S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC with CryEngine

A Forum Thread for Crysis

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending ap0kalyps3 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Some time ago I discovered a video about the "Oblivion/CryEngine" mod where someone managed to run oblivion on the CryEngine. Now my question, would it be possible to run Stalker on this Engine? If yes, how?

• 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    128 points Ranked 24201st
    7 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
  • 8y
    MITTLE avatar
    MITTLE Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    If they could have ported Stalker to it I would imagine it would be somewhat buggy, but the scenery would be amazing.
    Hardstyle. avatar
    Mantra
    Hardstyle.
  • 8y
    d4rth hijack avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    16,768 points Ranked 255th
    I've seen a few screens of that, but it was just a few stuff ported to the cryengine2 and then put on a flat map. Though there was the rumor that the new Stalker (Call of Prypjat) would be using the Cryengine2/3 (not sure about it, which one was it).

Those screens were the start of the rumor! :P

In my opinion it would look nice but rarely runnable. Maybe it is possilbe though to get the maps imported/rebuild in the Cryengine. But I don't think they would get the whole AI behaving system to work in the Cryengine.
    They would have to rebuild that too, I think.

Besides I think the X-Ray engine is pretty cool.

Edit: Here, I found some Screenshots. Looks like a few guys are working on a Stalker-themed Crysis mod.
    Up on Melancholy Hill...
  • 8y
    GRALL19 avatar
    GRALL19 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    9,098 points Ranked 486th
    In my opinion it would be horrible, Xray got bit more detailed stuff (i think, just some rumor)
    When night falls she cloaks th avatar
    Mantra
    When night falls she cloaks th
  • 8y
    Al.Bundy avatar
    Al.Bundy Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    1,024 points Ranked 4622nd
    Posted by d4rth hijack

I've seen a few screens of that, but it was just a few stuff ported to the cryengine2 and then put on a flat map. Though there was the rumor that the new Stalker (Call of Prypjat) would be using the Cryengine2/3 (not sure about it, which one was it).

In my opinion it would look nice but rarely runnable. Maybe it is possilbe though to get the maps imported/rebuild in the Cryengine. But I don't think they would get the whole AI behaving system to work in the Cryengine.

Edit: Here, I found some Screenshots. Looks like a few guys are working on a Stalker-themed Crysis mod.

pretty sweet screens. too bad i can't read german.
    Polk High!! avatar
    Mantra
    Polk High!!
  • 8y
    ExtraOrdinary avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    8,445 points Ranked 523rd
    Posted by Al.Bundy

Posted by d4rth hijack

That's why Google came up with: Google Translator. ^^
    Proud GTX285 User (02 June 200 avatar
    Mantra
    Proud GTX285 User (02 June 200
  • 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,687 points Ranked 189th
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Porting Oblivion to the CryEngine, you say?
    Lies I tell you.

They might have recreated a part of Cyrodiil but that doesn't mean ported.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 8y
    Alexc26 avatar
    Alexc26 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,167 points Ranked 4059th
    Posted by BrainZ

Lies I tell you.

Well, they made it so Cyrodiil is on the cryengine, theres a video of it, and it looks really good, shame it wasnt gunna be released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_SXc6t5iRg&fmt=18

??? avatar
    Mantra
    ???
  • 8y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 787th
    Posted by ExtraOrdinary

Posted by Al.Bundy

Posted by d4rth hijack

That's why Google came up with: Google Translator. ^^

Google Translator Go ahead and translate "titty" from english to spanish and see how good the google translator is.
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,687 points Ranked 189th
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    Posted by Alexc26

Posted by BrainZ

Lies I tell you.

Well, they made it so Cyrodiil is on the cryengine, theres a video of it, and it looks really good, shame it wasnt gunna be released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_SXc6t5iRg&fmt=18

Nicely done, however, the game mechanics aren't in there, so you can't call it a port.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 8y
    ExtraOrdinary avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by TheGrymoire

Google Translator Go ahead and translate "titty" from english to spanish and see how good the google translator is.

Did I say anything about tits and spanish? no.
    Mantra
  • 8y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 787th
    Posted by ExtraOrdinary

Posted by TheGrymoire

Did I say anything about tits and spanish? no.

Hey jerk, lighten up. If you want to take what I say the wrong way, feel fucking free. Just don't get pissy with the guy who is trying to make you laugh. go ahead and fucking translate it and tell me what it says. Then you can ask me rhetorical questions.

Also, I took the time to fix that sloppy job you did of quoting me. Honestly, how did you manage to fuck that up?
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 8y
    ExtraOrdinary avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by TheGrymoire
    Hey jerk, lighten up. If you want to take what I say the wrong way, feel fucking free. Just don't get pissy with the guy who is trying to make you laugh. go ahead and fucking translate it and tell me what it says. Then you can ask me rhetorical questions.

Also, I took the time to fix that sloppy job you did of quoting me. Honestly, how did you manage to fuck that up?

Well I'm sorry, but it wasen't supposed to piss you off, I was just telling what I didn't wrote about.

and I think google translator is a great translation program. but maybe not for spanish
    Mantra
  • 8y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,531 points Ranked 1015th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Unless they made it on the engine, then it wouldn't happen very easily.

