Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

cl_ map online

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

can you play counter life map online ?:devil:

Replies

1-50 of 60
Pages
Go to page:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21805th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The things I miss for fun.
    Well, you might need it. Unless you do something about your memory. Playing memory games can help though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20181st
    access_time 16y
    The things I miss for fun.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter A minor coding error. Thanks for reminding me.
    The Bloodshed compiler allows marking out partions of the code and make a "to do" list. That is what you need.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    A minor coding error. Thanks for reminding me.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47679th
    access_time 16y
    Wow awsome! As me and a friend played on cldm_stalkyard, some dude "Dr-ToxiC" joined the game.. :) That was cool, but obviously he wasn't from the CL forum. And damn, he was quite good. Seemed a bit disoriented at first. But then he turned in to this mean CL mayhem machine... It was fun to have an opponent that makes some resistance... ;) I'm thinking of letting the server on... But then... Should I run Death Match or coop maps.. As it is now I run both... The coop match are more for LAN... Or atleast have the operator near at all times... so he can change maps... ;) I think I'll run with only dm maps... [edit> Oh and yea... Haunter, I noticed this when I deployed the Steyr Aug [weapon_aug>: S_LoadSound: Couldn't load: /weapons/deploy.wav Where has that sound went?... Couldn't find it in the CS sound folder either... Except for some other weapons deploy sounds...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Hey Sweeper, wanna join a game of CLDM some evening? Me and a couple of friends play every now and then, and now since I've got CL running in death match so I shouldn't have any problems playing! :) If there's maybe anyone else in the northern Europe that wanna play just drop a line.. :p
    Let's see, Hmmm CL install, HL install... Yeah Its allright, let me know when you are ready...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Hey Sweeper, wanna join a game of CLDM some evening? Me and a couple of friends play every now and then, and now since I've got CL running in death match so I shouldn't have any problems playing! :) If there's maybe anyone else in the northern Europe that wanna play just drop a line.. :p
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hey.............
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter War. War never changes. Indeed. Anyway, I bought two new games. Enter the Matrix and CSI. Both a SWEET! That is why I wasn't here the past four days. Don't worry, though. I will get back to coding as soon as I finish playing as Ghost.
    *Takes the games away from Haunter and puts him to coding and compiler fighting*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    War. War never changes. Indeed. Anyway, I bought two new games. Enter the Matrix and CSI. Both a SWEET! That is why I wasn't here the past four days. Don't worry, though. I will get back to coding as soon as I finish playing as Ghost.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE!? Then why the heck did I wait so long to get VB C++ 6? I could have learned a few more things before that! You could try asking Botman. He's very helpful with newbies. I admit I had pestered him a little too much a long time ago but he is the best person to turn to.
    I did. Not much help, so I guess I am on my own. I am doing the same as you now... I will win this war!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE!? Then why the heck did I wait so long to get VB C++ 6? I could have learned a few more things before that! You could try asking Botman. He's very helpful with newbies. I admit I had pestered him a little too much a long time ago but he is the best person to turn to.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I meant for your compiler.
    Oh now I get it. Well I use this one: Dev C++ from Bloodshed That is the one I use. I got a problem with that, I even tried ripping out the MinGW compiler that came with it and using it separatly however it hated the code. This is really pissing me off.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I meant for your compiler.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter What program are you using, Sweeper?
    I ran CS with the Netgraph on... With the TNT I had many Chokes and Losses as well.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    What program are you using, Sweeper?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Far Q I think it's in = how much data you are recieving out = how much data you are sending to the server I think its in bytes
    I guess it is related to the Graphics card... Before I swapped out the TNT 24 was the max I sent to the card. Once I got the Ti 4600 in the numbers hit 100 and FPS boosted a little. As for the bot coding, well not a problem, I am working on it, still fighting the compiler that wants a .exe instead of .dll.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    234 points Ranked 53657th
    access_time 16y
    And the graph looks like shit.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Whoops. You should have used number 3 instead of 1 because 3 uses numbers while 1 and 2 shows a graph which decreases fps.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    What should I've used then?.. [I used net_graph 1 actually..>
