CSS Stand Alone MOD

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending ATIX points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

You must check out this thread! Needs your attention

Need YOUR Opinion, Would Counter-Strike: Source do better in hands of the community? It has come to my attention that css needs to be Updated, and UPGRADED by it's active community with new game modes such as my 3 suggested flavors; CS:Classic = [ Run N Shoot / Arcade Gameplay ] CS:Advance = [ Extended Content / Technical Gameplay ] and finally CS:Modified = [ Community Mods / Adventure Gameplay gg,zm,dr, etc.] I am the started of CSS XT (counter-strike:source extended) and rumpelbumpel is the creator of CSAS (CounterStrike:AfterSource) which in similarity we strive to upgrade CSS to the next level. But I feel it would be a waste of time just doing an addon, when it could be much more better as A Stand alone mod giving the flexibility to the community by contributing content and releasing it in updates by top members from the community, if we could bring a group of people together interested in a superior counter-strike universe, then JUST Think of the endless possibilities the community can implement easier modifications as it would be a stand alone mod, instead of a restricted mod by a company. I believe it is Time to take the game into our own hands! -What do You think?

• 8y
    damagefilter avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    3,629 points Ranked 1267th
    I think that is quite a good idea.
    Basically almost every mod is a good idea since it is a contribution to the gaming world ;)
    But indeed.
    With such an "OpenSource" Community Mod
    it would be a lot easier to do things and especially to do them free of bugs (I'm talking about major ones aye ^^)
    I personally like the idea of having ZM, GG and all the nice little Mods implented in the base game.
    I like it a lot since it would make things a lot easier.

On the bad side of life:
    (I know I should write the bad things first ^^)
    It would be hard to gather a dedicated team.
    And I mean, you can't just take anyone for such a mod, since it needs to be at least as good as the original game.
    Not to mention the quote of failing mods... it is enormous.

But it is an idea, worth trying to make real, after all.
    My 5 cents ^^
    Cannibal avatar
    Mantra
    Cannibal
  • 8y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,479 points Ranked 1019th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Well, obviously Valve doesn't give a shit about CS:S anymore.

So yeah, CS:S would definitely do better in the hands of the community that actually cares and enjoys the game.

The game needs a numerous amount of fixes that should have been fixed a long time ago, all of these issues are currently the same things that everyone that still plays the game (and those that have avoided the game) have pointed out. Yet Valve doesn't do much about it, they just sit back and think about their next piece.

Valve is starting to dig themselves a hole for their products. They are promising way too much, and not delivering on any of the old. They are working vigorously on TF2 and L4D, but what about CS:S?

So, yeah - that mod should be worked on - and doing it in different segments regarding the player's gaming style is also a great idea as well. It saves players from having to play in a competitive area, but not having to deal with a dumbed down system (unless they choose so).

I support this. :D
  • 8y
    ATIX avatar
    ATIX Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    4,034 points Ranked 1134th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Thanks for your opinion, I'm glad your both positive about it, but just consider the name of this mod for a minute. And what I mean is it wouldn't fail as everyone would know of it such as CS3 *The next counter strike series or more likely Counter-Strike: Aftersource or Counter-Strike:XT etc.(depending on name) in other words CS3 but it would actually be CSS in the orangebox engine (HL2 Episode2, and right now CSS is on HL2 Episode1 engine :P the name would be easily a big hit. For example..
    "Dude come play counter-strike:etc."
    "What's that??"
    "Oh it's like counter-strike 3"

Right now the only problem is gathering the right people for it, starting with a coder or two..
    =[ATIXIUM]| || ||| | || ||| avatar
    Mantra
    =[ATIXIUM]| || ||| | || |||
  • 8y
    damagefilter avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    3,629 points Ranked 1267th
    The Coders are the most important guys ....
    well, at least for this one ^^
    Unfortunately I only have one in my team and he can't be assed with yet another Job xD
    The other right people ... well. This site is full of the right people, it is just the trick to find them ^^

*I hate typos -.-*
    Cannibal avatar
    Mantra
    Cannibal
  • 8y
    I think they should open source it like the quake engine and shit, the community took care of it themselves and they updated it and even made new games from it.

<3 open source...
    asdasdasd
  • 8y
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall avatar Offline
    Half Life Storm Flag Affiliation: Half Life Storm
    Admin Joined 11y
    15,302 points Ranked 275th
    40 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall
    Half Life Storm Flag
    Half Life Storm
    Admin
    Valves already been working on CS:S updates, you should read some more lol. The team working is rather small as they've been giving TF2 and L4D all the love but the updates are still being worked on, we see this everytime the SDK gets some minor updates, all the new code and comments left in the source shows new gametypes being created and extra features.

And as we all know, new gametypes means new maps to show them off.

There are currently two known - and coded - gametypes that you can read about, Heist and Territory control. The first should be interesting as it hasn't really been done before by Valve but the territory control is the same old stuff we've seen in DoD:S for a long long time.

And also some of the new I/O options that are added will be fun to play with on standard gametypes :P

Let Valve do their jobs, more CS clones won't do any good as standard CS:S cannot be replaced, there's too large of a base, you can't compete with that.
    √úberStylers {...} ~/clubs/1947
  • 8y
    X-tr3m3r avatar
    X-tr3m3r Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    55,994 points Ranked 63rd
    19 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • High Altitude Mapping Contest Entrant Medal icon
    Posted by Lost

Valves already been working on CS:S updates, you should read some more lol. The team working is rather small as they've been giving TF2 and L4D all the love but the updates are still being worked on, we see this everytime the SDK gets some minor updates, all the new code and comments left in the source shows new gametypes being created and extra features.

And as we all know, new gametypes means new maps to show them off.

There are currently two known - and coded - gametypes that you can read about, Heist and Territory control. The first should be interesting as it hasn't really been done before by Valve but the territory control is the same old stuff we've seen in DoD:S for a long long time.

And also some of the new I/O options that are added will be fun to play with on standard gametypes :P

Let Valve do their jobs, more CS clones won't do any good as standard CS:S cannot be replaced, there's too large of a base, you can't compete with that.

Totally agree. A CS:S mod would act as the hundred dust2 remakes: failure.
    Mantra
  • 8y
    Dr. Whoop DSc avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    35,274 points Ranked 115th
    Posted by Sebhael
    The game needs a numerous amount of fixes that should have been fixed a long time ago, all of these issues are currently the same things that everyone that still plays the game (and those that have avoided the game) have pointed out. Yet Valve doesn't do much about it, they just sit back and think about their next piece.

They are working vigorously on TF2 and L4D, but what about CS:S?

Valve said these bugs, namely the dodgy hitboxes etc, can't be fixed because of the massive tounement aspect of the game. Changing it now would mess all that up.
  • 8y
    ATIX avatar
    ATIX Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    4,034 points Ranked 1134th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Thinking about it after some research, the source engine is outdated -_- and this is how much Valve cares about CSS
    GABE NEWELL PLAYING WOW

I doubt they will ever continue updating it since they will run into severe multiplayer network related problems
    =[ATIXIUM]| || ||| | || ||| avatar
    Mantra
    =[ATIXIUM]| || ||| | || |||

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

ATIX avatar