Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Odd Bug in CL Switcher

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I finally noticed and downloaded the Counter-Life Switcher program (and am having some serious fun going back through all the mods with the CS weapons!) but I noticed a weird bug. The Switcher seems to work perfectly except when it comes to the buy menus. There, some of the options are either blank or weird text strings. The menu still works exactly like it does in CL (i.e. if I hit 6 then 2 I get full grenades even though hitting six says "BuyMenu#2" and nothing else) and I was wondering, is there anyway to fix this and is anyone else having these problems at all?

Replies

• CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21192nd
    access_time 17y
    CL should have its own titles.txt in the CL folder since that is where the buy menu strings are listed. All on screen text (except VGUI) that appears in a game is listed as commands in the titles.txt. Some HL SP mods and maps have their own story or on-screen text which is stored in that particular mods titles.txt. Sometimes this file is in the folder and other times in a pak file. Obviously these mods don't anticipate you using CL so the buy menu strings aren't listed in those titles.txt files. The way I fix this is to go into the titles.txt in the CL folder, copy all the commands for the buy menu (they're towards the bottom after the commands for the credits and endgame) and paste them at the very end of the titles.txt for the mod Im using, say Edge of Darkness. That usually works unless you can't find 1 of the titles files. I guess Haunter could better help with that...:confused: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69811th
    access_time 17y
    CL switcher wont change wee models for me. havent had a problem with the buy menus.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LobotomyVctm avatar
    LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago
    119 points Ranked 64623rd
    access_time 17y
    But just the buy menus when using the switcher are messed up. I looked but there's no titles.txt in the Switcher folder. Any other suggestions? (It works great though! This bug is just kinda annoying. Everyone go get it if you have other mods)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 17y
    Oh. Sorry, but my mind is a bit messed up due to the NVG I'm adding. It's causing CL to crash the moment the game loads up.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48158th
    access_time 17y
    no haunter.. he means.. the buy menu... you.. need the new title.txt from cl beta 5 its just a normal shits .. no bug.. you cause it JUST COPY THE NEW TITLE.TXT.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 17y
    CL Switcher was done by Starfox. So, if there are bugs, Starfox is the man you should ask.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

LobotomyVctm avatar
LobotomyVctm Joined 17y ago