Way to create ur own increment commands?

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending zialox points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Is there a way to create your own incrementvar commands?

I am aware of how aliasing and incrementvars work. I created this thread to ask a question about a possible advanced function with aliasing. Here's an in depth representation of what I'm asking: I know that with aliasing you can achieve results that in some cases can be achieved with using an incrementvar. For example: A net_graph toggle with alias: alias net neton alias neton "net_graph 1; alias net netoff" alias netoff "net_graph 0; alias net neton" bind "KEY" "net" With incrementvar, you can achieve the same function with this: bind "KEY" "incrementvar net_graph 0 1 1" In this case the incrementvar used with net_graph, which has the values of 0,1,2,3 and 4, with each corresponding to a different state of the net_graph. This is a pre-defined command that is built into the engine, in contrast to the net, neton and netoff aliases which must be created manually. I was wondering if you can create your own incrementvars, as I did with the aliases, each corresponding to a different state of something. I ask this not so much because I have a specific use in mind for it, it just would be good to know for my future adventures in scripting.

• 8y
    EvilGenius666 avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    2,371 points Ranked 1986th
    /bump

I've wondered this too. I forget exactly why, but I needed this for a script I wanted to make a while back.

It would be very useful if it is possible.
    Stabbing your back since '92
  • 8y
    Cryzbl avatar
    Cryzbl Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    817 points Ranked 5753rd
    Impossible since aliases cannot take parameters.
    Scripting TF2. And L4D :D avatar
    Mantra
    Scripting TF2. And L4D :D

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

zialox avatar
zialox Offline