How to make a monster run some path?

A Forum Thread for Half-Life

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending VVS777 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Monster_human_grunt's should run through some path points. HowTo?

Have some problems while modmaking. I want some group of monster_human_grunt (or also other monsters) after trigger run from one point to another throught some path points. What I tried to do: 1. monster_human_grunt.target = pc1 (1st path_corner in chain) - don't work, monster stand still. 2. (Spirit of Half Life) Behind the wall there are 3 monstermaker's, every makes only 1 monster_human_grunt simultaneously, setting it a netname (Name of Spawned Monsters) to hgr1,hgr2 & hgr3. As I understood soon, while first have a name, second made monster is unnamed until first one will die. I put 3 trigger_startpatrol (SoHL), that makes every of hgr 1,2,3 to run to the first path_corner in chain. Put also a multi_manager, that starts trigger_startpatrol's. After trigger_multiple multi_manager starts, only first hgr1 runs. After it will die, activating of trigger_multiple will make the second one to run... 3. Made 6 monster_human_grunt's on map and one trigger_startpatrol, that makes first of them (named hgr1) to run, other are unnamed. I turned on it's squad leader flag and set other hgrunts' parameter "squad leader" to hgr1. First one walks from one path_corner to other and stops on the 3rd one, another hgrunts stands still. When 1st is attacked, some of them run (not to path_corner, but closest way to me) and attack me. BUT I need they to run exactly by the path, maybe shooting enemys. What should I do? Maybe some examples, who made it? Sorry for my bad English.

• 9y
    4N!M4T0R avatar
    4N!M4T0R Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Good tutorial. :) http://twhl.co.za/tutorial.php?id=53
    From ashes to ashes, dust to d avatar
    Mantra
    From ashes to ashes, dust to d

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code: