Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Day of Life/ Half-Defeat

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

im thinking of making a mod, which uses DoD weapon in Half-Life SP game... Haunter do i need any special programs ? can you guide me since you have sucessfully merged CS and HL i should be fun gunning down zombies with M1 garand and shooting apache with MG42 instead of buying weapons im thinking of making the health station a class changer... e.g: selected sergent, then used the health station... you will get a Thompson or Greasegun

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21827th
    access_time 17y
    Haunter: Your C++ came cheap right? Well mine will be... DAMN I forgot to give the word to my friend.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    3,000 points Ranked 9040th
    access_time 17y
    I just happened to obtain C++ the other day..... God knows how to use it tho:confused:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21190th
    access_time 17y
    Sounds good. Id love to gun down Vortugaunts with a scoped FG-42. Or Bayonet stab headcrabs in mid flight. Or smack G-man with a trusty Trench Spade... mmmm Spade... Aghhhhh... But how would you be able to use the heavy MGs when you can't go prone and theres no scripted deploy points? O extra point, give the FG-42 its deployable bayonent, assuming you could get a modeller. But would you even have permission to do that since DoD is technically under Valve's copyright umbrella now? Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Microsoft software: you have to buy it. SDK:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49483rd
    access_time 17y
    can u gimme a link to the microsoft software and sdk ?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    First, get Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 6. It's the program which is used to code HL and gives barely any problems. Second, download the HL FULL SDK 2.3. Next, try replacing the crowbar to a melee weapon in DOD(if there is one). Just try to search the word 'crowbar' in the SDK and change the words to the name of the melee weapon. The easiest thing to code is the weapons IMO. From there, slowly advance to the next weapon, replacing the HL weapons with it. Heck, if you REALLY want, add all or some DOD weapons into HL and make them pick-ups. HL has 14 weapons.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3079th
    access_time 17y
    Then we'll run into another brick wall by trying to replace the grunts with Nazis.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago