Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Pen tablet help

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Any tutorials you can recommend me?

Hi there, it's my BIRDAY today, and i got a Wacom Fun Medium Pen Tablet :D I'm currently playing with it, using writing-to-text stuff, and drawing in GIMP. But, since i also got this tablet for art, i would like to ask everyone if they know any good tutorials for Photoshop or Gimp to use with this tablet, you know, to get used to it, and using it for other functions that i would normally not do with my mouse. Also, congratulate me :) thanks! :D PS. How do i configure the buttons in Gimp? (Click one to color menu for example.)
  • Jack112 avatar
    Jack112 Joined 12y ago
    2,197 points Ranked 20503rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    URL to post:
  • je moeder ololol avatar
    je moeder ololol Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Jack112 Link Better link! Happy birthday!
    Ooooh, interesting. thanks :)
    Yeah that's MY guitar. avatar
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
    URL to post:
  • dzaztr avatar
    dzaztr Joined 13y ago
    5,002 points Ranked 1356th
    access_time 11y
    I don't have any links to tutorials for you, but let me just say that these tablets are pretty fun once you get used to them. I have one as well and the only thing I don't like about it is the inability to turn the pressure sensitivity on/off at will. Once you get used to the tablet top representing the same dimentions as your monitor, everything is gravy. Edit: Oh, and congratulations on living another year :D
    Back but not with a vengeance avatar
    Mantra
    Back but not with a vengeance
    URL to post:
  • crysiselite1983 avatar
    crysiselite1983 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear wakaboom, happy birthday to you. (how old are you)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • |iNjUST| avatar
    |iNjUST| Joined 14y ago
    502,891 points Ranked 4th
    access_time 11y
    Just a note: I have the Bamboo (the first one, not the "Fun"). And I use GIMP. There is a bug with GIMP and it's GTK environment running with Windows and the windows tablet drivers. (since GIMP was originally coded for Linux, in which it runs flawlessly). Thus, unless this bug has been fixed (which to my knowledge it has not), you will notice that your cursor will temporarily freeze while using it, and the pressure sensitivities do not work. I don't remember exactly how I corrected this (read through a lot of forums), but I know it involved fixing a single entry in the HexCode, for which you need a hex editor. I just want you to be aware of this bug. If you notice it creating problems for you, I could probably help you fix it. But regardless, happy birthday! And enjoy your tablet! When I first got mine I never used any tutorials, I just started messing around until I got the hang of things. So good luck!
    Not conventional; inventional. avatar
    Mantra
    Not conventional; inventional.
    URL to post:
    access_time 11y
    Posted by |iNjUST| Just a note: I have the Bamboo (the first one, not the "Fun"). And I use GIMP. There is a bug with GIMP and it's GTK environment running with Windows and the windows tablet drivers. (since GIMP was originally coded for Linux, in which it runs flawlessly). Thus, unless this bug has been fixed (which to my knowledge it has not), you will notice that your cursor will temporarily freeze while using it, and the pressure sensitivities do not work. I don't remember exactly how I corrected this (read through a lot of forums), but I know it involved fixing a single entry in the HexCode, for which you need a hex editor. I just want you to be aware of this bug. If you notice it creating problems for you, I could probably help you fix it. But regardless, happy birthday! And enjoy your tablet! When I first got mine I never used any tutorials, I just started messing around until I got the hang of things. So good luck!
    Thanks for the feedback :) My gimp works fine with the tablet at the moment, but if i ever find a problem, i'll consider asking you :) Anyway, just made some drawings, and i keep discovering new ways to do stuff, which is great :D Btw, you know how map the keys on my pen, and the keys on my tablet to things in gimp? such as colors, blur, etc.
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
    URL to post:
  • |iNjUST| avatar
    |iNjUST| Joined 14y ago
    502,891 points Ranked 4th
    access_time 11y
    I'm not sure how to configure the buttons. But there aren't really many anyway. In GIMP, Pressing the pen to the tablet is the same as a left mouse click. Pressing the side-click button closest to the tip is the same as a right click. Holding down the second side-click button on the pen allows you to pan the image. The circular touch pad on the tablet zooms and scrolls. SHIFT+tablet scroll = cycle through brushes SHIFT+tablet UP/DOWN = increase/decrease brush scale ALT+tablet scroll = cycle through gradients ALT+tablet UP/DOWN = increase/decrease opacity There may be others too, and you can probably change these somehow. For the two tablet function buttons, I don't know how to change those for GIMP specifically.
    Not conventional; inventional. avatar
    Mantra
    Not conventional; inventional.
    URL to post:
    access_time 11y
    Posted by |iNjUST| I'm not sure how to configure the buttons. But there aren't really many anyway. In GIMP, Pressing the pen to the tablet is the same as a left mouse click. Pressing the side-click button closest to the tip is the same as a right click. Holding down the second side-click button on the pen allows you to pan the image. The circular touch pad on the tablet zooms and scrolls. SHIFT+tablet scroll = cycle through brushes SHIFT+tablet UP/DOWN = increase/decrease brush scale ALT+tablet scroll = cycle through gradients ALT+tablet UP/DOWN = increase/decrease opacity There may be others too, and you can probably change these somehow. For the two tablet function buttons, I don't know how to change those for GIMP specifically.
    Oh, that's funny, i was already wondering why my brush sizes sometimes changed sizes :) thanks for all the feedback, i'll try getting you 2 exemplary's.
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author