Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Haunter: Request.

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey.. I wonder if you maybe could make an item "ammo_weapon" or something that you can put on maps that gives you ammo to the weapon you're currently using? Maybe it could use the ammobox model? Cause I have a single player mapping idea going on and it would be neater than having a bunch of weapons lying around.. If it isn't too much to ask... Thanks for a great, superb mod by the way.

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    Hmmmm.....I could go by that if you are holding an AK and run over a 9mmARclip, it would give you 7.62mm rounds. But if you are holding the M4, then the very same clip you run over gives you 5.56mm. Or I could just make that clip gives you both. Because either way, most of you would use the What-ever-assault-rile/AK combination.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21175th
    access_time 16y
    Really? Wow that be perfect for my mod then since I want to add some weapon restrictions. However wouldn't it make sense that: 1.) 9mmclip is pistol ammo (9mm, .45, 5.7) 2.) .357box is magnum ammo (.50 cal, .357) 3.) Buckshot is buckshot (12 gauge) 4.) 9mmARclip is Assault Rifle ammo (5.56, 7.62) 5.) 9mmbox is the M249 (5.56) 6.) Guass box is AWP (.223) just to distinguish it That way we wouldn't need multiple entities and models for every single kind of ammo, just go by group. Depending on the weapon you carry you'd get 1 clip of it for every box you pick up. Im guessing I won't get my hands on the entities til June though...;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Yes, I perfectly understand. That is why I'm coding it for They:Hunger. In They:Hunger, there are no stations so everything has to be collected in your journey. :) The drawback is, not all weapons can be added. :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 16y ago
    392 points Ranked 47670th
    access_time 16y
    Hmm... You must have missunderstood me... I'm making a couple of single player CL maps and.. The intention with them is that you shouldn't cheat... I place all weapons manually, no healt/hev stations avaible.. So no buying.. What I have to do now to distribute ammo is place multiple weapons.. That's not that big of a deal though, until now it works nicely.. But what I asked for was that the ammo box (the green one with 200 9mm bullets as default, I don't think it's accually in the game, but the entitie as well as the model, is there... ) should give you one clip of ammo for the weapon you are currently holding in your hand, the exact same way as if you "buy -> ammo" on one of the health/hev rechargers. I'm not asking for different ammo models or anything.. You see?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Wampyrus' ideas: -you have got to be kidding me. (- -)" Swifty's and santaslayer's idead: - I have coded that kind of stuff for They : Strike. It's being idle for the moment because after I finished with CL Beta 5.5, I'll transfer everything to the T:S source. However, CS has more weapons than HL. So if the ammo boxes models might have to be shared. Like the AWP ammo box model is the same as the AK47 ammo box model.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49406th
    access_time 16y
    ideas: 8 slots menu: 1) knife/melee 2)handguns (6 sub-slots) 3)shotguns (2 sub slots) 4)smgs (5 sub-slots) 5)assault rifles (4 slots) 6)sniper rifles (4 slots) 7)lmg (1 slot) 8)HEs that way all CS guns can fit...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    Hrm... Maybe Haunter could make it so that the money items interchangable with ammo. One mode would be the traditional CL mode where you have the wads of cash only. Another mode could be where you get money and ammo for the gun you have out. However, you can't get ammo from checkpoints. You can only buy weapons, health, and armor from them. Eh.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

santaslayer avatar
santaslayer Joined 16y ago