Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Glock18 Bug

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Not sure if its been posted er not but I noticied a bug with the burst fire mode of the Glock18. When you fire the gun in burst fire mode all three shots fire simultaniously and the gun sits motionless instead of playing the appropriate recoil animation. Whats up with that? And yes Haunter I have Beta 5.*O.o Peace!:cool:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21861st
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Muzzle flash for the firstperson view mode may be correct. I'm not too sure about the thirdperson view mode.
    The P model files are EXTREMELY simplefied, almost nothing needs to be done in a special way like it is with V_ models.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20211th
    access_time 17y
    Muzzle flash for the firstperson view mode may be correct. I'm not too sure about the thirdperson view mode.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Still.........I realized I haven't checked on the muzzle flash to see if they are the same as in CS. This could give a bit of info.
    They might be on the inside of the gun, checked the Glock 18 Burst code to see if the Muzzleflash part is the same as the single one?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Still.........I realized I haven't checked on the muzzle flash to see if they are the same as in CS. This could give a bit of info.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52895th
    access_time 17y
    My G18 is a reskin of the default, no custom .qc's, trust me I know! You can modify the muzzleflash with the .qc, but it happens with all G18 replacements, back from CL beta 3. I think it is probably my install rather than your code. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hmmmmmm............I will check on that.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter It's sometimes have to do with the model. That's why you would here M4 sounds coming out of some custom made Augs. Such as some of the M4 replacements.
    We only control the allignment of the Muzzle flash... I think there is a bone on the model controlling it or some values in the .qc I never touched thoose.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It's sometimes have to do with the model. That's why you would here M4 sounds coming out of some custom made Augs. Such as some of the M4 replacements.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 70139th
    access_time 17y
    then why isnt there a muzzleflash for it?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Nah. Nothing wrong with the sprites.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52895th
    access_time 17y
    Also, the fire sprite doesn't appear in burst-fire... Actually, it might be my installation, I'll re-copy my sprites folder. :crazy:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That should be the AW/M. Too bad there's a butt stock.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Well, I don't ususally use the glock that much but I coded it so there's like no recoil in the animation. I discover that by 'accident' while playing CS. Seems like the glock is the only weapon with barely any recoil and has no kickback view. As for the burst-fire mode, I chose the animation where the glock gives a quick burst shot and stay motionless for like 0.1 sec.
    Glocks are designed to be fired and quickly return to target. Not like the DE that is "Shoot, Watch the ceiling and search for the target" style.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well, I don't ususally use the glock that much but I coded it so there's like no recoil in the animation. I discover that by 'accident' while playing CS. Seems like the glock is the only weapon with barely any recoil and has no kickback view. As for the burst-fire mode, I chose the animation where the glock gives a quick burst shot and stay motionless for like 0.1 sec.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

CyACE avatar
CyACE Joined 18y ago