Death Knight Mega Thread

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Niks points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Info about death knights inside :3

This thread is all about death knights,discuss anything about them this thread is also full of info about them :p
Talents Death knight talents are split into 3 categories, each of which is fully capable of supporting either a tanking or DPS role: * Blood: This tree primarily amplifies the death knight's melee spells, weapons, and abilities; and has a prominent health-regeneration theme. * Frost: This tree has many control elements, with a strong critical-strike/bonus-damage theme, as well as several talents that improve physical-damage mitigation. * Unholy: This tree has a heavy focus on diseases and related abilities, as well as improving summoned minions. Also has AoE, spell damage shielding, and mobility-improvement sub-themes. Creation The death knight is the first hero class in World of Warcraft. This is a separate character from other characters and can be created as soon as one of your existing characters on a given server reaches level 55. After making a death knight, you will not lose access to any of your existing characters. The death knight will start at level 55 in Acherus: The Ebon Hold over the Eastern Plaguelands, with multiple spells and abilities ready to use, and a set of uncommon gear. When you leave Ebon Hold, you will have a full set of rare gear ready for Outland. Through the Death-Knight-specific quests in this necropolis and the surrounding areas, the character learns to master the power of the death knight and learns to use this new power for the will of the Lich King. Quests will take them outside the necropolis and into an area within the Scarlet Enclave. Players can create one death knight per realm as long as they have at least one character that is level 55 on the realm they wish to create it on. There are no racial limitations for creating your death knight, but PvP servers are still limited by faction (i.e., if you have an Alliance character on a PvP server, you cannot make a Horde death knight on that PvP server). Rune system The death knight uses a unique rune-based resource system to govern his spells and abilities. There are three rune types: blood, frost, and unholy; each with an attached color and symbol. As they use their abilities, the runes will be exhausted. After a period of time (10 seconds) the runes will refresh. The death knight will be able to use spells to turn a rune into a Death Rune, which can be used as a Blood/Frost/Unholy rune. In addition, whenever the death knight uses a rune ability against a foe, it will build up a certain amount of Runic Power. This Runic Power is only used by few abilities. Certain abilities (such as Dancing Rune Blade) will completely drain all the Runic Power that has been accumulated. The more power stored, the more effective the ability. Most abilities that use Runic Power use a set amount, like Death Coil. Death knights cannot reallocate the number and type of runes - they are fixed to two runes of each type. Runeforging will still be available, but it will only provide permanent weapon enchants. The enchants work just like the permanent weapon enchants provided by Enchanting, but are self-only and are supposed to be better for the death knight than the Enchanting ones. The original player frame for death knights shown at BlizzCon has changed as feedback showed it was not ideal for displaying rune power for players. Character role In general, the death knight can be considered a hybrid class that combines damage dealing and tanking. They will wear plate armor, and be able to dual-wield or use two-handed blade weapons (and maces, as revealed recently). Like Druids, they will tank without shields. Their tanking mechanics will most likely be high armor as indicated by Frost Presence, and by having a high chance to parry. Blizzard has said that their tanking niche will be caster-type enemies. A common assumption among fans is that Hero Classes will be overpowered, however Blizzard has stated on announcing the death knight that they will be of similar strength and value to existing classes. Like other classes they will have their own unique abilities, a few of which can be seen at the death knight abilities article. Death knight abilities
Lore.death knight is the name of a class shared by several organizations of powerful necromancers. These orders share a few things in common, including riding horses with horned skulls for heads and many of the same abilities. The death knights of the Second War were powerful undead necromancers created by Gul'dan to replace the warlocks slaughtered by Orgrim Doomhammer. The first and most prominent of the death knights was Teron Gorefiend. A new order of death knights emerged during the Third War, in service to the Lich King. They were created from living and undead humans (and occasionally other races) who had been granted unholy runeblades, and most were former paladins who had forsaken the Holy Light. Shadows of Justice Orgrim Doomhammer's first act as warchief of the Horde was to crush the orc warlocks of the Shadow Council. He grudgingly spared the council's former master, Gul'dan, in exchange for the warlock's servitude; in turn Gul'dan promised to create a host of powerful new warriors to serve the