Texture mods solution

A Forum Thread for Fallout 3

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Grumly_the_bear points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Works with vista.

Hello gentlemen, I have seen a lot of complaints about texture mods not working with vista or not working at all. Here is a solution , step by step , to solve the problem . 1 : Download the skin and open it the zip. In it , there should be 2 or 3 files - textures - meshes - readme. 2 : Put the textures and meshes in your "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data" folder. 3 : Into the readme, there should have lines , looking like this ; "textures/weapons/2handautomatic/1stpersonassaultrifle01.dds textures/weapons/2handautomatic/1stpersonassaultrifle02.dds" Copy and paste these in your C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\Archiveinvalidation.txt folder. You can add as many of these as you want in the Archiveinvalidation.txt . They will not collide. 4 : There are now 3 files you must open. These are : -Fallout_default.ini In your main Fallout 3 folder. -Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini in your "documents\mygames\fallout3" folder. Open those 3 files , press CTRL+F and type "binvalidateolderfiles = 0" and press next. Once you find the line, replace the 0 by a 1. And then everything should be workful! :) NOTICE THAT IF YOUR .ZIP CONTAINS A .ESP YOU NEED TO LAUNCH IT USING FOMM (timeslip) FOUND HERE : http://timeslip.chorrol.com/fomm.html Put it in your fallout 3 folder and launch it. Simple.

• 9y
    Capartt avatar
    Capartt Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    788 points Ranked 5940th
    Shouldn't this be a tutorial?
    and you dont need fomm for .esp just click on data files in the fallout launch screen it will show all your .esps.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Grumly_the_bear avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    1,003 points Ranked 4769th
    Posted by Skies

Shouldn't this be a tutorial?
    and you dont need fomm for .esp just click on data files in the fallout launch screen it will show all your .esps.

Well nah, it's not really a tuto, just a solution for people having problems.

And FOMM is better than data files because most of the .esps won't collide using it, and you can create your own :)
    I sold my pen0r on ebay. avatar
    Mantra
    I sold my pen0r on ebay.

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

Grumly_the_bear avatar
Member Joined 10y