Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

The Maps Thread!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

This is the Maps Thread, where players can say what maps are good for use with CL, because original HalfLife has been played to death. As well as the name of the map, you should try to include the author's name, how good you think it is, and whether it has enough health chargers to provide weapons or if the player has to cheat their way through. If you can, it would also be nice to include a link to a spot where the map can be downloaded. Please, no off-topic posts on this thread!

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21836th
    access_time 17y
    I will not let you ruin my work! Well let's talk about the new GeForce FX or should I say the new vacuum cleaner. basen on Nvidia's noiseFX design and NoiseFX architecture. But for Pro's... Nothing gets this baby: So this is the OpenGL 2.0 killer, goodbye quadro, there is a better kid on the street.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21203rd
    access_time 17y
    YES I am shocked and awed as well! No not bombing runs I got a map suggestion for all you CL d00ds out there! *Sees Haunter and Sweeper sitting lazily in an otherwise empty auditorium er... anyway onward! Todesangst: I don't remember the german translation but who cares! This is a great map pack for CL by Daryn Waite and can be downloaded from his site here: Todesangst Website Now first I should say that I have two major gripes with this pack. The first is easily fixed while the other is more critique. For those of you who have the latest version of HL (and what kinda CS player doesn't?) then the original version of Todesangst won't run. Luckily, Waite released an update and if you have HL 1.1.1.0 and Todesangst 1.3 you should be fine. The second gripe is that the mod is unbelievably short! I beat the whole thing on difficult in about 80 minutes! Of course I had practically memorized it but it still isn't epic by any stretch. Ok now that I got that outta the way the reason I like it so much is incredibly you don't have to cheat once throughtout the mod! In the early levels you'll have to depend on your knife alot but evetually you'll get to a health charger where you should be able to buy an assault rifle or shotgun, and pistol. Theres only like 3 chargers throughtout the game so you have to be careful with ammo. The final level consists of more knife battles with alien slave mutations which are explained in the plot by cutscenes. (Yes it has a story!):eek: So get it now and try out the sequel as well although it doesn't work with CL since it has its on coding...:( Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    It appears Ace was killed on the set... We have to clone him in order to get him back...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20203rd
    access_time 17y
    Well, nothing. *Pushes the cardboard cut-out bad guy into the rubbish chute*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45378th
    access_time 17y
    What does ObL have to do with any of this?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by The Ranger First things first, I am not French! I do not have any French blood in me, I don't speak French very well, and I barely share my country with those damn Frogs! My blood is mostly British/Irish, but my accent is Nova Scotian. ANYWAY - Ranger now realizes that the battle he was fighting in was nothing more than a movie set, and he puts his shotgun back in his webbing and goes home.
    But Osama kept calling and kept Ranger awake during the entire night, so when the movie scene was set next day... Ranger was dog tired.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 17y
    First things first, I am not French! I do not have any French blood in me, I don't speak French very well, and I barely share my country with those damn Frogs! My blood is mostly British/Irish, but my accent is Nova Scotian. ANYWAY - Ranger now realizes that the battle he was fighting in was nothing more than a movie set, and he puts his shotgun back in his webbing and goes home.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    {As Sweeper's Microwave gun discharges, a spark appears on the newly sealed door. It goes around the door breaking the seal, until it has gone all the way around. Then the door is kicked in and dozens of ACE's Cobra Snipers approach followed by... ACE! Gwha?! How can that be?} Sweeper: What the hell? *Sweeper looks back at the pile of flesh that seemed to be ACE, except that it is now melting away like a plastic... ACE: Stupid human don't you know ACE never has revealed his true form as the supercomputer gone mad in charge of an army of androids! Snipers take out that pestilence... *Sweeper is cornered by the snipers, but suddenly Haunter drops from the ceiling-dual elites blasting- Haunter: HAHA DIE Robot Freaks! *Haunters horrible accuracy combined with the fact his on a func_ladder entity leaves him on the ground, clips empty, having missing every single sniper and the ACE android. Haunter: Ah cr- *Sounds of gun fire are heard from down the hall as giant velociraptors break down the front door and start ripping the guards at the front desk to pieces! ACE Droid: O the hell with this CUT! *BEEP! The cameras stop as ACE approaches from his directors chair, the droid removes the faceplate to reveal the actors studio's james Lipton! ACE: Jamie whats the problem- don't tell me the cue cards aren't blue enough still! Lipton: ACE this is ludicrous. Not since Cathrine Bates played a disfigured mailman has there been a more implausable and retarded script. Im going to my trailer and Im not coming out til its changed! *Lipton storms off as ACE discusses with costars Sweeper and Haunter. ACE: Well what do you think? Sweeper: Screw em I told you to get Vin Diesel! ACE: No way xXx sucked... Haunter: What about Jackey Martling? ACE: Is he even alive? Sweeper: I know Keanu Reeves! ACE: He won't work without bullet time, he thinks it makes him seem competent... Haunter: Screw it lets just forget the raptors they make no sense anyway- ______________________________ Will ACE comprimise Artistic integrity for cool special effects? Where the F did Raptors come from? Will James ever come out of his trailer or just spend all day calling Christopher Walken for creepiness advice? Can this thread get more off topic?!:shocked: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE {ACE returns with Psg-1 slung over his shoulder with Coca-Cola in hand, and sees Sweeper passed out at his PC station. Noticing the numerous empty pill cases and bong he figures Sweeper has tripped out on the research drugs again.} *ACE kicks Sweeper trying to wake him up- ACE: D00d! You smoked it all again! Its for research dumbass your supposed to give it to the rats! *Sweeper in high stupor, drunkenly draws a machette and mumbles out- Sweeper: Freakin... Motha... Chute... D00D!... FUNIONS!!! *Sweeper's charge is easily sidesteped by the sober ACE who cracks Sweeper on the back of the head with the butt of his rifle. ACE: D00d you really gotta lay off this stuff, its got Ephedria for gods sake! *Ranger enters with a startled look, and nearly drops his AC-DC blasting boom box. Ranger: WTF happened to him? ACE: Who knows... Blast it d00d I like this part! AC-DC: Dirty Deeds! Done Dirt Cheap!- *During the Headbanging and general rowdiness of the air guitar solo, Sweeper awakes and fires a giant cannon! ACE: D00d thats another song! And I didn't say FIRE!- *Again Sweeper fires the gun. ACE draws and trys to fire but his rifle has jammed from bitchslapping Sweeper! DUN DUN DUN!!!:eek: ___________________________ What will ACE do? Can he correct the jam in time or be blasted by grapeshot? Will Ranger fight or fall back on his country's French heritage and run away screaming, "Have my Crecents!"? Where the #%$* did Sweeper get a giant cannon? Ah no one cares...*O.o Peace!:cool: P.S. Even if you claim it was not a drunk hallucination, my rifle still had a bayonet on it anyway! Why would a reload when I could stab you 2 feet away! Sheesh obviously...:roll: :D
    Nah, that isn't me... You have seen my clone... Yeah yeah, my research experiment. Feel my new microwave cannon. *Sweeper fires his microwave gun at ACE's brain causing a full boiling and instant kill.* Sweeper: Damn, this thing works! Better clone ACE before it is too late. We need him on CL. Haunter: don't talk, You remember you and I went off-topic about Hitman 2 in one thread.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Further and further away we go as this thread is soon becoming off topic.:)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    {ACE returns with Psg-1 slung over his shoulder with Coca-Cola in hand, and sees Sweeper passed out at his PC station. Noticing the numerous empty pill cases and bong he figures Sweeper has tripped out on the research drugs again.} *ACE kicks Sweeper trying to wake him up- ACE: D00d! You smoked it all again! Its for research dumbass your supposed to give it to the rats! *Sweeper in high stupor, drunkenly draws a machette and mumbles out- Sweeper: Freakin... Motha... Chute... D00D!... FUNIONS!!! *Sweeper's charge is easily sidesteped by the sober ACE who cracks Sweeper on the back of the head with the butt of his rifle. ACE: D00d you really gotta lay off this stuff, its got Ephedria for gods sake! *Ranger enters with a startled look, and nearly drops his AC-DC blasting boom box. Ranger: WTF happened to him? ACE: Who knows... Blast it d00d I like this part! AC-DC: Dirty Deeds! Done Dirt Cheap!- *During the Headbanging and general rowdiness of the air guitar solo, Sweeper awakes and fires a giant cannon! ACE: D00d thats another song! And I didn't say FIRE!- *Again Sweeper fires the gun. ACE draws and trys to fire but his rifle has jammed from bitchslapping Sweeper! DUN DUN DUN!!!:eek: ___________________________ What will ACE do? Can he correct the jam in time or be blasted by grapeshot? Will Ranger fight or fall back on his country's French heritage and run away screaming, "Have my Crecents!"? Where the #%$* did Sweeper get a giant cannon? Ah no one cares...*O.o Peace!:cool: P.S. Even if you claim it was not a drunk hallucination, my rifle still had a bayonet on it anyway! Why would a reload when I could stab you 2 feet away! Sheesh obviously...:roll: :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE *Crawls from rubbish chute badly injured but alive and caps Sweeper with a headshot from his Psg-1 Deadline: 7 hours til war and counting... Anyway can't we get this thread back on topic? This is for map suggestions with CL! Remember?!:confused: I don't have one off the top of my head right now, but Im sure something will come up. Until then I got Civilization III to play Dammit!;) Peace!:cool:
