The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

How to make a monster run some path?

A Forum Thread for Half-Life

Monster_human_grunt's should run through some path points. HowTo?

Have some problems while modmaking. I want some group of monster_human_grunt (or also other monsters) after trigger run from one point to another throught some path points. What I tried to do: 1. = pc1 (1st path_corner in chain) - don't work, monster stand still. 2. (Spirit of Half Life) Behind the wall there are 3 monstermaker's, every makes only 1 monster_human_grunt simultaneously, setting it a netname (Name of Spawned Monsters) to hgr1,hgr2 & hgr3. As I understood soon, while first have a name, second made monster is unnamed until first one will die. I put 3 trigger_startpatrol (SoHL), that makes every of hgr 1,2,3 to run to the first path_corner in chain. Put also a multi_manager, that starts trigger_startpatrol's. After trigger_multiple multi_manager starts, only first hgr1 runs. After it will die, activating of trigger_multiple will make the second one to run... 3. Made 6 monster_human_grunt's on map and one trigger_startpatrol, that makes first of them (named hgr1) to run, other are unnamed. I turned on it's squad leader flag and set other hgrunts' parameter "squad leader" to hgr1. First one walks from one path_corner to other and stops on the 3rd one, another hgrunts stands still. When 1st is attacked, some of them run (not to path_corner, but closest way to me) and attack me. BUT I need they to run exactly by the path, maybe shooting enemys. What should I do? Maybe some examples, who made it? Sorry for my bad English.

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

VVS777 avatar
VVS777 Joined 11y ago
376 points Ranked 11614th

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

• 1 Posts
  • 9y Submitted

Greetings! Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Resistance is futile... Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login tracking pixel