The biggest all-around problem with STALKER in the first place is that it incorporates the A-Life, which the X-Ray engine was made to concise with.

Without the A-Life system, it would be possible to do many things. Including say, coop.
  • 8y
    ap0kalyps3 avatar
    ap0kalyps3 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Thx for the answers so far^^
    I don't have anything against the x-ray engine but it would be awesome if this would work
    and thx for the screenshots^^
    Think different!
  • 8y
    KiLL[a]S_ avatar
    KiLL[a]S_ Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,019 points Ranked 4638th
    All they did was Import Oblivion Models into the Sandbox Editor for CryEngine2/Crysis.. It wouldn't take long at all to get some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Models in there either! :D
    gone.
  • 8y
    KniteWulf avatar
    KniteWulf avatar SYSTEMS OFFLINE
    Member Joined 11y
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    As much as I hated the X-Ray engine (un-optimized piece of shit) it did STALKER quite well. CryEngine can be nicely optimized, can do AI well, but I'm not sure it's compatible with an FPSRPG.
    Chief of Nostalgia avatar
    Mantra
    Chief of Nostalgia
  • 8y
    KiLL[a]S_ avatar
    KiLL[a]S_ Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,019 points Ranked 4638th
    Posted by KniteWulf

As much as I hated the X-Ray engine (un-optimized piece of shit) it did STALKER quite well. CryEngine can be nicely optimized, can do AI well, but I'm not sure it's compatible with an FPSRPG.

You can do almost anything with it's Flowgraph. Making and FPS/RPG for it would be quite easy.. Most of the AI Scripts for both CryEngine 2, and X-Ray use LUA. :D
    gone.
  • 8y
    Tom3dJay avatar
    Tom3dJay Offline
    Noob Industries Flag Affiliation: Noob Industries
    Member Joined 12y
    3,298 points Ranked 1414th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    Tom3dJay Noob Industries Flag
    Noob Industries
    Posted by d4rth hijack

Here, I found some Screenshots.

Looks simillar to Virtual Reality 3 engine from BIS

1, 2, 3

Bananite avatar
    Mantra
    Bananite
  • 8y
    Ghost117 avatar
    Ghost117 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by d4rth hijack

I cant stand the X-ray engine because it ALWAYS crashes on me and supports poor physics, If we get the Cryengine in there we would have a fucking awesome game. Hell I bet you could do anything and if GSC and UBI soft get Crytek in there it could be the biggest game of the century
    Force Answers Force
  • 8y
    d4rth hijack avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    16,768 points Ranked 255th
    Posted by Ghost117

Posted by d4rth hijack

I cant stand the X-ray engine because it ALWAYS crashes on me and supports poor physics, If we get the Cryengine in there we would have a fucking awesome game. Hell I bet you could do anything and if GSC and UBI soft get Crytek in there it could be the biggest game of the century

My Stalker only crashed a few times, before I installed the patches. Besides the X-ray engine runs totally smooth (even Clear Sky) on my pc, but I can totally forget about running the Cryengine2. Don't get me wrong, I think both engines are great, though I like the X-ray engine more, beause it runs much better and has great graphics if you know how to turn them on.
    Up on Melancholy Hill...
  • 8y
    ap0kalyps3 avatar
    ap0kalyps3 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Or we wait for the CryEngine3^^
    Think different!
  • 8y
    The_Salamander avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    422 points Ranked 10137th
    Or we hope they never put it on the cryengine, so everyone gets a decent fps. If they do put it on the cryengine they will lose out on sales.
    War, War never changes. avatar
    Mantra
    War, War never changes.
  • 8y
    AtDEZ avatar
    AtDEZ Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    2,151 points Ranked 2185th
    Posted by Gibez

No one gets your 4chan memes.
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!
    Mantra
  • 8y
    Squiggers avatar
    Squiggers Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,534 points Ranked 3089th
    Posted by The_Salamander

Or we hope they never put it on the cryengine, so everyone gets a decent fps. If they do put it on the cryengine they will lose out on sales.

Hmm, not really. Looking at the specs for Stalker, then at Crysis Wars/Warhead... Well, funnily enough, they're asking for mostly the same thing in regards.

Its more the fact that they had a poorly optimized game, not the engine. Engine =/= Game. Look at the difference between Crysis, and Warhead - massive differences in performance.

Its certainly possible to do, I'll give you that. Look at Petrograd for instance:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/petrograd

Very STALKER-ish.
    With my head full of eyeballs.
  • 8y
    Ghost117 avatar
    Ghost117 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by d4rth hijack

Posted by Ghost117

Posted by d4rth hijack

My Stalker only crashed a few times, before I installed the patches. Besides the X-ray engine runs totally smooth (even Clear Sky) on my pc, but I can totally forget about running the Cryengine2. Don't get me wrong, I think both engines are great, though I like the X-ray engine more, beause it runs much better and has great graphics if you know how to turn them on.

I remember my last computer, It was from the future of some shit like that. It was from late 2004 but It ran crysis maxed out and looked fucking awesome, It never ran vista or DirectX10 but it was still one of the best damn computers i've ever had.
    Force Answers Force

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

ap0kalyps3 avatar
ap0kalyps3 Offline
Member Joined 9y