Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

COD2MW officialy announced!

A Forum Thread for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

What would you like to see new in this game?

Hi "MTV Multiplayer reports that during a presentation for advertisers at Microsoft's in-game ad division Massive it was revealed that Activision will be releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the fall of 2009. While the report had no other details, it's likely that Infinity Ward is the developer for the game. They created the franchise and also were the team behind Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007 which was by far the most successful entry in the series. The title seems to suggest that the new game will be a direct sequel to the events in Call of Duty 4. The report also has reveals of other upcoming Activision games which are likely console only titles (including a James Bond themed racing game from Bizarre Creations)." So,i love the idea of a new CODMW but im sure that everybody wants some new stuff in it,like weapons or atachments... I personaly would like to have the posibility of using 2 or 3 atachments at the same time and maybe customizable characters like in RainbowSixVegas and lots of HK weapons... So,what kind of new stuff would you like to see on COD2MW? Thanks. hope that this thread is not a duplication...
  • Scouts avatar
    Scouts Joined 13y ago
    Cooking Expert
    5,044 points Ranked 1362nd
    12 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    access_time 11y
    CoD:MW2 Not COD2MW...
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
    URL to post:
  • Username Required avatar
    Username Required Joined 12y ago
    246 points Ranked 53860th
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Scouts CoD:MW2 Not COD2MW...
    its the same...
    CSS videos for free.
    URL to post:
  • Scouts avatar
    Scouts Joined 13y ago
    Cooking Expert
    5,044 points Ranked 1362nd
    12 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    access_time 11y
    COD2 was a world war 2 game. COD2:MW imply's that it's going to be an expansion or some sort on that game, and not COD4:MW..
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
    URL to post:
  • Capartt avatar
    Capartt Joined 12y ago
    788 points Ranked 42476th
    access_time 11y
    I hope its realsed sooner i was very let down by cod5 i thought it sucked.
    URL to post:
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 630th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Cons: Duplication, already posted. Improvements: Use the search function to look for similar threads before hand. Notes: Disapproved for Dup. Also, it is CoD:MW2
    URL to post:
  • Harpo245 avatar
    Harpo245 Joined 11y ago
    109 points Ranked 67689th
    access_time 11y
    What I want is COD4 to just slow down a little. The game as it is (run 'n' gun, basically) has supported Counter Strike in destroying the hope of having a decent War Simulator a-la Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault. They don't get enough recognition being clouded over by these games, and they are more advanced and require your mind and skill. But it sells, and that's what Activision want. MONEY!
    Coast to coast!
    URL to post:
  • (Empa) avatar
    (Empa) Joined 11y ago
    181 points Ranked 58241st
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Harpo245 What I want is COD4 to just slow down a little. The game as it is (run 'n' gun, basically) has supported Counter Strike in destroying the hope of having a decent War Simulator a-la Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault. They don't get enough recognition being clouded over by these games, and they are more advanced and require your mind and skill. But it sells, and that's what Activision want. MONEY!
    Good point.
    BUCKETHEAD IS GOD.
    URL to post:
  • Avarice21 avatar
    Avarice21 Joined 12y ago
    11,244 points Ranked 530th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Great, another CoD......
    let freedom ring with a shotgu avatar
    Mantra
    let freedom ring with a shotgu
    URL to post:
  • Cyclonety avatar
    Cyclonety username pic Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Harpo245 What I want is COD4 to just slow down a little. The game as it is (run 'n' gun, basically) has supported Counter Strike in destroying the hope of having a decent War Simulator a-la Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault. They don't get enough recognition being clouded over by these games, and they are more advanced and require your mind and skill. But it sells, and that's what Activision want. MONEY!
    Thats the main reason I hated Call of Duty 4.When i got World At War, it was a little slower but than after awhile you realise all it is, is COD4 with new maps,different guns, and couple of new features.
    Another thought of the unaware avatar
    Mantra
    Another thought of the unaware
    URL to post:
  • Jeffers avatar
    Jeffers Joined 13y ago
    45,238 points Ranked 93rd
    access_time 11y
    I'd like to see the series just die.
