I think it'd be a good idea to get together a list of the best fallout 3 mods. If you post some good ones, I'll put them into the thread. Give the name of the mod, and a short description.
Armor Disguises Updated
Ultimate Perk Pack - Adds 40 more perks, adds the option of letting you earn perks through gameplay, and optional change of original perks! Very good, voted Mod of the Month on Fallout3Nexus
Wasteland Mercs 2 - the No Child Left Behind edition - Hire your own Mercs! Choose from raiders, children or ghouls!
MTC Wasteland Travellers V2 - Adds more travellers to the game, including thieves, and people who ask to be escorted to a city!
- Ever feel like doing a bit of Hitman stealth manuvering and want to take a stealthy approach
to Fallout 3? This mod gives certain armor special properties that allows you to disguise
yourselfas a member of that faction. This works similarly to how the ghoul mask disguises
you from ghouls. They won't attack you on sight, but if you attack them, the whole crowd
will go off against you. Still, this is great for sneaking around certain bases and whatnot. This works by adding in the player as a member of the aggressive faction.
Free Play after Main Quest
- Allows you to carry on playing after you have finished the main quest, probably one of the best mods out there!
- This package adds a new radio station to your PipBoy3000. This station, IPip Player, plays the music you provide instead of music other people provide for you.
All Races Playable
- Makes most races playable, including Ghoul and Raider. Includes child and old.
Level Cap Increaser
- Allows you to carry on levelling after you reach 20, either increasing the level cap to 30 or 40, or making your level stay at 20, with the extra skill points bonuses. You should use this
if you are going to go above level 20.
Amplified Crippled Effects
- New from Vault-Tec, Amplified Crippled Effects, or ACE, works towards making crippling limbs a very viable thing to do in combat. Cripple an enemies legs, and they slow to a crawl. Cripple the arms, and their aim goes way off. Cripple the head to reduce their aim by half blinding them. Cripple the torso, and their strength and endurance drop sharply, the enemy stumbles when you hit their already broken ribs and pound their guts.
Umpa Animation Beta
- I bet you never thought you could dance in fallout 3!.
, a mod that removes that yellowish tint in your view
Martigen's Mutant Mod -- Increased Spawns
- This is a mod to increase the number of creature and NPC spawns encountered in the game, adding more life and challenge to the Wasteland.
- this mod adds Green trees and Grasses to the Wasteland... its been 200 years Plants should be thriving, took the concept
- Finally, you can lay waste to little lamplight!
- Makes repairs easier, allowing you to use things like scrap metal, and the items from the schematics
- Explosive Entry allows you to bust inside almost any container or door using explosives. This is considered to NOT be a cheat mod and it is balanced to the best of my abilities using your explosives skill, luck stat, and ranks of the "Demolition Expert" perk. Based on your explosive skill you will be able to use a wider variety of ammunition and weapons to break a lock. A player with poor explosive skills may need a mininuke to open a tough lock that a master of explosives could do with a frag grenade or two. Depending on the game settings there is also a chance of the timer malfunctioning or the explosive destroying items inside a container.
- Makes all kinds of fire (Shiskebabs, Flamers and probably Nuka grenades) burn the victims bodies when they die. You can also set fire to bodies that are already dead. The burned bodies will look burned and smoke will rise from them.
FOOK - FallOut Overhall Kit
- Adds many weapons, changes the way they interact. This is a very good mod!
Dtoms Rivet City Apartment
So, any more? I'll update it whenever i get time. If the thread has changed section, it means it is being updated. It's being weird and only letting me choose F3 when I'm on RPG Banana
- Adds a set of rooms in Rivet City that the player can purchase.
The house is sold by Seagrove Holmes in the market for around 5000 caps (Barter Skills affeect price). The apartments contain the usual mod cons for wasteland savy explorers.
Medical Station, Lab, Nuka Cola Machine, Jukebox, Workbench and Bobblehead display.
The apartment consists of a Living Area, Lab, Bedroom, Bathroom, Armory Store and a Work Room
- A small house outside of Megaton, created for the lack of Neo Classical homes and adding a place for those of you who have blown up Megaton.
Big Town Player House
- Adds a house to Big Town, does not have to be bought!
Don't forgot to assess!