Operation: Anchorage Qns

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending skykiller95 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Is the DLC Operation Anchorage going to continue from the ending of FO3? or will it be able to be selected from the main menu or something like that?

• 9y
    LuntiX avatar
    LuntiX avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    2,459 points Ranked 1900th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Yes, you will be able to continue after you finish Fallout 3's main story, hell, you leave the vault then go to Operation Anchorage.
    The Last Man Standing
  • 9y
    SGT.KiLLFAC3 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    142 points Ranked 22246th
    Posted by LuntiX

Yes, you will be able to continue after you finish Fallout 3's main story, hell, you leave the vault then go to Operation Anchorage.

do you know how itll work? like from a terminal (or tranquility lounger) or just selectable from the main menu?
    whazaaap?
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by SGT.KiLLFAC3

Posted by LuntiX

do you know how itll work? like from a terminal (or tranquility lounger) or just selectable from the main menu?

In Oblivion which is based on an older version of the Gamebryo engine which F3 uses you add .esp files that are enabled in the launcher menu under data files. When activated it adds the new locations to the world.
    In Oblivion some mods are automatically trigger a quest after 24 in game hours, not actual hours. Some mods require you to find the location or make NPCs come speak to you when you're in locations you visit very often, like Market District in Oblivion or something. It's the same for F3.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    TheMustacheHero avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    1,671 points Ranked 2792nd
    Posted by BrainZ

Posted by SGT.KiLLFAC3

Posted by LuntiX

In Oblivion which is based on an older version of the Gamebryo engine which F3 uses you add .esp files that are enabled in the launcher menu under data files. When activated it adds the new locations to the world.
    In Oblivion some mods are automatically trigger a quest after 24 in game hours, not actual hours. Some mods require you to find the location or make NPCs come speak to you when you're in locations you visit very often, like Market District in Oblivion or something. It's the same for F3.

QFT, In oblivion you would download the content, then you would spawn in game, get a quest and it would magically appear on your map, the fun part was the content was usually spawned in placed I had never looked before so it wasn't like spawned in the middle of town and you wonder "how'd this get here?" It was more in the middle of the wilderness and made you wonder "Has this been here all along?" That's what I liked about it :P
    Just telling it like it is.
  • 9y
    NeverWasNobody avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,783 points Ranked 775th
    Posted by SGT.KiLLFAC3

Posted by LuntiX

From what I gather it's a simulator, so yeah, a tranquility lounger.
    erased
  • 9y
    LuntiX avatar
    LuntiX avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Nova Silisko

Posted by SGT.KiLLFAC3

Posted by LuntiX

From what I gather it's a simulator, so yeah, a tranquility lounger.

Well, apparently (from a review) it's a teleporter placed in your home.
    The Last Man Standing
  • 9y
    ninjaz1337 avatar
    ninjaz1337 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    445 points Ranked 9545th
    Oh gawd, no! NOT A SIMULATOR PLEASE! Tranquality lane made me feel friggen weak, due to the fact I don't see my real character and that that one little girl (betty if I remember) with a man's voice (not gonna ruin story for those who aren't there yet) can kill you friggen easily if you punch her/him.
    Wait, what do I put here again
  • 9y
    Hitman407 avatar
    Hitman407 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    28,594 points Ranked 151st
    Posted by ninjaz1337

Oh gawd, no! NOT A SIMULATOR PLEASE! Tranquality lane made me feel friggen weak, due to the fact I don't see my real character and that that one little girl (betty if I remember) with a man's voice (not gonna ruin story for those who aren't there yet) can kill you friggen easily if you punch her/him.

That's kinda the point of it.

And yes, I heard that it is a simulation, not a teleporter. I just hope it is a simulation, because it will actually fit in with the story, rather than a teleporter.

The content will appear on the map, you won't have to select anything from the menu to run it, it should be in the game straight away, ready for you to play once you activate the quest.
    Lick my Leaf avatar
    Mantra
    Lick my Leaf
  • 9y
    NeverWasNobody avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,783 points Ranked 775th
    From the fallout wiki:
    In this DLC pack, the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts are trying to acquire advanced military tools, and the only way to enter the vault containing these relics is by completing a military simulation only the player can enter. In the simulation the player fights in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe: the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from invading Red Chinese troops. The simulation is set between June 2076, when the T-51b Power Armor was first introduced, and January 2077, when Chinese forces were completely driven out of Alaska.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Anchorage
    erased
  • 9y
    LuntiX avatar
    LuntiX avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Nova Silisko

From the fallout wiki:
    In this DLC pack, the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts are trying to acquire advanced military tools, and the only way to enter the vault containing these relics is by completing a military simulation only the player can enter. In the simulation the player fights in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe: the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from invading Red Chinese troops. The simulation is set between June 2076, when the T-51b Power Armor was first introduced, and January 2077, when Chinese forces were completely driven out of Alaska.

There we go. I got my info mixed up. You WILL be able to use your current character and followers. You are able to go back and forth too apparently.
    The Last Man Standing
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by LuntiX

Posted by Nova Silisko

From the fallout wiki:

There we go. I got my info mixed up. You WILL be able to use your current character and followers. You are able to go back and forth too apparently.

Just as in Oblivion? :>
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    SGT.KiLLFAC3 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    142 points Ranked 22246th
    Awesome, just came out, right? thats today... yeah...
    whazaaap?
  • 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y

• 9y
    TheMustacheHero avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    1,671 points Ranked 2792nd
    It was OK, I mean you get some good loot, but it made me sad that it was a simulation, wasn't really worth it IMO because it's a one time deal ,but I got some easy gamerscore and new armor :/
    Just telling it like it is.
  • 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Im installing it now

Shareable Image:
    Share banner
    HTML embed code:
    BB embed code:
    Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images