2 Ideas

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Alright, which sounds more interesting to you? 1) A canyon based CTF map. Wooden boards come horizontally across the canyon leading into tunnels that lead to more wooden boards. At the bottom is nothing but water with one way up. There is one giant "Bridge" near the bottom of the map that leads directly into the opponents base, but getting across is the challenge. The bases are simple and small, split into 5 stories with only one small hallway that leads to the intel. Despite having little room to maneuver on the outside, the tunnels built within the canyons would be somewhat large and spacious. 2) A cave based map CTF map. The bases are much larger than #1's and have two paths in them to get to the intel. Outside, the map is somewhat bowl shaped, with 3 ways to get across. You have a middle path that allows for quick crossing, but makes you literally the "center piece" and most likely the prime target. Then there are paths that wrap along the cave walls, one path on each side. One leads directly into the base, whilst the other leads just outside it. This map would be much more fast paced than #1, but not fast enough to not give any strategic ideas from popping up. Tell me what y'all think. Thank you.
  • Demonsoul avatar
    Demonsoul Joined 12y ago
    10,834 points Ranked 513rd
    14 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Pretty good ideas, but they're both rather basic and #2 isn't too unique overall. Imho the whole 2 base thing is rather overused. It'd be cooler if it was something like 1 team started deep within the caves, and had to come out using one of 3 paths and break into the building (or the building spawn people sneak into the cave) so it's not so symmetrical and typical. Good ideas, but they're rather mainstream. I like #1, I'd make it if I didn't prefer to map for CS:S, and overall I can't really picture it as a CS:S map. I may make it anyways for counterstrike though, but I doubt it. We'll see.
    Bananite avatar
    Mantra
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Asinies avatar
    Asinies Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by demonsoul1616 Pretty good ideas, but they're both rather basic and #2 isn't too unique overall. Imho the whole 2 base thing is rather overused. It'd be cooler if it was something like 1 team started deep within the caves, and had to come out using one of 3 paths and break into the building (or the building spawn people sneak into the cave) so it's not so symmetrical and typical. Good ideas, but they're rather mainstream. I like #1, I'd make it if I didn't prefer to map for CS:S, and overall I can't really picture it as a CS:S map. I may make it anyways for counterstrike though, but I doubt it. We'll see.
    Well it is a CTF map, so the bases are kinda required ^^; Also, I'm not going for some crazy original idea. I want to try something new while sticking close to the formula.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Infini avatar
    Infini Joined 11y ago
    4,830 points Ranked 1345th
    access_time 11y
    Just to point it out, having only one entrance into the intel for the first map isn't the best. If there is only one entrance, then the team can just sit around and wait, and then they could trap you in if you go in. Most maps seem to attempt to have at least one entrances so that there can be different strategies around the gameplay. If there is only one small hallway and that is the only way to get in and out, you do not need to have any sort of plan to defend it. Just stick a heavy and medic or something like that inside and have a bunch of sentries outside.
    URL to post:
  • owlruler avatar
    owlruler Joined 11y ago
    591 points Ranked 43893rd
    access_time 11y
    Heres an idea, how about having something like a multi-round ctf map. Like dustbowl but with flags. I'm not sure if it could be done but it would be quite cool.
    Silent Sniper avatar
    Mantra
    Silent Sniper
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author