Need to find my own CD-Key

A Forum Thread for Battlefield 2142

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Sidinster points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Before you read this, let me say this first: -I am NOT asking for an illegal CD Key or where to find one, and I'll never will, I am not an idiot.- But, what I AM asking for is some kind of free program that lets me find my OWN USED CD-Key. Reason: 1) I downloaded a patch and fucked up my auto-login. 2) I lost my CD-Key. 3) People at EA is being stubborn and won't help me out with crap unless I give out my CD-Key. 4) The Regedit is also screwed up. I only just see randomized numbers. Thanks guys, I also request you don't post unless you can link me to such program or better help. Thank you.

• 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    313,415 points Ranked 8th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Judo Technical Expert
    The only way is to read the registry. Those aren't random numbers, I bet. It's probably some weak form of encryption.

A program called Magic Jelly Bean is able to get other Battlefield CD keys. If you change the config and change something like Battlefield 2's registry location to Battlefield 2142's, it would probably be able to get the key.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Sidinster avatar
    Sidinster Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Many thanks!

Darn! While I thank you for your help, even the keyfinder is having trouble. It only shows the same randomized huge length(Bout 40+ characters of different numbers and letters. Can anyone else help?
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Sidinster avatar
    Sidinster Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Terribly sorry for bumping, but can anyone else help please?
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Sidinster avatar
    Sidinster Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Loyen_

Start->Run->regedit (press enter)-> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts->game (then a tree folder which would be named something like ergc or whatever, don't have bf installed but C&C3) and you'll find your key without -'s in one of the reg files.

I already did this. Huge length of characters, both numbers and letters, like 50+ different letters pop up instead of the CD Key. I have no idea why.
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Job_For_A_Cowboy avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    13,297 points Ranked 328th
    Give them the user name and tell them to send it to your registered email. Thats what i did and they just sent mine :)
    Chicken and Broccoli avatar
    Mantra
    Chicken and Broccoli

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Sidinster avatar