Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

converted SVENCOOP maps

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

i have sucessfully converted the map 'landing' and 'svencooprpg' you need to cheat to obtain weapons... the map works perfectly fine... since there is no entities from svencoop... you would need some wad and model requested by console... it is sad that i dont score for killing monsters... but it is still fun killing monsters with m4a1 and deagle... because of the large rpg map you got to aim properly... and you wont want to increase the enermy health if you are alone in the game... remember, when hosting, use 'mp_allowmonsters 1' to enable monsters in the mp game... impulse 101 dont work as well, i might suggest you use give weapon_name command to get your desired gun...

Replies

• Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    :eek: ... I just simply use WinBSP to take a map out and convert it for other mods... I rarely even save prefabs because I don't really need that stuff, all of my maps I created by myself, I never use prefabs but... hey, I made my own bus that works.... and a apc... :apc:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45341st
    access_time 17y
    Um... WinBSP isn't really something you "master"... you just click what map you want to rip and it does it for you. It's a very simple linear utility and the user doesn't actually have to do anything. And yeah, it pisses mappers off because most people use WinBSP to steal prefabs from other mappers.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20190th
    access_time 17y
    We can have the Apache and the Garg waiting for you at bomb site A and B.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21826th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter But SC95098 seems to love it. Or master it. Looks like we have another talent here. Try this map: DE_DUST!:D :D :D
    Insert some HL monsters?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    But SC95098 seems to love it. Or master it. Looks like we have another talent here. Try this map: DE_DUST!:D :D :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    HEY that tool is hated by CS map makers...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Just to let you know, you could just simply download a program called winbsp (it's at v1.2) The program converts files with the .bsp extension into .map files. I'm currently at the moment of converting lot's of maps (adding medstations, recharge units, etc) from sven coop and LOT'S of other mods, give me a map request and I'll convert it into CL format for you ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :devil: :devil: :devil: :apc:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49479th
    access_time 17y
    requirement for map to be converted: 1)contains no new monster, npc which is only present in the mod how to rip the map out: 1)copy the bsp over... 2)start a game with that map... 3)the game will request for graphic/models etc if the map need... 4)copy the required models/ graphics over... 5)repeat as many time as possible until every graphic is done and the game sucessfully start... note: you can rip the whole model folder for that map.. e.g: sierra/half-life/svencoop/model/scrpg the scrpg is the folder for all svencooprpg models... include the second and third map of thr rpg series... so copying the folder over means all the needed models is copied
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45341st
    access_time 17y
    So, uh, how exactly did you "convert" them, Wamp? Did you rip the .bsp's and alter them or something, or did you, uh, drag the file from the svencoop folder to the cl folder and call it a conversion? :) And we all know that really, you should be converting Osprey and Garghunt3, because they kick ass AND have chargers. Other maps would work too, but only if they have health and armor chargers in them. Most Sven maps do. EDIT: I am now attempting to open a dialogue between myself and the Sven Co-Op team regarding either acquiring versions of the Sven Co-Op maps without the SC entities, or editable WorldCraft files that I could engineer for our purposes.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Okay, What is replacing the Impulse in SP?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It doesn't. Well, some parts maybe but not the impulse 101. Impluse 101 in MP gives you the suit, armor and the max amount of money you can have.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69782nd
    access_time 17y
    I used the give all weapons cheat in MP on beta 5, and it gave me armor. guess MP still needs polishing.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Why Beta 4.3 when Beta 5 is out?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49479th
    access_time 17y
    i dont mean that... i tested the map using CL 4.3 the impulse 101 simply dump you all gun and waste you time to choose... basically you need a few weapons only...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Forgot to mention: I removed the impulse 101 cheat. Or did I............?
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago