Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

some crazy ideas

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

im thinking, if we play in large maps like jeepathon2k, then having vehicle with health station on, someone drive the vehicle to gain strong points on the map... e.g: raid stronghold of enermy....... there would be a large grunts spawn at the end of the map... grunts will be placed over the maps, but nearer to the stronghold there will be respawning of grunts going on... e.g: you need to enter the base and take out the communication with C4... my idea is much like having a few points on the map with sandbags as cover for player... and those sandbags are guarded by grunts... you got to kill the grunts (dosent respawn) and gain control of the point.... maybe there are money there where u can use there might be mounted RPGs where the grunts are operating so u need a vehicle to get close... the vehicle is much like the humpbees in BHD, some room for player to hide and take the ride, and a .50 cal MG... a driver to drive... so if there are 4 players, there would be 1 driver, 1 gunner and 2 staying in the vehicle... the MG and driver will be targetted by grunts and shot easily... when the vehicle stops, the players staying in the 'humpbee' can rush out and secure the perimeter... it wont be easy, as there are grunts operating cannons and RPG in the area... they can also be using .50 MGs... once the sandbag/stop point is secured, a button can be used, and the spawn will shift to a more advance point... or teleport will appear at spawn to teleport player to the front ... entity guide: .50 MG (those MG u seen in 'stalkyard' mounted and can be used) im suggesting to mount one on the vehicle (grunts are using them to defend) RPG: those tanks during the surface battle, you got to kill the tank to stop the RPGs... cannon: the tank on surface tension (the map quite simillar to 'hunted' in TFC) it shoots high velocity bomb which hit instantly... meaning u cant dodge the fire... more deadly than RPG... the final strong point of enermy will consist of only grunts with no mounted weaponry... but they will keep spawning, so if you rush in, they can kill you before u empty your M4 or plant the C4... the map will end once the target is bombed or the time runs out .... NOTE: there will only be 1 C4, so if the C4 bearer is killed, the teammates will have to secure it and move on... EDIT: the MG on the vehicle must be accessible by passengers... e.g: roof of the passenger compartment have a hole, and player who stand at the hole can operate the MG... (if you watch BHD u know what i mean) the stations on the vehicle enables player to buy health, armor and weapons, as long as the vehicles go, player will have resource... the vehicle will be much like a life-line for the players

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21804th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter The only way to do that is to get the cl.dll meant for They : Strike.
    I swapped out the Zombie models and now HL is a bit more scary... The zombies from They Hunger... Worked fine, just hearing "hunger..." Across the map is scary enough...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    The only way to do that is to get the cl.dll meant for They : Strike.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21172nd
    access_time 16y
    Silent Hill is great. Theres rumors and theories about everything from the physical location of the game, to the romantic links of characters. Although that comes at the price of not really knowing wtf the game was about unless you really analyze it... I think Ill start work on that idea I talked about, but Im gonna have to retard it a bit since my mapping sucks. Currently Im gonna get reference pics of Baghdad, some ambient sounds like music those crazy muslim annoucements, and work on prefabs and textures when I get time. I got Spring Break in April and classes end in May so Ill have time. Id have to forget about weapon restrictions and holstering, and probably have to lose the voice-overs in favor of text, unless we could find some Iraqi and Russian voice actors in 2 weeks. Even then, Id still need a player modeller... BTW Haunter is it possible in mapping for CL to put in CL weapons instead of the HL ones? For example, to put a USP .45 in the starting room instead of money? I think what Ill do is put weapons in the game at certain points and then restrict money to just enough for ammo. It be really unrealistic to have a M249 totting NSA agent running around Baghdad...:eek: :m249: O and for Darkpoet who I know will say something gay: "Yes there will be fat, balding, old naked men throwing purple rice krispie snack bars at flying pigs carrying ak-47s and AT-Rocket Launchers shooting at Korean Turtleships, while Ex-President Richard Nixon laughs from his hotel room being spanked by Adolf Hitler and Charlie Chaplin. And Snoopy will fly Air support as the Red baron while Woodstock and Denis Learey fire the rear mounted machine gun at passing Ka-50 Hokum gunships and pigeons dressed for Mardi Grah... Retard!:D :m4: :confused:" Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    If I were to become a zombie, I would rather choose to be the Pyramid Head. What REALLY puzzles me is what the heck he was doing to the other two zombies in the apartment. That, is one thing I wouldn't want to find out. There are rumours though.........
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Mmmmm................Meat.
    Has Haunter Silent Hill 2 made him a zombie and therefore removing him from C++ coding?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Mmmmm................Meat.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    184 points Ranked 56999th
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    and then, all the people can take out PP&J sandwiches and throw them at pigs!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Any update on the mapping progress Wampyrus?:confused: Edit: Watching CNN and got an idea for the mafia group in my SP map pack er... idea. Anyway there is a group in Iraq loyal to Saddam called the Jeyadeen (sp?) which aparently is some kind of mob that takes out dissedents and keeps people in line. They looked alot like the Angry mob from Generals... Peace!:cool:
    Got to hate the GLA... Hey where is my Overlord...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Any update on the mapping progress Wampyrus?:confused: Edit: Watching CNN and got an idea for the mafia group in my SP map pack er... idea. Anyway there is a group in Iraq loyal to Saddam called the Jeyadeen (sp?) which aparently is some kind of mob that takes out dissedents and keeps people in line. They looked alot like the Angry mob from Generals... Addendum: Correct Spelling is "Feyadeen" saw it in the paper today. Seems they're causing some distractions for the Coalition... Also The friendly mob that sells you weapons should be either Russian or French. Both countries have been selling weapons there so it makes sense historically. I vote for Russia since they have cooler accents, and won't surrender the second the player brandishes his knife... :-P Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Well you could just say it sucks instead of being so random about it. *O.o Thats my job dammit!:mad: Phillistine...:roll: :D Peace!:cool:
    Setrandom Sv_cheats 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well you could just say it sucks instead of being so random about it. *O.o Thats my job dammit!:mad: Phillistine...:roll: :D Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by DarkPoet and then a ton of naked, fat, old bald men can come out of all the walls screaming "DEATH TO THE DOODIEHEAD!" and then start throwing rice crispies at you
    Hmmmm must spam this post.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    and then a ton of naked, fat, old bald men can come out of all the walls screaming "DEATH TO THE DOODIEHEAD!" and then start throwing rice crispies at you
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Wait are you talking about my idea or Wampyrus? If you mean mine, I guess I can figure out someway to stretch it out but it already seems pretty daunting a task as it is... Alot of features have to be coded in, and models for the civilians, player, republican guard, mafia, etc. have to be created. The creator would have to get convincing voice actors for all the parts as well. It could practically be a whole mod unto itself! Which is why Im giving it away to anyone who could actually do it, I don't have the resources or time for it...*O.o Remember I want to be credited though (well at least if it comes out good!;) ). Peace!:cool:
    I'm talking of Wampyrus' combat mission...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Sweeper What I ment is that it should be a part of bigger story. Maybe a merc going around accepting missions, then this is one ???
    Wait are you talking about my idea or Wampyrus? If you mean mine, I guess I can figure out someway to stretch it out but it already seems pretty daunting a task as it is... Alot of features have to be coded in, and models for the civilians, player, republican guard, mafia, etc. have to be created. The creator would have to get convincing voice actors for all the parts as well. It could practically be a whole mod unto itself! Which is why Im giving it away to anyone who could actually do it, I don't have the resources or time for it...*O.o Remember I want to be credited though (well at least if it comes out good!;) ). Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    What I ment is that it should be a part of bigger story. Maybe a merc going around accepting missions, then this is one ???
