Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Custom water

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

Need help making it.

Http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=38522 is the one I want to make as a completely independent water texture. I don't know how, though I know I need a normal named water_tropical and need to change the "%tooltexture" to water_tropical. Is there anything I need to do besides that? And is it possible to skin all of the waters in-game to this? If yes, how? And if you want to know, I'm using it for my prefab/physics/build map that as of yet has no name but was posted in the WiP section. I'm still getting a handle on all the basics, and more complex things, of Hammer, so for it I'm using nothing but custom textures and I've gotten some pretty dang good ones as of now. Either way I just want to know how to make the VMTs actual standalone water textures, not just a reskinned Inferno or Militia one, although it'd be best if I knew how to do both. EDIT: Holy damn it looks good. I got it to work as its own separate texture, but I still so wanna know if there's any way I can reskin the premade waters as it. Should I just rename the files and change the tooltexture?

Replies

• HarrisonBrtn avatar
    HarrisonBrtn Joined 11y ago
    842 points Ranked 41656th
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Post the texture on fpsbanana textures, i wana see :)
    wrar :P avatar
    Mantra
    wrar :P
    URL to post:
  • Shukhov avatar
    Shukhov Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by harrisonbrtn Post the texture on fpsbanana textures, i wana see :)
    Wish I could but I can't without permission, and even then stupid people would be disapproving my submission left and right. 'Course, I'm going to make some changes to it anyways and I might as well post it for you guys. I'll ask him tomorrow because of course, right now I'm working on a watery map. ;D
    No.
    URL to post:
  • Burnfingers avatar
    Burnfingers username pic Joined 12y ago
    131,256 points Ranked 20th
    23 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Join a studio and upload it as a WiP (work in progress). thatway ppl can see it but not bash it =)
    aka [-B-] avatar
    Mantra
    aka [-B-]
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author