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    There's something like this written in my CS stretegy guide from versus book. Nope. Nothing about those but however, they mentioned something about loss and choke. Unfortunately, Santa used net_graph 3. So I can't tell about his loss and choke. And just because I bought the stretegy guide doesn't mean I'm THAT bad.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I think it's in = how much data you are recieving out = how much data you are sending to the server I think its in bytes
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    I might buy that.. But since it's no problem for anyone else.... I dunno... I don't think my computer is that crappy.... You don't know what those numbers mean then?... Oh, btw, I hardly notice any lag when I run Software mode at 640 res.. But that kinda suck ass... :p Maybe I should try an older driver for my GF card...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I think that the lag in multiplayer may be due to W and P models that are lying around the place (since you can drop weapons, I crashed my server by giving myself AWPs)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Damn... I really don't get this.. That picture is from when I just stand and do nothing... No problems here... Does anyone know what the first number at "in" is? [70 on the pic> Now check this out: At this point the game is almost freezed.. lags as hell.... Those pictures are from when I play as client on my dedicated server... Two of my friend say they have no problems at all... But for me it's just rediculous... And I mean, one of them is playing via lan and one from across town.. And I'm 2 feet away from the server... ;) Win2000, 256ram, GF2mx.. Latest patches on all of those.. I thought of network drivers maybe... But there are no problems except for when I play CL other ways then as listen server..... If I can't solve this within a week I'll just have to try to install XP Pro on both the server and this one.... [edit> As long as I don't fire it works fine..... Using the USP works kinda well... But as soon as I start shoting with an auto rifle, or pretty much anything except for the USP the game slows down... :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Haunter: Is there any possibility that if "mp_allowmonsters" is set to "1" on a server, killing monsters count as frags?..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Hehe... Me and two firends has now enjoyed a couple of games cldm.. :) On the brand new cldm_crossfire [Haunter> :D and the other two..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I always wondered why crossfire gives off hyper lag. Too bad for this. When you run as a client to other servers, means you're joing the game. But if you run as a server to other clients, means you're creating the game.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Damn, me and a friend has been playing online for a couple of hours today.... No problems at all.. It was awsome, especially the last game on cldm_dust2.. There were 2 ppl that tried to join but I guess they didn't have the maps... :( So they dropped... I might drop a line here next time... If any one is interested... somewhere between 4-11 pm, check my local time on the left.. I'm not sure wheter or not I'll run a dedicated server or not... You see I have problems runing as a client to other servers for some strange reason...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Wow! A challange! Any coders here? Sweeper? :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Oh yeah. Well, I'm no bot coder. But I could certainly try. All I need is the combination of the original HPB Bot source and the POD Bot source. Unless of course, one of you would like to volunteer for thisssssssssss...........
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    That's totally fine with me. I like it the way it is [or atleast the way I've made it into... hehe> it was just suggestions that maybe other would like... ;) But what do you say about the bot thing?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I can try the HS icon. As for the money respawning, I have been trying it out for some time. I seemed to have go wrong somewhere. For the menu-when-dead might be a problem. The force respawn command comes to mind. Also you can hold as many as 10 (rough estimation) weapons and if the player were to buy an M4 and later he would want to choose the DE, he would have probably respawned when he quits the menu and get HS by the guy who happens to be beside him. However I have an idea for this. Too late for it now because it will take lots of copying, pasting and fooling around with the SDK.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Could you maybe import the head shot icon as well? It would be a nice addition...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    I've been thinking of CL multiplayer a bit... The way it is now, weapons and ammo are replaced with money, but money doesn't respawn. So at the end you'll be stuck with just pistols. This could be solved by being awarded for kills and respawning money. But buying weapons in death match doesn't fit. Unless you do it like this: No items, weapons, ammo, rechargers. And instread, have the players being rewarded (CS style) with ~$500 per kill and maybe $200 if you die. And then you get to buy weapons from a menu like in CS, but before you spawn, not like in CS where you have 3 seconds to make your buying, I mean it's death match we're talking here ;) . What I've done with my maps is that I've removed healt and armor rechargers and health kits, added some kevlar vests, added weapons. It works really great except for the grenade bug maybe.. But now I've only got one type of grenades so that shouldn't be a problem. :) Just a suggestion. The neatest would be a mode selection in the menus where you chose either "pure death match" or "cs styled death match" :D [edit> And yea, totally forgot... Do you think it would be hard to add the HPB bot to CL? HPB supports both HLDM and cs... So there's code for both... Ehm... I don't know how it works... But it's basicly just HLDM with CS-weapons...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Yep. My shotgun has the reloading speed of the xm1014. My uranium max carry is 240. ARgrenades max carry is 30. Crossbow acts like in MP except can't get the stupid explosive bolt to work. Yep. That's totally me.:D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Very very basic then.. Hehe... I've made a couple of "mods" though... Not anything advanced... Mp5 with no clips, just fire any ammo you have/pick up. Shotgun with regenerating ammo [stole code from hive hand> And a bunch of ROF changes.. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Actually, basic C++ knowledge is what you need to understand the SDK. Advance C++ knowledge is what you need to change the whole SDK.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    I know some basic C++
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter There are lots of plans for CL2. First and foremost thing I must do is to study the SDK for HL2. And of course wait for CS2 to release. But to bring CS2 weapons into HL SP maps would be nice. Old school days are here again.
    Well you might have to get a new graphics card then, but you will use my GeForce4 Ti 4600 to full extent with my little baby on. ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    There are lots of plans for CL2. First and foremost thing I must do is to study the SDK for HL2. And of course wait for CS2 to release. But to bring CS2 weapons into HL SP maps would be nice. Old school days are here again.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Got Win2000 installed... But it didn't help... I have no idea what it can be... Damn I want Half-Life 2 and a new computer....... Haunter: What are your plans for the future?.... Counte-Life 2 ? :p
    OR Counter-Life++ Like I said earlier, if you know C++ you know what that means.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Got Win2000 installed... But it didn't help... I have no idea what it can be... Damn I want Half-Life 2 and a new computer....... Haunter: What are your plans for the future?.... Counte-Life 2 ? :p
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Word. But I use the home edition.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer My computer seem to have sagged together totally... Gonna install win2000 later today I think... Hope things will straighten up a bit..... Crap. :mgw:
    I use XP Pro and I have never had lag in any demanding applications yet
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    My computer seem to have sagged together totally... Gonna install win2000 later today I think... Hope things will straighten up a bit..... Crap. :mgw:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Well... It seems that a correction is needed.. It was obviously my computer that was the reason.... Two of my friends that was playing with me said they didn't experiance any problems.. Though one of them said it lagged a little... But I guess that's just something with his connection cuz the other one said it was like playing single player :p . You see scandisk found some errors on my computer after that, so that's probeably what caused my lag.. And after that, internet broke down on both the CL server and the computer I was playing on.... So I didn't get to see if it was working... I bet we'll play some more tonight. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Ok... I've now tried a couple of CL coop maps online.. Coop is LAN only... It lagged as hell.. Gotta be all the AI stuff that's being sent and so... On LAN it worked just fine.. Sadly.. online play was another story... I wonder how they've solved it on Sven Coop... I haven't playd Sven Coop onlie though... But I dubt it's laggy for other reasons than poor connections...
    100Mbit enough? LOL, I got to use a sweet networking system. Well I guess LAN only is fine for me.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Ok... I've now tried a couple of CL coop maps online.. Coop is LAN only... It lagged as hell.. Gotta be all the AI stuff that's being sent and so... On LAN it worked just fine.. Sadly.. online play was another story... I wonder how they've solved it on Sven Coop... I haven't playd Sven Coop onlie though... But I dubt it's laggy for other reasons than poor connections...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Yea... the 1.5 models if I'm not mistaken... But some animations get wrong... I've seen it when using HEgrenade and AWP... It's wierd though... There shouldn't be any problems...
    If you try to trigger every animation and tell me what you saw instead, I will swap them around inside the .qc file. They are just on the wrong places, like my DoD conversion of the Mp5... No big deal, done with that in 5 minutes, pending on how many animations.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Dank avatar
Dank Joined 17y ago