Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Quick Question - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Servers!

Hi guys, I recently bought a CS:S GG server. Unfortunately, with 6 people playing out of 12, it was still not getting any other connections. Since then I have had the odd miscellaneous connection, but most of the people playing are invited. I proceeded to ask my provider why this was, and they couldnt give me a definitive answer. I ran CSS and checked for my server in the master list, and it didn't come up, others who tested it had the same problem whilst some managed to see it. Obviously there is a problem with visibilty, so I explored the options which could be affecting it. On a forum, someone says the steam servers "rank" your server, the more popular, the more it gets listed. Is this true? If not, how can I improve the visibility of my server?