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE I was bored watching the history channel last night and got an idea for a single player episode for CL but I hate Worldcraft (a.k.a. Hammer Editor) so Ill just put it up for anyone with decent skillz to tackle. I want a credit though!:D
    I said it would be single player. If it was multiplayer I would have said "the players do this..." etc. I picture it sort of like Deus Ex where sometimes you walk around talking to people and other times your fighting, only without all those rpg type elements (inventory box, levels etc.). As for a BHD game, the creators of the Delta Force games already have one close to release/ out already. The demo was at Vileplanet only a short time ago... Go on with your multiplayer map for now, CL needs at least 1 good coop map already!:mgw: :D Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49390th
    access_time 16y
    sounds pretty good, but that would be nicer if it is a single play game ? cos multiplayer missions tend to be more on the fighting than the stealth thingy... also, that sounds an interesting SP game which might take be days to crack.... but right now i think im concentrating on the Black Hawk Down map... cos it should be more fun if multiple player plays.... also, can consider making a full movie scale BHD game ? e.g: you play as one of the Delta element, and fight your game with some friendly AI deltas
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I was bored watching the history channel last night and got an idea for a single player episode for CL but I hate Worldcraft (a.k.a. Hammer Editor) so Ill just put it up for anyone with decent skillz to tackle. I want a credit though!:D Ok now on the show last night was a documentary of Israeli pilots blowing up Saddams Nuclear Reactor that he bought from the French in 1980-1. So heres how I think it could be converted to CL. The player would be a U.S. CIA/ NSA agent of Iraqi decent placed in Baghdad to monitor Saddam's and Israel's a.k.a the Massoud(sp?) secret services. Word gets to the player via his laptop (would be in his apartment in Baghdad where player starts) that the Israelis are up to something concerning the reactor just outside of town. The player would take his USP .45 then and his kevlar vest (replacement for HEV suit) which he wears under his clothes, and goes out to investigate. The player would wander around the city talking with informants and avoiding the republican guard (grunt replacements w/ak-47s) and some kind of criminal organization. Not sure which mobs are active there so that would have to be researched but they would carry dual elites and mac-10s when you do fight them probably in a bar or some other front business where youd meet informants. At this stage you'd only fight the mafia, since your undercover. Later on after you discover the Israeli's plan your ordered to investigate the reactor and if weapons-grade plutonium is there (it will) blow up the reactor by planting C4 charges (timed satchels). The player would also have to knock out the radar operators non-violently and shut down the systems so the Israeli pilots wouldn't get massacred (IRL the radar operators shut down the radar themselves at dinner time, for which they were summarily executed). Once you blow the core all hell breaks lose, your cover blown etc. etc. At that point youd fight/ sneak past the Republican guard and drive away to an extraction point. Sneaking by would earn you a greater reward since there would be no trace of American influence in the attack, and therefore no International problems. From a Gameplay point, on the streets ammo, armor, etc. can be bought from weapons stands ala Black Hawk Down, or in gun shops run by a mafia organization friendly to you. In the reactor base you can buy weapons and armor from ammo crates and medkits from medical cabinents. Also instead of finding money lying around or picking it up from enemies, the player would get cash from ATM machines each one dispensing a certain finite amount. Since your undercover the weapon limits should be less, say a pistol (USP .45), an smg(Mac-10 or TMP), and 2 rifles (ak-47 & Sg-550) or shotgun (M3 Super 90), one slung over your shoulder by the strap and the other in your hand. The rifles would come much later so they wouldn't affect your appearance. You'd get 2-3 grenades as well. Also you should be able to holster your smaller weapons, the pistol and smg, but not the longer ones. Those would be thrown away if you have to get rid of them. You are trying to blend in after all. Its alot of work Im sure but you gotta admit it be awesome! Well I think so anyway...:confused: :m4: :aug: :m249: :sig552: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Don't you guys see it? It's morse code!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    i think i got some words which can be flashed on the player's screen... (white words flashing and fading on screen) (source: Black Hawk Down Movie) -Based on an actual event -Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato -Years of warfare among rival clans caused famine on a biblical scale -300,000 civilians died of starvation -Mohamed Farrah Aidid, the most powerful of the warlords, rules the capital Mogadishu -He siezes international food shipments at the ports. Hunger is his weapon -The world responds. Behind a force of 20,000 US marines, food is delivered and order is restored -April 1993 -Aidid waits until the Marines withdraw, and then declares war on there maining UN peacekeepers -In June, Aidid's militia ambush and slaughter 24 Pakistani soldiers, and begin targeting American personnel -In late August, American's elite soldiers, Delta Force, Army Rangers and the 160th SOAR are sent to Mogadishu to remove Aidid and restore order -The mission was to take three weeks, but six weeks later Washington was growing impatient -Black Hawk Down EXTRA NOTES: the mission should not be a full scale battle, the city is too big to map... maybe it is to take out the Barara Market (armoury) using C4 or something... Extra words to flash- (by me) -October 3, 3.42pm the Delta Force touch down on target -The Delta elements encountered lots of resistance, two of the Black Hawks was shot down by RPGs -Your mission objective would be to take out the RPG storage in Bakara Market -Due to the heavy militants resistance, there will be no air cover -you need to take out the RPGs before further forces can be deployed
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    i think it should be online game, player against AI... also, some buildings might be enermy spawn... (keep respawning and come to fight) the MG will not work after the grunt operating the MG is taken out ..... it will be players against the whole town, and cooperative mission should be more intense that way...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus here is it, green dots indicates grunts, blue dots are snipers, red patches are buildings/ ruins/ barracks... purple are enermy MG which players could also use
    Ok, I get the pircture, I see a plan of action too. How many men do I get? :D Well now we need to couple it with a good story and redisgn the grunts and it will work. btw, there is a ghillie suit model for CS out there, converted from Ghost Recon.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    here is it, green dots indicates grunts, blue dots are snipers, red patches are buildings/ ruins/ barracks... purple are enermy MG which players could also use
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    hehehe Show me some battle map layout.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    and then, big purple squids can come out of the ground and start strangeling the players!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    a map, basically much like those svencoop maps... it would be BHD themed, and player will try to break through a hostile area.... there will be ruins, and occassionally vehicles with grunts on and operating a .50 cal machinegun... there will also be enermy tanks which shoots RPGs or cannons... there are burning vehicles in the area.... there must be a de_chateau background sound... and there must be 4 to 5 vehicles at player base... and of course money to help players who dont 'money' command..... there must be sandbagging/ fence and barney guarding the area... and also 1 or 2 .50 cal mg to enable player to defend base... the final target must be virtually a fortress, and you cant get in alone, u need teammates to cover fire... the ruins have 'snipers' which is covered and hard to spot... so as a surprise for player... *talking about vehicle... it is much like a truck with those roof behind... and rooms in the behind... a opening on the roof, and a .50 caliber mounted for player to operate... basically the hole must be big enough for a player to stand up to operate the MG... there must be health and armor charger on the truck... (i would suggest on the sides of passenger compartment) the driver seat will be covered by unbreakable glass... (i suggest the front, player need to go in by the side) the sides will be totally open to attack.... you can drive the vehicles around, not like a rail way train... i suggeat 4 to 5 vehicles cos player might drive and crash the vehicle... and you cant retrive it.... *talking about helicopters: i think it is unnecessary for the time being...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Wow, these are all great ideas.... hehe... I'm currently trying to create a basic layout of the map, if and when I finish it, I'll post it somewhere! It might take a while with all those ideas and stuff... I'm starting the enemy structure first, YAY! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked::shocked: :apc:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    i didnt thought of that, that solves the problem of player sniping with AWP from far... the grunts cant spot players from very far, so they will become sitting ducks... maybe with those ruins, and street much like the black hawk down..... and some burning cars to add tension to atmosphere... and sound from de_chateau..... (the machinegun and explosion sound) and occassionally those 'snipers' placed in the ruins... and player get snipped without spotting the grunt... and there might be barneys placed at the player's spawn entrance to prevent grunts from getting into the spawn area... also, consider having friendly apache to cover fire for ground troops.... and i wish there will be fog effect to blur out vision at range... so snipers cant spot enermy so easily... or even make the apache go on a cycle... e.g: land at spawn then go on to cover fire.... that way player can hop on the apache/chopper to provide MG or sniper fire for the ground troops :m4: :aug: :apc: :m249: :sig552: :mgw:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Sounds good but instead of snadbags how bout it be set in a ruined city er something? House to house fighting with vehicles sounds Hot! :m249: :sig552: :sig552: :m249: :apc: :apc: :mgw: :m249: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago