Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Phenom II OC'ed to 6.5ghz

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Using liquid helium/Liquid Nitrogen

I came across this somehow, and I thought I'd share it for those who haven't heard about it. They created a new record for 3DSmax. So what do you guys think?
  • gamebrigada avatar
    gamebrigada Joined 14y ago
    210 points Ranked 55495th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Funny how the video is about Phenom processors on a Lanparty DK mobo while those specs are Intel. Those specs are Phenom II DFI Lanparty mobo 790fxb-m2rs (My mobo yay!) 2 gigs ddr2-1066 2x 4870x2's Dragon Cooler At the end of the Vid. They can most likely OC it further on a UT mobo, you need better Bridge cooling, and the light memory OC is too little, I took mine further lol. So they can increase that speed by trying a little harder. The guy that posted those specs is an idiot that can't tell the difference between intel and AmD.
    I lol at life when it sucks. avatar
    Mantra
    I lol at life when it sucks.
    URL to post:
  • Crazypip666 avatar
    Crazypip666 username pic Joined 13y ago
    39,310 points Ranked 106th
    16 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by gamebrigada Funny how the video is about Phenom processors on a Lanparty DK mobo while those specs are Intel. Those specs are Phenom II DFI Lanparty mobo 790fxb-m2rs (My mobo yay!) 2 gigs ddr2-1066 2x 4870x2's Dragon Cooler At the end of the Vid. They can most likely OC it further on a UT mobo, you need better Bridge cooling, and the light memory OC is too little, I took mine further lol. So they can increase that speed by trying a little harder. The guy that posted those specs is an idiot that can't tell the difference between intel and AmD.
    You do realize that there is Lanparty DK board using the 790FX chipset as well as the one using the P35 chipset right? The probably wouldn't have been able to get nearly as far as they did using the UT since it uses the SB600 which would have held them back compared to the SB750 the DK uses. AMD systems really don't see the sort of improvement from overclocking RAM you see when you overclock RAM on an Intel system.
    BAD WOLF avatar
    Mantra
    BAD WOLF
    URL to post:
  • gamebrigada avatar
    gamebrigada Joined 14y ago
    210 points Ranked 55495th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Crazypip666
    Posted by gamebrigada Funny how the video is about Phenom processors on a Lanparty DK mobo while those specs are Intel. Those specs are Phenom II DFI Lanparty mobo 790fxb-m2rs (My mobo yay!) 2 gigs ddr2-1066 2x 4870x2's Dragon Cooler At the end of the Vid. They can most likely OC it further on a UT mobo, you need better Bridge cooling, and the light memory OC is too little, I took mine further lol. So they can increase that speed by trying a little harder. The guy that posted those specs is an idiot that can't tell the difference between intel and AmD.
    You do realize that there is Lanparty DK board using the 790FX chipset as well as the one using the P35 chipset right? The probably wouldn't have been able to get nearly as far as they did using the UT since it uses the SB600 which would have held them back compared to the SB750 the DK uses. AMD systems really don't see the sort of improvement from overclocking RAM you see when you overclock RAM on an Intel system.
    Hmm, the UT series used to be better for overclocking the the DK. I guess that time has ended. You would still see some improvement of overclocking ram further. Still makes me sad that they didn't put any cooling on the bridges. Could have at least put some phasechangers on em.
    I lol at life when it sucks. avatar
    Mantra
    I lol at life when it sucks.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author