Thinking about getting this again.

A Forum Thread for Battlefield 2142

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending _moving_target_ points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

Just need to know a few things...

Ok, it's been a year since my computers sound card fried and my computers video card "blew up" and I'm finally getting a new laptop. I always loved Bf2142 so I was thinking about getting it again. Well my question to you guys is how many people still play this? Is there still a decent amount of servers? Who here still plays? And did EA fix the bugs (yeah, haha, I know but I'm still asking)? Thanks everyone for feedback. Also, if you think I should get another game instead tell me too.

• 9y
    I play it at least a couple of hours every like 3 days depends how I feel.
    What yeh talkin' about willis? avatar
    Mantra
    What yeh talkin' about willis?
  • 9y
    KniteWulf avatar
    KniteWulf avatar SYSTEMS OFFLINE
    Member Joined 11y
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    There's still a ton of servers, a ton of players, and there's been a good amount of updates and bug fixes. You can now save classes, although that may mess up a lot; I'll go into different servers and have random equipment assigned. It's pretty consistent though, so there's not much complaining there from me. They also introduced infantry only in a recent patch along with some new community maps (Wake Island 2142 and another one). They also eliminated Squad Beacon pod-surfing after patch 1.25 :( but you can still attempt it to a lesser extent with Titans and APC pods. There were some hitbox fixes for the gunships so the missiles actually will hit more efficiently now. The Titan glitching has been fixed (RDX jumping to top deck) but there's a new glitch involving the Pilum; I don't know anything about it aside from the fact that it exists.

I'd say you should go for it. Odds are your new computer will run it better than your old one did, and since there's still a huge community for it, it's not like you won't be playing in empty servers. There are still some bugs and glitches, but nothing as serious as it was a year or two ago.
    Chief of Nostalgia avatar
    Mantra
    Chief of Nostalgia
  • 9y
    _moving_target_ avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    357 points Ranked 11789th
    Thanks both of you. And that is great to hear Knite Wulf. I was wondering if they fixed pod surfing. I'm going to get this now.

/thread
    Thank you NUMBER for the aweso avatar
    Mantra
    Thank you NUMBER for the aweso

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

_moving_target_ avatar