    *Sweeper rises with a Machete.* Check your guns next time, because you are loaded with blanks... I fixed it last night. *Ace takes out the clip and sees the blank rounds and starts to swear* I allways gets the last punch. *Ace takes out a live ammo clip and starts to load the rifle* bad move Ace. *Sweeper jumps on Ace slits his throat and throws him down the chute in to the acid bath.* *The Ranger looks at Sweeper horrified before he mumbles something on French and charges Sweeper. Sweeper grabs Ranger and throws him down the chute to ACE* Now Where were we? Oh yes. *Wields the only exit and entrance shut* Now Haunter, will you be joining us? sorry for this mess but Ace screwed my gun too.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 17y
    **Crawls from chute, also wounded, and weakly gives thanks to Ace before requesting this thread get back on topic** More maps! What other maps are good with CL?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    *Crawls from rubbish chute badly injured but alive and caps Sweeper with a headshot from his Psg-1 Deadline: 7 hours til war and counting... Anyway can't we get this thread back on topic? This is for map suggestions with CL! Remember?!:confused: I don't have one off the top of my head right now, but Im sure something will come up. Until then I got Civilization III to play Dammit!;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I don;t know about that................But try dumping those bodies into the rubbish chute.
    Thanks for the tip. *Dumps the bodies down the rubbish chute* Well, will the GeForce 3 Ti 200 owning DeluXe be playing then against GeForce 4 Ti 4600 owning me? I just hope he hosts, then we can get on playing. You see the broadband I get to borrow is free speed and wireless so if I host... MAXIMUM ping 2000. When I join I get 200 in ping standard.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I don;t know about that................But try dumping those bodies into the rubbish chute.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE O god if I have to hear one more of these "Bush Evil, no War!" speeches Im gonna go insane... I have nothing against Canada (except all the aweful celebrities we get from up there, you guys shoulda stopped after Rush, AC-DC, Mike Meyers, and Colin Mocherie. It wasn't getting any better than that!), but France is so... how to put it... well simply anti-US. They just say no to us because they can. They have beef with us from something, and they just won't let go of their ability to mess with our plans. Anyway the only reason their upset in this situation is because they have oil contracts with Saddam and when he goes bye-bye they'll have lots of economic problems. Youd have to be an idealist or a fool to think anyone in Europe really cares about Iraqs autocracy... Peace!:cool:
    *Shoots Ranger and Ace!* Now where were we? oh, yes CL easter game. Haunter, excuse me for theese bodies but will there be a server for us by then?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    One more so call 'war stories' or such and I'm afraid this thread is closed. Sorry, guys. I have to be firm.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    O god if I have to hear one more of these "Bush Evil, no War!" speeches Im gonna go insane... I have nothing against Canada (except all the aweful celebrities we get from up there, you guys shoulda stopped after Rush, AC-DC, Mike Meyers, and Colin Mocherie. It wasn't getting any better than that!), but France is so... how to put it... well simply anti-US. They just say no to us because they can. They have beef with us from something, and they just won't let go of their ability to mess with our plans. Anyway the only reason their upset in this situation is because they have oil contracts with Saddam and when he goes bye-bye they'll have lots of economic problems. Youd have to be an idealist or a fool to think anyone in Europe really cares about Iraqs autocracy... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by The Ranger Monsieur, le POO sur de VOUS! TRANSLATION: Sir, poo on you.
    Ok kid, thats it, It is too late for sorry. Meet me on a CL server this easter! Oh, leave your french behind. I got something for you too: WAMOTEE! TRANSLATION: **** you...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 17y
    I'm not French but I'm Canadian, so I live near a bunch of French people; and yeah, we still call them "french fries" here, that "freedom-fries" thing is another big sack of Bush-spouted bullshit.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69914th
    access_time 17y
    Well leave it to the french to come up with lame comebacks...
    LOL........that's great. I tried making a map too. Too complicated for my simple mind.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well leave it to the french to come up with lame comebacks...:D I wonder if McD's etc. will catch on to the whole renaming of food thing too. Or maybe they'll realize its a repetition of history from- o wait this is McD's... Freedom Fries it is!:m249: Well If I remember anything from 3 years of Latin Ill be sure to translate something... what was I typing again?:confused: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 17y
    Monsieur, le POO sur de VOUS! TRANSLATION: Sir, poo on you.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by The Ranger You know, those of us who are GameSpy employees (read: ME) don't like it when you call our download server "Vileplanet". :P
    OK, you are FIRED! now it is vileplanet...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 17y
    You know, those of us who are GameSpy employees (read: ME) don't like it when you call our download server "Vileplanet". :P
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I only made one map once just basically to see if I could horribly crash my comp. It was one large courtyard with a shack where you started in one corner with the HEV suit, and an office building in the middle with crates full of weapons, and a staircase to the second floor where there were shelves of Shotgun ammo, a desk, and a few large computers (the big ones not desktops). Outside the building in the courtyard were tons of grunts, aliens of all kinds, 2 Gargs, an Apache, some scientists, and barneys. The whole idea was to sneak into the middle building grab some weapons and then finish off the remaining enemies. Needless to say it failied miserably. The game didin't end after you killed everything and the barney's would attack you after the battle if they survivied. It wasn't pretty architecturally and it got boring fast but hey, at least it worked.:aug: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    You tell me. The moment I started my map, I fell down to a pit and died.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I tried to make a map once, man the editor gave me a backblow, I can't even make a simple room.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The Timeline Series: A compelling set of maps sets a epic tale of your job for the G-man. Nazis using the scret of time travel stolen from the Xen universe are corrupting the very fabric of time in order to change the universe into their horrific vision of the thousand year reich. You Gordo "My suit is Orange, Hear me Roar!" Freeman must travel in time to such exotic locals as the American Civil War, Ancient Rome, 19th century London, the Parrelel Universe Ice Age, even 5 Billion and 20 Billion A.D! The maps are made by Ross Smith and the first two can be played with little trouble as far as converting the maps to CL goes. However Timeline III: The Heart of Darkness has several glitches, which sucks since its arguably the best in the series. Certain doors will not open in the "HUB" level you'll reach later on. You don't spawn with the HEV Suit like you should (you have to cheat) and you again don't reach a charger right away. Also the elevators don't work right. It be great if these issues could be addressed somehow (Timeline 3 has its on cl_dlls and dlls which are probably the cause of these problems) but even if the final chapter is flawed the whole series still plays out brilliantly especially the first two. Unfortunately I don't know of any download locals except Vileplanet off-hand but Im sure some of you more ambitious types can find one.;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58096th
    access_time 17y
    I've started a one map one mission map... God knows when will it end...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69914th
    access_time 17y
    Trigger happy: Created by Oakstar. the map is made to be replayable. all it is is a building with 30 randomly placed grunts inside (sometimes parts of the map itself change too) and you have to kill them all. You need to cheat at the beginning to get weapons for CL since it give you money instead of weapons. there are plenty health chargers but no armor chargers so it makes the map very difficult. Postal and ofpostal:crated by Barry Bollinger. a couple of security gaurds and a bunch of scientists.more of a stress reliever than a map. the only difference between them is ofpostal is bigger and has a switch that respawns all the Barry's website scis.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well a few suggestions since Ive been doing this forever.;) 1.) Edge of Darkness: Simply a must-have for all CL players its one of my favorite SP episodes. It was created by Chris Spain and can be accessed from his site: www.cyber-rat.com At the beginning, its difficult since you don't reach a medkit right away. You'll have to knife the first few guards and also use noclip to get your HEV suit (the trigger that opens the pod with the suit is screwed up because you must pick up your gun first. Similar to the Hazard Course Target Range). After that you should be alright. 2.) Half-Quake: For those with a sadistic side, try Half-Quake Ill guarentee that anyone who can make it through this episode without dying has no life whatsoever.:D It was created by Muddasheep and is the bane of HL players everywhere. You can either try Vileplanet or Muddasheeps site: the farm Unfortunately for some reason the chargers (which are few and far between as it is) cannot be used for some reason. Therefore you must use cheats but only take a pistol or smg as the game is meant to be difficult. Also there are lots of weaponstrips sequences so don't bother with grenades. 3.) Sweet Half-life: This and its predeccesor "Peaces like Us" from those crazy Japanese bros at Weird Comic Art are great SP episodes. However for CL Sweet HL has some problems since certain custom models are used. You can play from beginning to one of two endings with little problem (as far as bugs go) but note that some sequences don't make sense or become more difficult. 4.) The Xeno Project 1 & 2: Another great series from Mr. White at: Loki's Missions. Been awhile since I played it and I believe you'll have to cheat a bit at the beginning but overall great episodes to play through. In TXP2 however there are again some scripts that don't execute properly so be warned that you may have to noclip through certain doors etc. I also reccomend if you haven't already, to play through these episodes the standard way. So as to experience them in their true form. And so some of Sweet HLs sequences actually make sense... well as much as they could anyway... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Ranger avatar