Horde. After experimenting at length with the souls of the recently slain council members, Gul'dan successfully instilled the spirit of the necrolyte Teron Gorefiend into the corpse of a fallen knight of Stormwind. Thus, the first terrifying death knight was born. Gul'dan transformed his other council members as well, creating a vast legion of unholy warriors whom sowed chaos and fear throughout the land of Azeroth during the Second War. Following Gul'dan's desertion and death, part of the Horde, including the death knights, retreated through the Dark Portal to Draenor. Most of the surviving death knights disappeared after Draenor's destruction, with the exception of Teron Gorefiend, whose restless and embittered form resides now in the Black Temple of Outland. Many of Ner'zhul's original death knights were transformed into Liches by the Burning Legion when they were given a second chance to serve the Demon Lord, Kil'jaeden. Champions of the Lich King Years after the destruction of Draenor, the immensely powerful Lich King created a new breed of death knights: malevolent, rune-wielding warriors of the Scourge. The first and greatest of these was Prince Arthas Menethil, once a mighty paladin of the Silver Hand, who sacrificed his soul to claim the runeblade Frostmourne in a desperate bid to save his people. Unlike Gul'dan's death knights, modern death knights are former heros who pledged their souls to the Lich King in exchange for the promise of immortality. Death knights who fall in battle are soon raised again to continue in their master's service. In the years since Arthas shattered the Frozen Throne and merged with the Lich King, the power and fury of the death knights has only grown. Now these unrelenting crusaders of the damned eagerly await the Lich King's command to unleash their fury on Azeroth once again. The ebon blade The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a faction consisting of the renegade death knights that broke free of the Lich King's control after the battle of Light's Hope Chapel (in other words, player-created death knights). Led by Highlord Darion Mograine, the Knights of the Ebon Blade have allied themselves with the Alliance and the Horde with the help of Highlord Tirion Fordring of the Knights of the Silver Hand, and have pledged to do their part in defeating their former master, the Lich King. Their main base is Acherus: The Ebon Hold, a former scourge necropolis in the Eastern Plaguelands. (It should be noted that the Knights of the Ebon Blade are not a separate player faction such as the Alliance and Horde. For the purposes of gameplay, player-created death knights still belong to either the Alliance or the Horde depending on their race.) Types of Death Knights 1st Generation: Death Knights of the Old Horde A first-generation death knight is essentially the soul, knowledge, memory, and personality of an orc necrolyte or warlock, necromantically bound within the reanimated corpse of a human being. Unlike the Lich King's death knights, these entities retain free will and thus possess the ability to advance their own personal agendas as they please. The corpse may be skeletal or still contain flesh. Many of these death knights were later transformed into Scourge liches, and acted as Scourge spellcasting hero-class units in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Due to the ambiguous choice of words by Blizzard when they wrote their original lore, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that there may be several first generation death knights who still exist in their original form. Blizzard has recently unveiled the whereabouts of one such original death knight, Teron Gorefiend, a malevolent abomination whose restless and embittered form now resides in the Black Temple of Outland. Others are rumored to be connected to Karazhan as well. 2nd Generation: Death Knights of the Scourge A second generation death knight is essentially the immortalized body, soul, knowledge, memory, and personality the hero who pledged their soul to the Lich King. However, these heroes may no longer possess free will and may serve their master for eternity. Though many of these death knights aren't too different from other Scourge minions in that they are reanimated from corpses and forced to serve the Lich King unquestioningly (as is the case with player-created death knights), some may even choose to become death knights under their own free will while still alive (Baron Rivendare is an example of this). In the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King expansion, player-created death knights can revolt against the Lich King and ally themselves with their former factions. A player's free will is restored to them during a Death-Knight-specific quest event involving an epic battle against the legendary paladin, Tirion Fordring, the cleansed Ashbringer, and the forces of the Argent Dawn.
Screenshots.DK Dwarf DK Human DK Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket (more coming soon)
Source If this was already created i'll delete it ^^ Sorry about that wal of text :S

• 9y
    Zoe101 avatar
    Zoe101 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,376 points Ranked 3395th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    To me, the death night is like rape.

if a Ret palli and a Demonology Warlock had a baby.

this DK will be it.

I, dont have the expantion yet.
    yet...

But i heard that DK's are rape, but too cheap.

there like warlocks with there minions, but like times 100

and there attack is like paladins spect'd to ret.
    so either way its rape.

its like a Rogue was spectd to Sub, and then went to Combat and was totally cheap!
    (im doing that right now :P)

So if i were you like your main, keep him.
    maybe lvl up your DK past 70 and see how that goes!
    but keep em.
    try new things, you might like um better than your main.
    It's clearly Bree time baby!! avatar
    Mantra
    It's clearly Bree time baby!!
  • 9y
    peepin avatar
    peepin Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,071 points Ranked 4357th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Mages are AWESOME man what have you been smoking!?

Anyways level your Death Knight because Northrend is kinda packed (well for my realm)

Some back ground info you need a level 55 and race and class to CONVERT him/her into a DK. So level your DK to 70 then check out Northrend (most likely it won't be that packed) and continue leveling your DK..

(What I'm planing on doing letting my mage stay 70. Find out what *Marks* I need for the level 80 PvP gear (Get the *Marks*/Honor) then level my mage.) Yeah I forgot to make a level 55 Undead.

EDIT: My bad late post..
    Pinapplezz avatar
    Mantra
    Pinapplezz
  • 9y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 773rd
    Erm, Stopping Power, Bandolier and Last Stand?

on topic: sounds interesting, but I have no idea what to say!

Edit: Stick with what you got :3
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 9y
    HandKeRiC32 avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    1,810 points Ranked 2597th
    Posted by peepin

Mages are AWESOME man what have you been smoking!?

Anyways level your Death Knight because Northrend is kinda packed (well for my realm)

Some back ground info you need a level 55 and race and class to CONVERT him/her into a DK. So level your DK to 70 then check out Northrend (most likely it won't be that packed) and continue leveling your DK..

(What I'm planing on doing letting my mage stay 70. Find out what *Marks* I need for the level 80 PvP gear (Get the *Marks*/Honor) then level my mage.) Yeah I forgot to make a level 55 Undead.

EDIT: My bad late post..

You don't convert a previous character to a death knight. It's a whole new one.
    Rest in peace Trev avatar
    Mantra
    Rest in peace Trev
  • 9y
    Wossname avatar
    Wossname Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    13,767 points Ranked 313rd
    I watched a friend play DeathKnight (troll blood spec) this weekend. The class is total rape in both PVE and PVP - he was taking elites toe-to-toe 1-2 levels above him easily. And people in PVP just didn't know how to deal (yet) with the DK's range of abilities.

In its current state, DK is not just a "push button to win" class - it's a "roll your face on the keyboard to win" class. It really is that crazy at the moment. Sure, in PVP there will be counters, but not many people have figured them out yet.

I say take advantage of the OP abilities and few people who know how to counter a DK and have fun in arena and BGs for a while.
      Plays a medic on TV. avatar
    Mantra
      Plays a medic on TV.
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    294 points Ranked 13232nd
    I think i'm going to lvl my DK
    I did some BG's,world pvp and it is...awesome :D

Pve is quite ok i guess :)
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bump,

since i already know what class i'm going to lvl i made this into a death knight thread :D
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Erikk avatar
    Erikk avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    739 points Ranked 6124th
    DK's are only good 1v1, and they cant take warriors period.
    i smash them so nasty.
    me and my rogue friend took a 78 druid and 73 DK
    were both 72, full merc
    <33
    but yea DK's are fun but not as OP as people think.
    their pro at tanking tho
    ooga booga!
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    I went unholy last night...figured it was more of a PvE spec

Since blood gives GREAT survivability

And yes...i dont do that great in 1vs2/3 fights....although with blood i'll be able to take a few of them down
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bumpz :p

Will take screenshots of my DK when the servers are up
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Intelevend avatar
    Intelevend Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,338 points Ranked 1054th
    Dks are overpowered to hell, took on Hellfire ramps with 5 Dks, no healers fucking rape lol...
    Buy me ripe! paying 4k PM ME!! avatar
    Mantra
    Buy me ripe! paying 4k PM ME!!
  • 9y
    Kinn avatar
    Kinn Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,791 points Ranked 2624th
    Posted by Intelevend

Dks are overpowered to hell, took on Hellfire ramps with 5 Dks, no healers fucking rape lol...

It's not like that in Northrend at all.

I, myself, am a Frost DK. I tank.

The good DKs will be the ones who play off their diseases and abilities for massive combos and damage.

The bad ones will be the ones who face roll. DPS meters really show who is doing their job.
    In ur submission, ratin ur stu avatar
    Mantra
    In ur submission, ratin ur stu
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Kinn

Posted by Intelevend

It's not like that in Northrend at all.

I, myself, am a Frost DK. I tank.

The good DKs will be the ones who play off their diseases and abilities for massive combos and damage.

The bad ones will be the ones who face roll. DPS meters really show who is doing their job.

Just a quick question :p
    How is DK tanking like?
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Kinn avatar
    Kinn Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,791 points Ranked 2624th
    DK tanking is an odd mix of pally and bear tanking.

Your primary mitigation is bear-based, this being avoidance. Dodge and parry are your friends.

Your primary tank style is AOE based, second only to paladins.
    In ur submission, ratin ur stu avatar
    Mantra
    In ur submission, ratin ur stu
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    My friend reccomended a blood spec without mark of blood,improved rune tap

I tried it...and oh my god it sucks! the entire aspect of surviving is gone ffs!

EDIT:FUCK! i forgot to add the screenshots i took :(
    (Cant post them now because Wow is currently patching on my mac)
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    +Jump avatar
    +Jump Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    143 points Ranked 22150th
    Dks are overpowerd while leveling but it will be evened out when 80 thats my 2 cents :P
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Imo it is already balanced

except for clothies
    i CRUSH clothies....
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bump

Added more random screenshots!
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    +Jump avatar
    +Jump Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    143 points Ranked 22150th
    I hate the Deathknight flying mount it looks like a flying bucket of half eaten KFC
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Mxmlln avatar
    Mxmlln Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    39,663 points Ranked 103rd
    Whats the wall of text all about :O
    I'm sure it could be shortened or something.

Also resize some of the pictures, they are a little over sized.
    Inactive
  • 9y
    paper_tigers avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    36,486 points Ranked 112th
    Deathknights are so OP/..
    Gotta Be Somebody's Blues avatar
    Mantra
    Gotta Be Somebody's Blues
  • 9y
    markslo1 avatar
    markslo1 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,787 points Ranked 2629th
    I already have a level 71 DK, Human. Only humans are the original Death Knights.
    OPEN UP YOUR HEARTS PEOPLE! avatar
    Mantra
    OPEN UP YOUR HEARTS PEOPLE!
  • 9y
    Niks avatar
    Niks Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by markslo1

I already have a level 71 DK, Human. Only humans are the original Death Knights.

I have a human too :) (foxtails ftw!)

Currently lvl 64
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH avatar
    Mantra
    GEUUUAAAAAARGH
  • 9y
    TheMustacheHero avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    1,671 points Ranked 2793rd
    Can't we just, you know, get a link to the wiki
    Just telling it like it is.
  • 9y