Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Silenced Weapon = Useless!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Is it possible to make it so that silenced USP, silenced M4, and TMP do not alert enemies to your presence? There are areas in CL (cough ON A RAIL cough) where you can sneak up on a group of grunts. But if you pop one of them with the silenced USP they all turn and waste you. We should be able to silently kick ass without the world discovering our presence. :)

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20181st
    access_time 16y
    But for HUMAN players in Counter-Strike, it's a totally different matter. Unless you got ultrasonic hearing better than rabbits.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47679th
    access_time 16y
    I know.. I used to think so... Bah... n/m..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer I thought enemies reacted to certain sounds.... Not the volume of them... :) Awsome.... I wonder if this works if you just change all weapon sounds to silenced... Hum..
    The enemy's hearing is based upon the code, not on the actualy wav sound file.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Only with default weapon models. Like if there is a silencer on the Deagle on the original model, the firing would be softer.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47679th
    access_time 16y
    I thought as well that they didn't work... but I now know that they do... I stood behind a human assasin.. Had an M4A1, supressed... Unloaded a few rounds... She didn't notice a thing... I then removed the supressor... RATTATTATTA... She turns around and starts shooting wildly... Hurray!! SUCCESS!!! The thing with shooting people in a group is that they probeably notice that you pin one of his compadres to the floor... I thought enemies reacted to certain sounds.... Not the volume of them... :) Awsome.... I wonder if this works if you just change all weapon sounds to silenced... Hum.. I may be wrong of course... but try to sneak up to someone and fire a few rounds with a supressed gun... And see if the react...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I have done many tests with the silencer. Some involving shooting the tentacles in Blast Pit.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64462nd
    access_time 16y
    Hmmmm. I don't think I ever tried taking on grunts with a silenced weapon but I definately have fond memories of sneaking around in the dark, massive cargo crates, capping the assassins with my silenced USP so I wouldn't alert the others... That was the highlight of the game for me. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21174th
    access_time 16y
    What are you talking about?! I use silenced weapons on grunts all the time and they don't seem to notice, unless you blanatly jump out and open up on them. Oddly enough it even seems to work with weapons that aren't supposed to be silenced (i.e. my mp5 is a mp5 Navy SD with silenced sounds and it can usually take down enemies without them knowing. Although... I haven't done that in awhile, I could be completely wrong but Im gonna stubbornly stick up to my point anyway! So there! Bitches!:mgw: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    234 points Ranked 53657th
    access_time 16y
    and maybe some day fbs will work. Maybe Haunter could just "borrow" CS: CZ's silenced weapon code when it comes out.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Ranger avatar
The Ranger Joined 17y ago