Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

New monsters ?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

haunter do you consider coding new monsters ? like monsters with AK47 ? or monster with RPG ? cos playing with the same monsters after a while makes you feel boring... also, i would like to fight in a game with 'Black Hawk Down theme' like a delta with m4, and a whole map with lots of AK47 terrorists... as well as terrorists with RPG to shoot down chopper... maybe playing as one of the character in BHD, like the M249 gunner or Black Hawk pilot... or just another delta with the M4

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21812th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by BigHeadCrab This also requires an idiot like me, If you find a modeller I may* waste my time(a loong time) decompile-getthedamnxyznumbers-riptheentity-Placebrandnewmonsters. So you will need to someone import the entities and upload the new maps. And some more idiots to download :p *Possible but has a possibility of being forgotten. Icq 163207968 However replacing them could be a lot easier and better. I'm personally fed up with grunt that use spas12 and Mp5(m16orM4 whatever it is). I'd better like to see with OCIW or Sg551(yes it is not a sniper rifle) for Mp5(m16) Grunts and p90 for shotgun grunts. And if something to be added Sniper Grunts(HBRT or M4 with a telescope) and Heavy Weapon Grunts(chain gun of course, or Mini Mi).
    Not a problem at all, If my MS3D would work...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21180th
    access_time 17y
    1.) OICW nice!:D 2.) Shotgun grunts: how bout being really evil and handing out XM1014's...:devil: 3.) Sniper grunts: There are Black Ops d00ds in OP4 with snipers but wouldn't fit well with the grunts... Perhaps giving them scouts? 4.) Heavy Weapons: Definitely give them that Vulcan minigun skin of the M249! Of course your gonna need idiots like me who'd download this stuff!:m249: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 57919th
    access_time 17y
    A mapper/map hacker to add that monster in.
    This also requires an idiot like me, If you find a modeller I may* waste my time(a loong time) decompile-getthedamnxyznumbers-riptheentity-Placebrandnewmonsters. So you will need to someone import the entities and upload the new maps. And some more idiots to download :p *Possible but has a possibility of being forgotten. Icq 163207968 However replacing them could be a lot easier and better. I'm personally fed up with grunt that use spas12 and Mp5(m16orM4 whatever it is). I'd better like to see with OCIW or Sg551(yes it is not a sniper rifle) for Mp5(m16) Grunts and p90 for shotgun grunts. And if something to be added Sniper Grunts(HBRT or M4 with a telescope) and Heavy Weapon Grunts(chain gun of course, or Mini Mi).
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49435th
    access_time 17y
    in half-life every NPC (non player character) is 'monster'... e.g: monster_zombie monster_barney monster_scientist if you want to spawn monster instead of give yourself guns... you enter command: give monster_scientist 'monster_scientist' is entitity name for scientists
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 17y
    When the word 'monster' is heard, something non-human always comes to my mind. As far as I know, every actor in the BHD movie is human.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21180th
    access_time 17y
    Im guessing Somalis unless we are going to use computer editting to change them into walkie talkies for the re-release...;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Black Hawk Down style monster
    And that would be.........???
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus if you are coding the Black Hawk Down style monster, i have the damn VCD, so i can advise on what models or maps you have created... the style and details... basically i recommends texture from cs_havana (they looks likes BHD textures) and ambience sound from de_******* (i forgot the name, but it have very distinctive sound of MG and bombing) is it de_chateau ? that is close to sound in BHD i also have the black hawk down sound pack, and some custom sound which are cool and can be used for monster's sound... e.g: 50 cal machinegun AK47 rifle sound and me as a tester here... hehe
    I can't build a human, nor texture them that is too hard, too many poly limits. But animating them :cheesy: Thats me. Hackjobs are thumbs up here.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49435th
    access_time 17y
    if you are coding the Black Hawk Down style monster, i have the damn VCD, so i can advise on what models or maps you have created... the style and details... basically i recommends texture from cs_havana (they looks likes BHD textures) and ambience sound from de_******* (i forgot the name, but it have very distinctive sound of MG and bombing) is it de_chateau ? that is close to sound in BHD i also have the black hawk down sound pack, and some custom sound which are cool and can be used for monster's sound... e.g: 50 cal machinegun AK47 rifle sound and me as a tester here... hehe
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Then what are you waiting for!? On the double! :)
    Ok, Show me the one you want designed or converted... Let's go with a texture modefied high detail FA model. Textures by: Rapid Fire <-- I know this fella.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 126th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    id like to see the result of this...^_^
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Then what are you waiting for!? On the double! :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48106th
    access_time 17y
    Im a Map hacker! and a mapper tooo!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter As I have told everyone else before, I CAN create the monster. I only need 3 people or maybe less. A mapper/map hacker to add that monster in. A modeller/model hacker to 'build' the monster. An idiot *points to self* to code the monster.
    Well I guess we got the 2 first ones... But the 3rd... hmmm.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    As I have told everyone else before, I CAN create the monster. I only need 3 people or maybe less. A mapper/map hacker to add that monster in. A modeller/model hacker to 'build' the monster. An idiot *points to self* to code the monster.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus haunter do you consider coding new monsters ? like monsters with AK47 ? or monster with RPG ? cos playing with the same monsters after a while makes you feel boring... also, i would like to fight in a game with 'Black Hawk Down theme' like a delta with m4, and a whole map with lots of AK47 terrorists... as well as terrorists with RPG to shoot down chopper... maybe playing as one of the character in BHD, like the M249 gunner or Black Hawk pilot... or just another delta with the M4
    Well it will be hard if the gun model is wielded to the person model. That means somebody with great time have to go over the whole rigamarole.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago