Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter Life= Worth Download!??

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

i just heard of CL, is it any good? wats it like? worth da download?

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21807th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Guilmon No, sorry. Must have been someone else.
    Oh well, the guy was passing through CL and the Hardware forum... I pass it sometime, mostly it is light stuff, too easy hardware talk. I take the real ones here: Sorry that I thought it was you.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Leindurstit avatar
    Leindurstit Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72278th
    access_time 16y
    No, sorry. Must have been someone else.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Guillmon, was it you who was waiting for the Graphics card or?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Leindurstit avatar
    Leindurstit Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72278th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by 2pAc i just heard of CL, is it any good? wats it like? worth da download?
    Yes.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Xen is sooooo boring, I love the military base. Nothing beats it, walls are the same, human grunts are there, everything is like a flippin movie...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21175th
    access_time 16y
    ActionHL had a sequence like that for its SP campaign. You started in a vent that eventually leads to that first hallway that connects the Anomalous Materials lab to the transit system stop. You drop through the vent James Bond style, and hear the Security guard talking to Gordon. Suddenly the Guard blasts Gordon with his glock, and tells you the way is clear and to go. And from that point you play in the disguise of Gordon...\ I don't know if that feature is still in ActionHL but you could always try...? Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    234 points Ranked 53645th
    access_time 16y
    It would be fun having a level where you have to knock freeman out, at those barracks things (where your train ride starts in bshift)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64446th
    access_time 16y
    Well of course you as a spy couldn't have Gordon showing up at an inappropriate time, showing there to be two Freemans so our good pal Gordo was...disappeared...*sinister music plays* Actually, I never really thought about it but that makes an incredible amount of sense. Maybe Haunter should script some on-screen text that hashes out that storyline to play at the beginning and one or two other parts. My weapon choices are identical except I don't take the MP5. I really like the Mac 10 :mgw: (actually I have some sort of odd obsession with it) so I take that for any close quarters fights. When I need long range firepower I use my AK or AUG.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    That's actually quite a good storyline, but I have one nagging question: What happened to Gordon himself?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45285th
    access_time 16y
    I find Xen to be a fun challenge with CL. The storyline I use to make sense of it when I play default HL with CL is this: You're a JTF-2 special forces soldier sent in to impersonate Gordon Freeman. You were supposed to be spying, but Freeman was supposed to be working on an experiment but since you are a soldier, not a physicist, you screwed it up and there's hell to pay. I think that fits pretty well. At the Xen part, I think to myself, "This is a one-way trip, as far as I know. Whatever I'm gonna have, I gotta take with me." Then it's a challenge to try to conserve your ammo as you battle your way through Xen. You'll find shotgun shells and 9mm ammo in those bomb bags scattered around, so you'll never be totally empty-handed. And hey, there's always the knife. Remember to always bring an MP5 to Xen! That is the only accurate-at-range weapon you will find ammo for in Xen. There is also ammo for Glock, Elites, TMP, and the shotguns, but those all sucks at a distance. Bring an MP5! I find the best weapon setup for Xen is this: Pistol: USP Shotgun: Pumper SMG: MP5 Rifles: AK, AUG, AWP MG: M249 (hey, what else?)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    I wonder why lots of people disliked Xen. I enjoyed exploring it, even though the sky looked like my grandmothers knitting on my leet rig
    Xen doesn't have health/HEV stations. Actaully, all my excitement screech to a halt when I'm entering in Xen. It's like 'Oh boy.....it's Xen again....'
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I wonder why lots of people disliked Xen. I enjoyed exploring it, even though the sky looked like my grandmothers knitting on my leet rig
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    Answers to the test: 1) b 2) c 3) a
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hey its the mod I have been waiting for... I searched the net far and wide but nothing... Then the answer came in a simple reply on a forum... Bingo I rammed in the door.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21175th
    access_time 16y
    Gwha?! What kinda question is that?! "Ok calm down Ace chill out and give him the quiz..." FINE DAMMIT!:mad: To find out your competency for CL please answer the following multiple choice questions as honestly as possible. Warning: This is only a Test! 1.) When you think of Half-life, your first reaction is: a.) Great Storyline! b.) Awesome Gameplay! c.) mmmmm Female Assassins...Aghhhhhh.... d.) XEN!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 2.) When you think of CS, your first reaction is: a.) Great Storyline?! Who cares I got an AWP! b.) Gameplay? Whats that? c.) mmmmm 1337 Dual Elites... Aghhhhhh..... d.) Bunch of g4y h4x0r0z, camping with AWPs, calling people "hella-stupid!" 3.) Mix em together and...?: a.) Great Game + Better Weapons = Awesomeness! b.) CS weapons - h4x0r0z + dumb easy targets = Awesometastic! c.) mmmmm shooting Female Assassins with 1337 Dual Elites... Aghhhhhhhh.... d.) *test taker has ran off to D/L CL... Sweet... Ok I don't really have a point... Just DL it and find out its not even 2 megs for Christ sake!:mgw: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64446th
    access_time 16y
    Counter-Life is tasty good....mmmmmmmm :jump:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    It sure is. It's only 1.5 megabytes, and adds alot of longevity to CS and HL.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago