Vault 106?

A Forum Thread for Fallout 3

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending rhino points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

What the fuck is it?

When I´m in Vault 106....there are effects like time-change!!?the light chages, the word/bunker changes....and there are anemies(surviver-voult106) and when the time changes-into years before?...there are everybody friendly!but when I wanna talk with somebody they are amay and the time changes back! what is it? anyone knows a answer? greetings rhino xD

• 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    What? i know about vault 106 and the flashbacks to the past but i have no idea what you are asking
  • 9y
    D3vin avatar
    D3vin Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    310 points Ranked 12926th
    The fuck are you talking about? LOL Someone please rephrase what he is trying to ask.... Well if I remember right, Vault 106 has flashbacks pertaining to the G.E.C.K., you can't even get near them before the Vault turn back into a abandoned death trap.
    Code Geass lover!! avatar
    Mantra
    Code Geass lover!!
  • 9y
    TheMustacheHero avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    1,671 points Ranked 2814th
    I think he wants to talk to Amaya? Whoever that is? but whenever he tries the time change makes it weird?
    Just telling it like it is.
  • 9y
    rhino avatar
    rhino Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    853 points Ranked 5506th
    I´m sorry....my english is bad but....
    ok........
    I only meant: could anyone explain me, what happens/happend in Vault 106?
    I don´t understand this vault....!??
    again i´m sorry!

ps: YES, i was talking to Amaya!anybody wants to say something against it? xDDD*laught*
    AY CARAMBA! avatar
    Mantra
    AY CARAMBA!
  • 9y
    ninjha avatar
    ninjha Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,203 points Ranked 3950th
    I think what he is really trying to say is how to gtfo off the G.E.C.K.
  • 9y
    HitmanHybrid1 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    272 points Ranked 14306th
    Yeah that's pretty cool. I traveled there and explored. Apparently when you enter Vault 106 you get hallucinations+flashbacks. Those people aren't real. There's nothing in the vault except a bobble head. At the exit you fight off people while you hallucinate.
    Gettin all Communist Manifesto avatar
    Mantra
    Gettin all Communist Manifesto
  • 9y
    Demonio avatar
    Demonio Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    7,217 points Ranked 622nd
    You can find a tape or two around the vault. Basically, it says there was a gas leak in the vault that causes people to hallucinate.

I'm talking about the right vault, right?
  • 9y
    ninjha avatar
    ninjha Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    So vault 102 is the one with a G.E.C.K?
  • 9y
    Demonio avatar
    Demonio Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    7,217 points Ranked 622nd
    Posted by Ninjha

If it's the one you get to though Little Lamplight, then yes.
  • 9y
    ninjha avatar
    ninjha Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Demonio

Posted by Ninjha

If it's the one you get to though Little Lamplight, then yes.

No thats vault 87
  • 9y
    ttbdlord avatar
    ttbdlord Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    683 points Ranked 6702nd
    Posted by HitmanHybrid1

Yeah that's pretty cool. I traveled there and explored. Apparently when you enter Vault 106 you get hallucinations+flashbacks. Those people aren't real. There's nothing in the vault except a bobble head. At the exit you fight off people while you hallucinate.

pwnd, lol.
    playing on bad pc`s
  • 9y
    Jub Jub avatar
    Jub Jub Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    26,344 points Ranked 163rd
    The people arent hullcinations. they're insane survivors. you need to get a high lock pick skill to get though the whole place.

fuck i hate that place. creeped me the fuck out.
    War. War never changes. avatar
    Mantra
    War. War never changes.
  • 9y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 789th
    It's a flashback.
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 9y
    Jub Jub avatar
    Jub Jub Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    26,344 points Ranked 163rd
    Posted by TheGrymoire

It's a flashback.

Whoops i meant the hostiles were not hallucinations. they're real.
    War. War never changes. avatar
    Mantra
    War. War never changes.
  • 9y
    HitmanHybrid1 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    272 points Ranked 14306th
    Yeah, but you get to kill them anyway >:D
    Gettin all Communist Manifesto avatar
    Mantra
    Gettin all Communist Manifesto
  • 9y
    Powerthirst avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    I think hes asking when you go down a hallway in vault 106 it was go blue and like 4 Amayas or whatever will run towards and disappear and when you visit the overseer office you will see overseer killing a vault 106 person for you.

He wants to know why it happens.
    God Bless america SHUT UP
  • 9y
    Avarice21 avatar
    Avarice21 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    11,244 points Ranked 379th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    Posted by TheMustacheHero

I think he wants to talk to Amaya? Whoever that is? but whenever he tries the time change makes it weird?

he means amata, but ya you can go back and talk to her in another quest where you go to save your vault (my guy has bad karma so i decided to kill amata and everyone else)
    let freedom ring with a shotgu avatar
    Mantra
    let freedom ring with a shotgu
  • 9y
    KniteWulf avatar
    KniteWulf avatar SYSTEMS OFFLINE
    Member Joined 11y
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    From the Fallout Wiki on Vault 106:

Vault 106 is one of the Vault-Tec Vaults. It is located south-south-east of Arefu and directly south of Kaelyn's Bed & Breakfast. As part of the Vault Experiment, psychoactive drugs were released into the air filtration system 10 days after the door was sealed. Like Vault 101, this Vault is located in the Capital Wasteland and in 2277, it is mostly destroyed and flooded, but filled with Insane Survivors.

A Security terminal near the entrance to the Vault requires a Science of 75 to hack, and contains a security notice from the Overseer. The Overseer's computer requires a Science of 75 to hack, and reveals information about the experiments. Reading these is not necessary to access any area in the Vault.

This is the only Vault used from the Fallout Bible, Fallout Bible 1 to be exact. It has the exact same history and purpose as written in the Fallout Bible.

As part of the Vault Experiment, psychoactive drugs were released into the air filtration system 10 days after the door was sealed. It also seems the drugs are still being pumped through the vault, as evidenced by the player's vision suddenly being shaded blue and reality shifting. Accessing the computer terminals also reveals the Vault 106 Overseer (see also: Overseer) knew the inhabitants would be fodder for drug testing and instructed security personnel to tell those in the vault everything was fine.
    Chief of Nostalgia avatar
    Mantra
    Chief of Nostalgia
  • 9y
    baggard avatar
    baggard Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    I remember this vault, i was like oh shit, is alma somewhere here?
    Insurgency: Modern Infantry Co
  • 9y
    sole21000 avatar
    sole21000 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    2,984 points Ranked 1554th
    Posted by KniteWulf

Vault 106 is one of the Vault-Tec Vaults. It is located south-south-east of Arefu and directly south of Kaelyn's Bed & Breakfast. As part of the Vault Experiment, psychoactive drugs were released into the air filtration system 10 days after the door was sealed. Like Vault 101, this Vault is located in the Capital Wasteland and in 2277, it is mostly destroyed and flooded, but filled with Insane Survivors.

A Security terminal near the entrance to the Vault requires a Science of 75 to hack, and contains a security notice from the Overseer. The Overseer's computer requires a Science of 75 to hack, and reveals information about the experiments. Reading these is not necessary to access any area in the Vault.

This is the only Vault used from the Fallout Bible, Fallout Bible 1 to be exact. It has the exact same history and purpose as written in the Fallout Bible.

As part of the Vault Experiment, psychoactive drugs were released into the air filtration system 10 days after the door was sealed. It also seems the drugs are still being pumped through the vault, as evidenced by the player's vision suddenly being shaded blue and reality shifting. Accessing the computer terminals also reveals the Vault 106 Overseer (see also: Overseer) knew the inhabitants would be fodder for drug testing and instructed security personnel to tell those in the vault everything was fine.

Wow, what a bunch of assholes.

It seems almost every Vault underwent some horrible experiment except for the player's one. (And a certain one from the first game apparently.
    Does not blend
  • 9y
    KniteWulf avatar
    KniteWulf avatar SYSTEMS OFFLINE
    Member Joined 11y
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Posted by sole21000

Posted by KniteWulf

Wow, what a bunch of assholes.

It seems almost every Vault underwent some horrible experiment except for the player's one. (And a certain one from the first game apparently.

Almost all of the Vaults were test vaults; Vault 101 and the Vault in Fallout 1 were no exception. There were a few "control" Vaults, but I forget the exact story. I think some were opened after the normal amount of time, others not.
    Chief of Nostalgia avatar
    Mantra
    Chief of Nostalgia
  • 9y
    sole21000 avatar
    sole21000 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by KniteWulf
    Almost all of the Vaults were test vaults; Vault 101 and the Vault in Fallout 1 were no exception. There were a few "control" Vaults, but I forget the exact story. I think some were opened after the normal amount of time, others not.

Ah yes, I remember now, Vault 101 was suppose to be the "Don't open" vault. You're born in the vault, you die in the vault.

Though yes, I was talking about the "control" vaults. You find one in Fallout 1, no?
    Does not blend
  • 9y
    rhino avatar
    rhino Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    853 points Ranked 5506th
    Thanks guys...you are great!I understand.....because my first reaction of this fashbacks and light and blablabla....was: WOHAA I have a fatal Error? I restarted the game but nothing changes...
    thanks - your rhino! =]
    AY CARAMBA! avatar
    Mantra
    AY CARAMBA!
  • 9y
    hytseraph avatar
    hytseraph Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by sole21000

Posted by KniteWulf

Ah yes, I remember now, Vault 101 was suppose to be the "Don't open" vault. You're born in the vault, you die in the vault.

Though yes, I was talking about the "control" vaults. You find one in Fallout 1, no?

Vault 101's intent according to Vault-Tec was to test and see how people can cope with the fact they will always be stuck in the vault, as part of a psychological experiment for those "Shuttle" missions they tried to do.
    Harbinger of Heaven
  • 9y
    sole21000 avatar
    sole21000 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Ah, thanks for elaborating on that.

Posted by rhino

Thanks guys...you are great!I understand.....because my first reaction of this fashbacks and light and blablabla....was: WOHAA I have a fatal Error? I restarted the game but nothing changes...
    thanks - your rhino! =]

Wouldn't it be awesome if it was like MGS (Psycho Mantis fight of course) and the game made like it crashed back to desktop, had a fatal error, or had the microsoft sam voice telling you that you've been playing too long, or it needs to update?

Or even just in-game stuff, like if you had the radio on Three Dog would start telling you to kill them all, or if you had companions they would disappear and reappear. Or look like they were about to attack you outa the corner of your eye or something. Really there was a lot of room for creativity in that segment.
    Does not blend
  • 9y
    paul avatar
    paul avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,115 points Ranked 4246th
    Posted by KniteWulf

Some vaults never open (101), some where meant to never close (Some vault you can visit in fallout 3 filled with ghouls) and some were meant to be closed, and then reopen to repopulate the world like the one with the Gecks.
    Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe
  • 9y
    SwatMat avatar
    SwatMat Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by paul

Posted by KniteWulf

Some vaults never open (101), some where meant to never close (Some vault you can visit in fallout 3 filled with ghouls) and some were meant to be closed, and then reopen to repopulate the world like the one with the Gecks.

But wasn't vault 101 open for very long time until it got closed and it supposed to be closed forever?
    OMFG = Old Men Flashing Genita avatar
    Mantra
    OMFG = Old Men Flashing Genita
  • 9y
    skacikpl avatar
    skacikpl Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,129 points Ranked 1477th
    Sad thing that after doing the quest with vault 101(that with crazy overseer) you're expelled and it never gets opened again
    Thanks IppE avatar
    Mantra
    Thanks IppE
  • 9y
    S.T.A.R.S Punisher avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    252 points Ranked 15169th
    Posted by skacikpl

Sad thing that after doing the quest with vault 101(that with crazy overseer) you're expelled and it never gets opened again

Um...yes it does. How else would Butch have gotten into the Muddy Rudder in Rivet City? If you put Amata as the new Overseer, she opens the vault, it's just you can't go back in it.
    Blaarrg.
  • 9y
    skacikpl avatar
    skacikpl Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,129 points Ranked 1477th
    Posted by S.T.A.R.S Punisher

Posted by skacikpl

Um...yes it does. How else would Butch have gotten into the Muddy Rudder in Rivet City? If you put Amata as the new Overseer, she opens the vault, it's just you can't go back in it.

i had on mind that quest...you misunderstood me
    Thanks IppE avatar
    Mantra
    Thanks IppE
  • 9y
    paul avatar
    paul avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,115 points Ranked 4246th
    Posted by SwatMat

But wasn't vault 101 open for very long time until it got closed and it supposed to be closed forever?

Naw Vault101's experiment was to NEVER open. EVER. Under ANY circumstances. Of course that didn't go very well.
    Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe
  • 9y
    S.T.A.R.S Punisher avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    252 points Ranked 15169th
    Posted by skacikpl

Posted by S.T.A.R.S Punisher

Posted by skacikpl

i had on mind that quest...you misunderstood me

I think everyone misunderstands you...>_>
    Blaarrg.
  • 9y
    SwatMat avatar
    SwatMat Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by paul

Posted by SwatMat

Naw Vault101's experiment was to NEVER open. EVER. Under ANY circumstances. Of course that didn't go very well.

But I remember how there was so much whining in the vault 101 when I was doing the secret quest where you need to help the vault. I remember someone said there that they're pissed off that the vault used to be open and then was sealed for the safety of the people inside. And they wanted it to be open so they can visit outside too.
    OMFG = Old Men Flashing Genita avatar
    Mantra
    OMFG = Old Men Flashing Genita

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

rhino avatar