Account doesn't exist?

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Raspberry points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Hey there fellow bananas! I recently posted in this thread, in hopes of getting a "scroll of resurrection" to let me play a little while before I get myself a copy of WotLK. Now, I got the scroll (Yay for me!) and I received an E-mail from Blizzard that one of them scrolls have been used on me. Happy moment for me there, and I read the mail. There was a button on the bottom which went by the name of "Accept". I clicked the button and was redirected to the World of Warcraft website, and there I had to enter my password and account name. Just to be on the safe side, I checked if the URL was "httpS://..." to be sure that it wouldn't get stolen and I entered my account name only to be shocked that I forgot my password! I went to the World of Warcraft website, and tried to get my password back. I answered my secret question and got my password back. Then I wanted to change it, so I did. I noticed that on the screen I was directed to it said it would need about an hour or two. So I waited, and I waited. Then when I had waited for a two-and-a-half hours, I tried again. Then I got a message that either my account name was incorrect or my password was. I guessed that my password was, so I tried again. Didn't work. Then I sighed, and started up my Battlefield. After some time, I decided to give my account another shot. My password still didn't work so I tried getting my password back. I entered my account name, only to find that it doesn't exist! I tried getting my account name back, that was my second last resort. I got a message that no account was registered to that E-mail address. I was shocked. I ask of you, fellow bananites, help me! If anyone was wondering, NO I DID NOT LOCK MY ACCOUNT. Edit: I'm going to check if it works again, worked again a week ago. Second edit: Still doesn't work.

• 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,261 points Ranked 3705th
    Posted by Tac

Contacting blizzard here would probably be your best bet. Best of luck on solving the problem.

Thanks for the link. It might work if I could find my box anywhere, but I don't see it anywhere. Damn.
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    Did you lock your account?
    NOT FBI avatar
    Mantra
    NOT FBI
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by EpicPhail

"If anyone was wondering, NO I DID NOT LOCK MY ACCOUNT."

-.-
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    Posted by BrainZ

Posted by EpicPhail

"If anyone was wondering, NO I DID NOT LOCK MY ACCOUNT."

-.-

so... you are certain you didnt lock it?

jk, hmm

try creating a new account with the same name and password to see if it lets you (does making new ones cost money? not sure :P) through, and if it did, your kinda screwed, just do what Tac said then.
    NOT FBI avatar
    Mantra
    NOT FBI
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Tac

You could always make a trail account here to test it like EpicPhail said.

Tried that, didn't work.

Does anyone else have any solutions?
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Tac

Your solution was already stated by me, talk to blizzard, that is the simplest and the fastest way in your situation to resolve this problem.

And I replied that I couldn't find my CD key, resulting in that I couldn't complete the form and unable to send it in.
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bumping my thread.

Tac, I'm not trying to be helpless, I was asking for help. How can I talk to them? I mean, yes, I can E-mail them, but how could I possibly back it up? I can't phone them can I?
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    jenskorv avatar
    jenskorv Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Good for you, now you dont have to play that addictive and time-consuming game

did I spell time-consuming right? ;P
    :D
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Tac

Yes you can call them, here is the info

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
    Hours: 8AM – 8PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday (excluding US holidays)

Friend had a problem, didn't find his cd key, they just asked him to fax them some ID, like his Drivers License which he faxed in. His problem was resolved about an hour later. You know, it helps to click support on their page...

No I can't phone them, unless I want my family's phone bills to raise sky high. You see, I live in the middle of the ocean, on an island about to go bankrupt.

I can't really provide any identification either, since I don't have a driver's license. Will a birth certificate do?
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    Lucedis avatar
    Lucedis Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,719 points Ranked 976th
    Did you check your Realmlist.wtf file?
    i pity the noob!
  • 9y
    Eat.Lead avatar
    Eat.Lead Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    977 points Ranked 4774th
    Wierd, try realmlist?
    Your forces are under attack.. avatar
    Mantra
    Your forces are under attack..
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Lucedis

Did you check your Realmlist.wtf file?

I checked my directory, I don't find any "realmlist.wtf" file, I also used the magical search feature.
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    Georgemd avatar
    Georgemd Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    214 points Ranked 16788th
    Try updating/reinstalling?
    Maybe you have the wrong realmlist or something, as stated by lucedis and eat lead
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Intelevend avatar
    Intelevend Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,338 points Ranked 1055th
    Posted by Raspberry

Posted by Tac

Yes you can call them, here is the info

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
    Hours: 8AM – 8PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday (excluding US holidays)

Friend had a problem, didn't find his cd key, they just asked him to fax them some ID, like his Drivers License which he faxed in. His problem was resolved about an hour later. You know, it helps to click support on their page...

No I can't phone them, unless I want my family's phone bills to raise sky high. You see, I live in the middle of the ocean, on an island about to go bankrupt.

I can't really provide any identification either, since I don't have a driver's license. Will a birth certificate do?

Seriously dude, quit being stupid. 1-800 numbers are FREE, you dont get charged for the call. Else what about all the international WOW players who call in? Secondly if you would just make a real effort yo actually contact blizzard instead of making up excuses "Ooh i dont have ID" then you would actually get it solved. So please quit wasting our time because only people that can really help you is Blizzard themselves.
    Buy me ripe! paying 4k PM ME!! avatar
    Mantra
    Buy me ripe! paying 4k PM ME!!
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y

Posted by Raspberry

Posted by Intelevend
    Seriously dude, quit being stupid. 1-800 numbers are FREE, you dont get charged for the call. Else what about all the international WOW players who call in? Secondly if you would just make a real effort yo actually contact blizzard instead of making up excuses "Ooh i dont have ID" then you would actually get it solved. So please quit wasting our time because only people that can really help you is Blizzard themselves.

How the fuck should I know the 1-800 numbers are free? I wasn't making up excuses, I'm not old enough to get my license! I do have a birth certificate but I'm not the one in the family who's keeping it.

How am I wasting your time? You decided to enter the thread, you decided to post in it, I'm not sure you put thought into your post, so you're actually wasting MY TIME. This may sound a tad rough to you, but your post was rough to me, now we're even. Don't post in this thread again. Thank you.
    Comrade Greeting card
  • 9y
    beny avatar
    beny Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    499 points Ranked 8685th
    Thats really odd. Good luck getting your account back!
    :D avatar
    Mantra
    :D
  • 9y
    Evol On avatar
    Evol On Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    293 points Ranked 13277th
    Did you use hacks/cheats in a Battle.net account somehow linked to your WoW account? Blizzard suspended 350k people, which it says on the front page... That may have happened :P
    Tacgnol is gnooooooooooool
  • 9y
    Raspberry avatar
    Raspberry Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Buttons the Cat

Did you use hacks/cheats in a Battle.net account somehow linked to your WoW account? Blizzard suspended 350k people, which it says on the front page... That may have happened :P

No, I've never hacked or used 3rd party programs in any Blizzard game. Except for maybe questhelper in WoW, but I doubt you can get banned for that.

I really should add to the thread that the problem has been resolved, it worked again a week ago, but I couldn't play, even though I had 2 days of the scroll left. Weird.
    Comrade Greeting card

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Raspberry avatar
Raspberry Offline
Member Joined 9y