    :D avatar
    Mantra
    :D
    URL to post:
  • Darthfaceman avatar
    Darthfaceman Joined 13y ago
    18,628 points Ranked 296th
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Cyclonety
    Thats the main reason I hated Call of Duty 4.When i got World At War, it was a little slower but than after awhile you realise all it is, is COD4 with new maps,different guns, and couple of new features.
    wait, there were new features? All I saw was a pile of WW2 themed shit and some random zombies for 3 hours. Also, I liked how run-and gun cod4 was, because thats usually my type of game. I play slower games too, but it all depends on what I want to do when I turn on my PC.
    FML avatar
    Mantra
    FML
    URL to post:
  • Cyclonety avatar
    Cyclonety username pic Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Darthfaceman
    Posted by Cyclonety
    wait, there were new features? All I saw was a pile of WW2 themed shit and some random zombies for 3 hours. Also, I liked how run-and gun cod4 was, because thats usually my type of game. I play slower games too, but it all depends on what I want to do when I turn on my PC.
    Tanks,vehicle perks,usable bayonets,dogs, and some other stuff i cant name.
    Another thought of the unaware avatar
    Mantra
    Another thought of the unaware
    URL to post:
  • Harpo245 avatar
    Harpo245 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Yes, COD1 was a great game (the United Offensive expansion pack Bastogne missions were epic) COD2 was pretty good, after that it went on a slippery slope. I noticed while playing CS:S that I wasn't enjoying myself, constantly getting headshotted by people spending months practicing headshots to be the best, ruining it for people like me, who are tuned for games that are realistic, and want to play just to have some fun and feel immersed. Taking it slow, staying in cover more than out and planning, unlike jumping in and out of rooms and running rampant through the map with an AK aiming for people's heads. If you're in a war, you'll shoot in the enemies general direction, causing them to keep their heads down general. Their head is irrelevant. Also, why is it that you torso takes a clip full of ammo, and your head takes one bullet? The truth is 2 shots anywhere is enough to knock someone down (taking a helmet into account). Basically, players should not be rewarded for shooting peoples heads and killing people, they should be rewarded for contributing to a team effort, and staying alive. Go to tacticalgamer.com, they take games seriously, but you can have fun with them as they communicate. being first decides nothing.
    Coast to coast!
    URL to post:
  • Davey! avatar
    Davey! Joined 12y ago
    2,885 points Ranked 19893rd
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Avarice21 Great, another CoD......
    Wooohoo!! No really.. if a game is good enough, it deserves that many sequels.. (They really aren't sequels either.. so there's no story to follow..)
    I got 99 problems but a bitch  avatar
    Mantra
    I got 99 problems but a bitch
    URL to post:
  • Capartt avatar
    Capartt Joined 12y ago
    788 points Ranked 42476th
    access_time 11y
    It may be unrealistic but its fun i would much rather run-n-gun jump around some close combat and all that than camp or realistic slower combat. But i what your saying it gets annoying when everyone runs around with shotguns or the overway around.
    URL to post:
  • Harpo245 avatar
    Harpo245 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Especially, in full 64 player server, every second there's an airstrike, can't get 5 steps before BOOM. Also, grenade spamming, they can throw them across the map into the spawn, as well as the Grenade attachments.
    Coast to coast!
    URL to post:
  • Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar username pic Joined 13y ago
    9,657 points Ranked 630th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2017 Day Eighteen Winner! Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Davey!
    Wooohoo!! No really.. if a game is good enough, it deserves that many sequels.. (They really aren't sequels either.. so there's no story to follow..)
    Which if you ask me. Infinity Ward does a damn good job on the franchise. I'll even throw a heads up to Treyarch for making WaW not suck even half as hard as I was expecting. CoD, and CoD2 really had nothing special to them. Why? Simple. The story line isn't surprising. As long as they continue to remain either in an modern, or futuristic setting; The window is wide open to keep the game moving greatly. The only problem is, the same thing as always. People who don't know what they are talking about and/or can not think for themselves. Come on. Isn't there not a HUGE gap in-between Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4? I quite believe that there is. CoD4 contained one of the greatest storylines I've ever played that was supposed to be just a generic shooter. IW really sat down and improved gameplay, and pushed to make a great product. IW has the chance to keep that up as well. They can always keep making improvements, and like I've mentioned, now that they are out of their WW2 phase; they have unlimited options on the table for them to choose what they want their story to revolve around and how they want events to unfold. Too say that you want CoD to just fade out, is basically like saying that you want FPS' to just die out as well. Cause it's not like IW ruined the genre by making CoD; it's just very successful. I also don't even see it being cash cowed, which is nice as well. Everything they release they generally attempt to give us something new instead of the previous title in new clothes. I'd rather have a flood of extremely enjoyable games with the same name on them, rather than having a bunch of no name games that aren't even worth $10 in my collection.
    URL to post:
  • Davey! avatar
    Davey! Joined 12y ago
    2,885 points Ranked 19893rd
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Sebhael
    Posted by Davey!
    Which if you ask me. Infinity Ward does a damn good job on the franchise. I'll even throw a heads up to Treyarch for making WaW not suck even half as hard as I was expecting. CoD, and CoD2 really had nothing special to them. Why? Simple. The story line isn't surprising. As long as they continue to remain either in an modern, or futuristic setting; The window is wide open to keep the game moving greatly. The only problem is, the same thing as always. People who don't know what they are talking about and/or can not think for themselves. Come on. Isn't there not a HUGE gap in-between Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4? I quite believe that there is. CoD4 contained one of the greatest storylines I've ever played that was supposed to be just a generic shooter. IW really sat down and improved gameplay, and pushed to make a great product. IW has the chance to keep that up as well. They can always keep making improvements, and like I've mentioned, now that they are out of their WW2 phase; they have unlimited options on the table for them to choose what they want their story to revolve around and how they want events to unfold. Too say that you want CoD to just fade out, is basically like saying that you want FPS' to just die out as well. Cause it's not like IW ruined the genre by making CoD; it's just very successful. I also don't even see it being cash cowed, which is nice as well. Everything they release they generally attempt to give us something new instead of the previous title in new clothes. I'd rather have a flood of extremely enjoyable games with the same name on them, rather than having a bunch of no name games that aren't even worth $10 in my collection.
    I agree.. This needs more than previous games though.... custom characters pleaaaseee!!
    I got 99 problems but a bitch  avatar
    Mantra
    I got 99 problems but a bitch
    URL to post:
  • kitthehacker avatar
    kitthehacker Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Sebhael
    Posted by Davey!
    /thread great post here. The Call of Duty series doesn't deserve to die out until the games within the series stop being so incredibly fun and immersive. And to all of you complaining about the "run and gun" nature of the COD4, if they're not aiming to create an incredibly realistic experience, then don't bitch about the fact that its not incredibly realistic. COD4 was one of the most fun and immersive games I have played in recent times. The gameplay managed to stay fresh, the story kept you on the edge of your seat. Plus the multiplayer was a blast. The game was a vast improvement on the previous games in the series if you ask me, and if the same group of people, who have a reputation for making great games are making a sequel to their best work, why shouldn't we all be rejoicing?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Chasethebase avatar
    Chasethebase Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Harpo245 Especially, in full 64 player server, every second there's an airstrike, can't get 5 steps before BOOM. Also, grenade spamming, they can throw them across the map into the spawn, as well as the Grenade attachments.
    Why I only play in small servers. Makes it more fun, I hate 64 player servers anyway, most of the time they're laggy :/
    Shotgun! avatar
    Mantra
    Shotgun!
    URL to post:
  • Minken avatar
    Minken Joined 13y ago
    access_time 11y
    I'd like to see some source before i start commenting on how i not really like the game. why make more CoD games in the first place? we have played throe all of the big wars of our times. what's next? CoD: 1850? or are they just going to keep making CoD: MW 1-100???
    Mantra
    "You're messing with the wrong
    URL to post:
  • Poxie avatar
    Poxie username pic Joined 13y ago
    access_time 11y
    IW need to take their time and not rush things, unlike like Treyarch have, and really make an in depth, well thought out, fresh and enjoyable shooter, with a powerful story to match. Modern Warfare was excellent, but perhaps got old a tad quick, so things should only get better as they build upon a great foundation. I think gameplay balancing will be key. New weapons would be a nice thing to see as well as a wide array of new attachments. I also think maybe not releasing ALL of the stuff at once and add to it every couple of months. It keeps it fresh and fun, like VALVe have done. Since they made MW they can narrow down the bugs and glitches, story line had better carry on from MW. I'm hoping for larger maps and perhaps a more team orientated style of playing, much like Battlefield or Team Fortress, however comparing to those games is silly.
    Ray-banned avatar
    Mantra
    Ray-banned
    URL to post:
  • Leopold Stotch avatar
    Leopold Stotch Joined 12y ago
    138 points Ranked 62891st
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Username Required lots of HK weapons...
    This.
    Insert witty quote here.
    URL to post:
  • Harpo245 avatar
    Harpo245 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Sebhael Too say that you want CoD to just fade out, is basically like saying that you want FPS' to just die out as well. Cause it's not like IW ruined the genre by making CoD; it's just very successful. I also don't even see it being cash cowed, which is nice as well. Everything they release they generally attempt to give us something new instead of the previous title in new clothes.
    I've never said that it deserves to die, but I just think that the FPS genre needs to step up a notch, you're saying that they give something new in the games, but that's only re-developments of already made content (i.e. and MP5 replacing the Tommy Gun). I have had a lot of fun with the games in the past, and the COD4 story is pretty immersive (while a bit daft at the same time) but the multiplayer never really impressed me. Obviously it's done what it needed to, like a million people play it and keep playing it. All I hope they do is (presuming they are using a new engine) make it a bit more challenging and make it more about the "Modern Warfare" aspect rather than the Rambo taking-on-the-other-team-firing-an-M60-on-the-hip aspect. Also, the whole ranking system just didn't fit in. You get to level 50 (or whatever it is) and you have the best weapons and perks in the game, so you have an option to start prestige mode, and at first you think "Yes, prestige!". What it does, infact, is revert you back to level 1 and you work your way back up again. All it has is different badges. I have no grudge against these kind of FPS', I mean, I play them every now and then. But I just find it unfair that games like Red Orchestra and Armed Assault are put into the same genre, and don't get the popularity they deserve (Red Orchestra is extremely immersive). These games suffer for IW's successful attempt at making a game that sells millions and will keep selling millions. The way I see it, games need to be appreciated for what they are rather than how many awards they've won or how many sales they've received. The games need to be seperated so we can have great communites on both types of game, pleasing both sides. It's a shame a lot of companies are making these run 'n' guns, rather than the tactical games. I'm sure IW will try something new with MW2, they've used the ssame formula for 5 years, they're bound to do something. That's just my opinion, please don't hold it against me :(
    Coast to coast!
    URL to post:
  • Zonno avatar
    Zonno Joined 12y ago
    18,660 points Ranked 295th
    access_time 11y
    I liked Call of Duty 4, but it was mostly the same thing all over again. It's always fun shooting everyone and everything down, but it's boring after a while, it hasn't anything challenging or innovative in it, nothing like puzzles or tactical commands. I mostly play the game on Hardened first and when I completed it, I do it all over again on Veteran and it was always the same thing, keep shooting a extreme bunch of hostiles down and advance later, I find it also very disturbing that there keep coming about hundreds of enemies if you don't advance, I've killed about 100 enemies on the same space and later just about 23 and at the end of the game I feel like I've killed over thousands of enemies, that's a bit much. The game depends just on the shooting too much, not on the thinking, what is also important in games, games like Half-Life and Portal required some good thinking sometimes (Left 4 Dead failed at that point), Also Rainbow Six were you are the leader of your squad and must make desicions, where your tactic will get you killed or works out, those games aren't like repetitive run and gun games, that's why I think that Call Of Duty 6, should require more this kind of gameplay. I liked that Call Of Duty 4 was different, but Call Of Duty:Cold Warfare would have been better I think, shooting around as a Soviet soldier and clearing the White House would be something new at least, anyway, I just hope that they don't do the Middle-Eastern conflict again.
    Leave your radio on during the avatar
    Mantra
    Leave your radio on during the
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Username Required avatar