Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Question for Haunter:

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

In Counter Life, every weapon_ and ammo_ entity has been changed into a stack of money. So... I am assuming that a new code variable "money" has been created. Each of those entities has been given a money stack model and had its properties changed so that upon pickup, it causes "money = (money+250)" code. My coding knowledge is limited to HTML, Pascal and BASIC, so I'm not exactly a guru, but that sounds reasonable. So... would it be possible, say to change the "weapon_mp5" model to use the "p_mp5navy" model, and change its properties so that upon pickup it gives the player a CS MP5 and 30 rounds of 9mm ammo? This allows more integration of CS stuff into Half-Life SP. Also, the same thing could be done with shotguns and Barney Glocks. This means nice things like after the weaponstrip before Residue Processing, you get that handgun at the point in the game where you are supposed to, rather than forcing you to wait for the HEV charger. Any of this sound reasonable? If all weapon_ and ammo_ entities share a "hub" set of properties though, this wouldn't work. But anyway, Haunter... give thoughts!

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21807th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter No wonder the term' royal flush' sounds quite familiar.....
    Ever heard of the royal straight flush? Thats when the pipeline is straight unlike royal flush. I prefer the Straight one, lot easier.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    No wonder the term' royal flush' sounds quite familiar.....
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Haha! Looks like Ranger and I have at least one thing in common. BTW, how goes thee map?
    Hmmm no updates, I reckon it is going the toilet way.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Haha! Looks like Ranger and I have at least one thing in common. BTW, how goes thee map?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45285th
    access_time 16y
    Same for me! I never check my PMs, so use
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    One thing to note. I RARELY check my PM. However, I check my hotmail account almost everyday. So, =>
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Check your PM Haunter..
    He never checks them so that is simple enough.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47670th
    access_time 16y
    Check your PM Haunter..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    I think that's too complicated, Wamp, and detracts too much from the original feel of CL. If we did what you have described, then the buy system would be a rarely-used gimmick rather than a crucial gameplay device. I was thinking that only the thre weapons used by human NPCs (Glock, MP5, and Pumpshotgun) would be pick-up-able. All others would remain money stacks, acquirable only via the buy system. Besides, this means that you can only pick up 9mm ammo and shotgun shells. Everything else must be purchased. Coincidentally, 9mm and shotgun shells are the only ammo types available in Xen, too. Always take an MP5 or Glock to Xen, people! 9mm is in the ammo bags. Anway, yeah, only weapons carried by enemies should become real weapons rather than ammo. This will solve one additional annoying thing; near the end the Black Mesa portion of HalfLife, you encounter a shotgun-wielding scientist who puts down his shotgun. It turns into a money stack when he drops it and that looks gay. This will fix it!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49406th
    access_time 16y
    my set of replaced weapons: crowbar --- knife glock--- usp (new look to it, the burst fire is too much fire power) .357 --- deagle (magnum) mp5 --- mp5 navy (m4 too powerful) shotgun--- m3 crossbow--- scout RPG--- AWP (1 hit with high damage) gauss --- g3sg1 (rapid fire accuracy) gluon --- m249 (spray the target) hornet gun--- mac 10/tmp (weak rapid fire) grenades --- HE mine --- m4a1 (assault rifle) charge --- xm1014 (special shotgun) snark --- glock18 (special handgun) other weapon can be purchased through the menu money is deposited directly into your account when you kill, the menus should me full slots (meaning you can hold all weapons) 3 slot in slot1 for knife, FB and HE 6 slots in slot2 for 6 handguns 2 slots for slot3 for shotguns 5 slots in slot4 for smgs 4 slot in slot5 for ARs 4 slots in slot6 for snipers 1 slot on slot7 for m249
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    (ummm... crowbar is already knife) :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64446th
    access_time 16y
    This is exactly what I suggested before....still have killing enemies give you cash (direct deposit now) and the grunts will either drop an MP5 or an M3 while the barneys will drop a glock. Crowbar becomes knife, maybe have grenades be actual grenades, shotguns M3s, and assault rifles MP5s. I love that idea! Then we don't have to deal with those rather odd cash packets that have the disconcerting tendency to go sliding around on slopes.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Now why didn't I think of it before? Since you will be able to get cash from killing enemies, I could make them to drop weapons instead of the 10 tip. Then, using the money you've got, go to the nearest health station to buy your weapons.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    I wasn't thinking that all weapon pickups should become CS weapons. I was thinking that only a few basic ones (Knife, Glock, Shotgun, MP5 and Grenades) should be real weapon pickups and everything else should remain the same. All other guns (and all ammo) should stay the way they are (as money) and the buy system via chargers should still be enabled!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21175th
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm I don't know how this could work, I guess we'd need a mapping/coding expert but wouldn't it be possible to make a CL.fgd? That way we could map directly for CL instead of vicariously through HL. Then Haunter could add as many weapon and ammo entities as his little heart desires. And I would have a much easier time with mapping everything. Of course the question is would CL still work with standard HL maps then or would they have to be converted? Also Haunter I had a few simple requests. 1.) a new weapon, well not a weapon really but a "holster" option that one could select to put away their weapons. Would help in the aforementioned new map and 2.) having an entity simply for "money", again make my mapping easier for a certain level I want to do where the player robs a bank. I don't know if any of this is feasible but take it under consideration. Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Yep. They do. Some players back then asked for weapon pick ups. Unfortunately, that version never came. CL is coded so that the money replaces the weapons. Sort of a 'link_to_class' thingy. But do consider this: HL = 14 weapons CS = 25 weapons Crowbar would obviously be the SOG knife. Grenades would definitely be HEs. So that means some weapons will not make it to that version. The .357 would be the DE. The glock? Glock 18? What about the USP? 5-7? DUAL BERETTAS!??:( Then the mp5AR would be........mp5? Since there's only one assault rifle in the whole of HL, we can only afford to have one SMG/AR. Crossbow would be.....Scout? Gauss would be AWP for sure. Egon would then be the M249. Of course: Snarks = maybe TMP Tripmine = maybe G3 Satchel = maybe.............Mac10? I don't know. Hornet gun = Aug?
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Ranger avatar