well if I can find one of those Flak 88mm at this forest airstrip...:D :mgw: Peace!:cool:
    Flak 88mm Don't make me laugh, ya can't down me with that, you would be lucky if you even got a shot near my plane. I got training in dodging 50 cal AA rounds from 5 Shilkas at a time, and even dropping a bomb at the same time... ACE, I got a present for ya: Whoops, I dropped some 2000lb bombs, do you have them?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, who's doing sea?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well if I can find one of those Flak 88mm at this forest airstrip...:D :mgw: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Not bad. Now we can see Ace and Sweeper fighting for the best sig.
    He does the ground kills, I do the air kills, there is a diffrence.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Not bad. Now we can see Ace and Sweeper fighting for the best sig.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Her aunt Edit: Back sometime ago, my friends and I played a small game whereby we spell our names backwards and try to pronouce it. For me: Retnuah (ret-nu-ah) For Sweeper: Repeews (re-pee-ews(?)) For Wampyrus: Surypmaw (sir-ripe-maw(?)) The CHALLENGING ONE: LobotomyVctm: Mtcvymotobol (m-t-c-vy-mo-to-bol(?)) Not forgetting: Peril(the easiest): Lirep (lee-rip)
    repeewS, that is me. Wanna see my new ausfx.com sig? Hehehehe Damn Painshop, compacted the image WITHOUT asking me first.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hahahaha! A shotgun turned sniper rifle! This kills me!
    "Lobo you n00b!" or "Lobo's a haxor!"
    "Obol you b00n!" "Obol's a roxah!" Regnar......sounds cool. As in the Ragnarok in Final Fantasy 8.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64590th
    access_time 16y
    Whenever I play CS online people just scream things like "Lobo you n00b!" or "Lobo's a haxor!" etc... So I guess you can just go with obol (ob-ol). Not hard at all. PS: I got accused of hacking today with the m3. That's always a nice feeling. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45341st
    access_time 16y
    I guess I would be Regnar. Not too hard.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    For Lobo try it completely spelling out "victim." and mine should be hard:D For ACE: ECA (as in Mecca but without the M... or e...) ok it sucks...*O.o Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Then, Haunter
    Her aunt Edit: Back sometime ago, my friends and I played a small game whereby we spell our names backwards and try to pronouce it. For me: Retnuah (ret-nu-ah) For Sweeper: Repeews (re-pee-ews(?)) For Wampyrus: Surypmaw (sir-ripe-maw(?)) The CHALLENGING ONE: LobotomyVctm: Mtcvymotobol (m-t-c-vy-mo-to-bol(?)) Not forgetting: Peril(the easiest): Lirep (lee-rip)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter tomato
    Then, Haunter...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm Okay... what about Avtomat Kalashnikov?
    tomato
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Using the words IMI Galil, I can get: I M laGi
    Hmmm Okay... what about Avtomat Kalashnikov?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Using the words IMI Galil, I can get: I M laGi
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter From the way it looks, I think Peril's gun is something to be reckon with......
    I might be wrong but it looks like a Galil to me... IMI Galil or some sick copy. But I don't know Galil's.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53745th
    access_time 16y
    Where can I download that?!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    From the way it looks, I think Peril's gun is something to be reckon with......
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52694th
    access_time 16y
    BTW, about models with the suffix 't', models with more than 2Mb of textures don't compile, so you have to have an arcticorange.mdl, model but no textures, and an arcticoranget.mdl, no model but textures. This also happens very rarely with weapon models, such as a recent M4 with laser + wires + battery, scope, RIS, foregrip and more... :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    access_time 16y
    Okay, I finally figured it out. The level as_oilrig doesn't use articorange.mdl or articoranget.mdl for the helicopter...it uses orange.mdl. All I had to do was rename my articorange to orange and the thing worked perfectly. For the arab model I just spent another 10 minutes online and found the exact same model except named leet. That solves that problem. Whew! Thanks for everything guys!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    No, no. Don't rename it. Both files are different. From my point of view, the arcticoranget.mdl seems to be a modeless file with just the texture.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    access_time 16y
    I do have a model viewer and that's kinda why I'm so confused. The articoranget.mdl doesn't seem to have anything in it but it's 150kb. Very odd. That's why I was wondering if I should try and rename my articorange.mdl to articoranget. Plus, the arab thing made no sense to me because I never played CS when it was around! ;) BTW Thanks for the help guys.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49479th
    access_time 16y
    dude get a model viewer, that way u can take a look at the models and dont replace the wrong ones.... also, u can compare the skinning before replacing
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm....should I simply rename my new articorange.mdl to articoranget.mdl and then put that in too? I replaced the articorange.mdl and absolutely nothing happened. (In case you can't figure it out I just went on a mad downloading spree and ended up with some spiffy in-game model replacements that aren't player or weapons. I've never tried replacing these before, hence the confusion.)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    It's that file. However, if you want to replace it, you must replace both models.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    access_time 16y
    So can I still use it or is the model worthless? And now on another note...WHAT THE HECK IS THAT STUPID HELICOPTER CALLED ON AS_OILRIG?!?! I've been trying to replace that model forever but can't seem to find what it is? It's not articorange.mdl and articoranget.mdl doesn't seem to contain a model. A little help?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58007th
    access_time 16y
    arab was name of the leet a way long time ago... loooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time ago...
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

LobotomyVctm avatar