Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

illegal user msg 255

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

ok...I've got no idea what this is but the message "illegal user msg 255" keeps appearing in the consol right after I have connected to a server...it happens ALMOST on every server and after this message has appeared I'm beeing KICKED! :confused: The thing is that this happened when I tried to bind the key H to "+commandmenu", so I do believe that it has something to do with HLamp. (I tried to used Winamp 3c, which by the way did not work)... If you know what I should do, wether it DO has something to do with HLamp or not, PLZ tell me right away! PLZ! Have a nice day!

Replies

• Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    Yknow when i change my name it solves the problem, lol. I make sure i dont use any thing other then letters in my name and everytime i get access again to any server. Someone posted this on CS nation i think, it works like a charm ^_^
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    I've gotten pretty sick of the problem so now I only bother with a group of regular servers, and I'm happy. I stopped having the 255 after the latest VAC module update. CD used to rock when it worked side by side with HLGuard and CSGuard, but now that it basically breaks the rules it was designed to implement, no go. I'm sure that Valve and unitedadmins can protect the valence of the game without a client side frame tracer so sorry for the CD fellows, but it's time to give up. PS: I've got mod cs, and I have to run CD in the background first. If your friend can tell him/her to try uninstalling it, or not running it in the first place. Be sure to read the connection messages when connecting to a server!
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    ive goten those illegal user msg 255 things to. I have the cs retail version and I figured out how it happens to me. I can enter servers without any problems until I run into a server with cheating death. naturally im kicked instantly because I dont have cheating death installed. only after that I wont be able to play on any other servers, I can connect but as soon as I choose skin im kicked and the message of supposed illegal use is showed again. damn :aug: cheating death :sig552: I also know a couple of people who installed CD (cheating death) and they cant go in any servers that dont have CD so its pretty dumb. just try to install CD and play on some servers, if it screws up, then uninstall it and avoid servers with CD by checking in view info...if its even stated in there at all
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i get illegal user msg 255 on almost every server i try to enter, and it displays right after i connect as well... it does seem to go away if i close cs and reopen it, but not always. there doesnt seem to be any common thread with the servers that i try to connect on.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • PrinsFoo avatar
    PrinsFoo Joined 17y ago
    345 points Ranked 49060th
    access_time 16y
    Nope, unless the
    CS Central #2 IP: csc-east.griffinrun.com Port: 27015 Location: New York Live Stats Player Stats (Psychostats) Provided by: GriffinRUN
    wants Cheating-Death. :P
    Leader of the lemmings! avatar
    Mantra
    Leader of the lemmings!
    URL to post:
  • Simon avatar
    Simon Joined 18y ago
    1,156 points Ranked 23172nd
    access_time 16y
    I thought that specific error had to do with trying to get on a server that was running Cheating Death and you not having your client active. Can you check that? Simon
    The Chief (Ret.)
    URL to post:
  • PrinsFoo avatar
    PrinsFoo Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I'm gettin this error 255 now as well. I play on 5 servers and I always get it on the same one. And yeah -- it uses amx. I'll try to see what they change but I found if I quit CS and rejoin I have no problem. It also always dumps me about just after when i choose T or CT.
    Mantra
    Leader of the lemmings!
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    K. I loved cs a year ago, and bought it legally. I lends it to a friend, moves to another place, gets a new internet connection, trades user accounts, eventually decides "lets just reformat". Friend dissapeared, bought it again. Yeah, 2 time buyer of hl, and I cant get it to work on my pc, even though it worked flawlessly a year ago. I have noticed this 255 message especially after entering servers that alter my settings (AMX = HOLY****IWISHYOUWOULDN'TDOTHAT!!!!) Pls SOMEONE! help us!!!
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    I havn't got the retail version and I still don't get a thing? plz help me soon! thx! :confused:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • PrinsFoo avatar
    PrinsFoo Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    +commandmenu is not something HLamp specific. If you have ever played TFC its the thing that lets you build machine guns and the like. It exists in CS naturaly but few use it just because its not that important. (the winamp3 version of HLamp works fine, you jsut have to use the 2xpluginmanager as indicated in the FAQ). At least one other person has had this illegal user whatever, but the page I found it on is in german: see? Basic rundown, he has CS retail, gets your error, no one knows why there either. I'll keep looking tho. Do you use the retail version? Umm... anything else you could possibly have changed? General bits like that are handy. new news: seems other people on this forum just had the same problem pop up: link to thread
    Mantra
    Leader of the lemmings!
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author