Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

This is bullshit

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Why me

Last night my dad had a soccer game and i had a soccer practise. when i got home my brother told me that my dad is in the hospital and he dosnt know why and that we are going their tomorow (which is today.) my uncle picked us up and when we got there tons of our relatives were in the waiting room and they told us that during my dads soccer game he suffered from a major heart attack and while he was in the ambulance he suffered 3 more heart attacks. he had no air in his body for about an hour and is now in a deep coma. the doctor says that no matter what happens my life is changed from now on because the 2 outcomes are iether he dies, or he makes it but suffers from intense brain damage and will most likely be a vegetative state (no senses or memory, he'll pretty much be completely fucked). this is really shitty because my dad and i were very close and im going to lose him when im only 15 years old. so i probably wont be coming on fpsb for a while. or ever. and ya this is gay. EDIT: we recieved a phone call from the hospital this afternoon and my dads brain is basically completely dead. theres nothing the doctors can do. Tomorow we're going to see him for the last time before they take him off life support and he's laid to rest forever. thanks again to everyones thoughts and prayers, you guys have made this a bit easier for me to go through hearing your past experiences and thoughtful comments.

Replies

1-50 of 109
Pages
Go to page:
  • Ghost136115 avatar
    Ghost136115 Joined 13y ago
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    If this is true, and no E-Drama then I really feel sorry for you. It gotta suck hard.
    URL to post:
  • It's Tommy! avatar
    It's Tommy! Joined 12y ago
    714 points Ranked 42776th
    access_time 11y
    Shit, man, it's awkward to say anything about that at all really, but all I can say is I hope for the best.
    ... avatar
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    Amen username pic Joined 14y ago
    3,559 points Ranked 2257th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Wow. That's fucking horrible. I hope everything ends up working out.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • Scouts avatar
    Scouts Joined 13y ago
    5,044 points Ranked 1315th
    12 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    access_time 11y
    Your dad is basicly dead and all you say is, ya it's gay?
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Thanks and its all true. i saw him today and he was on life support and he had like 5 tubes in his mouth to his lungs helping him breathe and a pump that keeps his heart beating.
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 11y
    People have come out of things like that before and been pretty much normal. It can happen again.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Amen People have come out of things like that before and been pretty much normal. It can happen again.
    its possible, but probably not because he was unconcious for almost an hour and not breathing, so no oxygen got to his brain which screwed it up. Their waiting to take him off life support and see exactly how bad the brain damage will be
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Scouts avatar
    Scouts Joined 13y ago
    5,044 points Ranked 1315th
    12 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Scouts Cooking Expert
    access_time 11y
    Posted by poopoop
    Posted by Amen People have come out of things like that before and been pretty much normal. It can happen again.
    its possible, but probably not because he was unconcious for almost an hour and not breathing, so no oxygen got to his brain which screwed it up. Their waiting to take him off life support and see exactly how bad the brain damage will be
    It took the emergency services an hour to get to an unconcious, not breathing patient? Do you live in the middle of no-where or something? Don't sue the hospital, they need the money to take of people.
    Bane Of The Banana avatar
    Mantra
    Bane Of The Banana
    URL to post:
  • Poxie avatar
    Poxie username pic Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    I was reading this and on the tele came "Can karma cure comas?" (My name is Earl E4) coincidence? I really hope he pulls through. It is possible he will be ok. Fingers are crossed and thoughts for you.
    Ray-banned avatar
    Mantra
    Ray-banned
    URL to post:
  • Davey! avatar
    Davey! Joined 12y ago
    2,885 points Ranked 19827th
    access_time 11y
    That's terrible.. I never got close to my dad.. because he's bi polar... and i still see him every day because my parents are still married O.o... That's really messed up though.. he played soccer he must of been pretty healthy no?
    I got 99 problems but a bitch  avatar
    Mantra
    I got 99 problems but a bitch
    URL to post:
  • Homizle! avatar
    Homizle! Joined 13y ago
    123 points Ranked 64106th
    access_time 11y
    Wow man that is really really sad. I hope you can get through this for the better. May God be with your father my friend.
    The nice thug. avatar
    Mantra
    The nice thug.
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Scouts
    Posted by poopoop
    It took the emergency services an hour to get to an unconcious, not breathing patient? Do you live in the middle of no-where or something? Don't sue the hospital, they need the money to take of people.
    no it just took them a while to first get there ( around 15 minutes i think) and inm between his heart attacks he went unconcious and they couldnt get him to breathe and shit. and thanks everyone
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • T-Bag-T avatar
    T-Bag-T Joined 12y ago
    4,743 points Ranked 1418th
    access_time 11y
    My dad dies when i was 10. I know what it's like. It was less of a suprise for me though, becuase it was cancer. You'll get through it, no matter what, trust me.
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD avatar
    Mantra
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by T-Bag-T My dad dies when i was 10. I know what it's like. It was less of a suprise for me though, becuase it was cancer. You'll get through it, no matter what, trust me.
    thanks but hopefully it wont come to death
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • iLL avatar
    iLL Joined 13y ago
    1,678 points Ranked 21346th
    access_time 11y
    I think my dad would expect a bigger reaction if that happened to him than just: "ya this is gay" Anyway, hope everything works out.
    Reincarnated Suspectofmurder h
    URL to post:
  • Kangaroux avatar
    Kangaroux Joined 12y ago
    495 points Ranked 45613rd
    access_time 11y
    Pray to God with all your life that he will be OK. Miracles can happen you know.
    I'm back, bitches. avatar
    Mantra
    I'm back, bitches.
    URL to post:
  • ninjaz1337 avatar
    ninjaz1337 Joined 12y ago
    1,445 points Ranked 21988th
    access_time 11y
    Wow that's harsh, I hope there's a 3rd outcome where everything's normal and the doctors don't know about it. Sorry about your dad.
    Wait, what do I put here again
    URL to post:
  • Teh_Pwnisher avatar
    Teh_Pwnisher Joined 13y ago
    11,488 points Ranked 500th
    access_time 11y
    Damn, usually I dont feel nothing for the stories here in FPSB, but this one makes me feel really sorry for you, going through this wont be easy, I wish you luck.
    I lol in the face of failure avatar
    Mantra
    I lol in the face of failure
    URL to post:
  • Mini avatar
    Mini username pic Joined 12y ago
    Modboy Manager Admin
    Always Watching
    24,784 points Ranked 206th
    49 medals 7 legendary 10 rare
    • 1st Place - Winter Sprays Contest Medal icon
    • Guardian of the Acid Milk Medal icon
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    Mini avatar
    Mini
    Community Wizard
    access_time 11y
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your dad gets better. Lots of people can pull through these things.
    Sometimes I'm just not sure avatar
    Mantra
    Sometimes I'm just not sure
    URL to post:
  • GHS Clueless avatar
    GHS Clueless Joined 13y ago
    1,439 points Ranked 22006th
    access_time 11y
    Really sorry to hear that. He'll be in my prayers.
    I give up posting avatar
    Mantra
    I give up posting
    URL to post:
  • dfgyhfhjkjasdfhgdgfj avatar
    dfgyhfhjkjasdfhgdgfj Joined 13y ago
    506 points Ranked 45381st
    access_time 11y
    Best of wishes sir, be strong.
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Thanks guys i just got word from the hospital. their gona take him off life support and wake him up to see wut kinda condition he is iether later tonight or tomorow
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Hayden avatar
    Hayden Joined 13y ago
    1,257 points Ranked 22672nd
    access_time 11y
    Don't associate gays with death. It's just impolite.
    Mantra
    "Always play like you have a b
    URL to post:
  • Pyramid Head avatar
    Pyramid Head Joined 11y ago
    342 points Ranked 49250th
    access_time 11y
    I'm really sorry for your loss, and hopefully something will happen that brings him through. And to all the people acting like they doubt your story, or bitching about your reaction to the event, fuck off. People react to things differently - it doesn't matter how he reacts.
    Manifestation of Punishment avatar
    Mantra
    Manifestation of Punishment
    URL to post:
  • KidStyle avatar
    KidStyle Joined 13y ago
    146 points Ranked 60958th
    6 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by poopoop Thanks guys i just got word from the hospital. their gona take him off life support and wake him up to see wut kinda condition he is iether later tonight or tomorow
    If hes in a vegatative state, he might as well be dead. Im sorry for being harsh and hopefully he comes out okay. But if that isnt the case then I suggest just letting him die. I would do the same to my dad if he turned out to be a vegtable after 4 heart attacks and a coma.
    Skank for her avatar
    Mantra
    Skank for her
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by KidStyle
    Posted by poopoop Thanks guys i just got word from the hospital. their gona take him off life support and wake him up to see wut kinda condition he is iether later tonight or tomorow
    If hes in a vegatative state, he might as well be dead. Im sorry for being harsh and hopefully he comes out okay. But if that isnt the case then I suggest just letting him die. I would do the same to my dad if he turned out to be a vegtable after 4 heart attacks and a coma.
    thats wut we're gona do. he wouldnt have wanted us to have to take care of him for the rest of our lives. but he might only loose some (or all) of his memory and we'll have to re-teach him everything he learned in the past which will be hard.
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Ionik avatar
    Ionik Joined 13y ago
    3,327 points Ranked 2486th
    access_time 11y
    I hate to start a flamefest here, but why post this in the forums? Post it in your blogs. Also, some of us really don't give a shit. But if it's true, sorry anyhow. Hope everything is alright.
    Downfall of us all. avatar
    Mantra
    Downfall of us all.
    URL to post:
  • Warder avatar
    Warder Joined 12y ago
    1,181 points Ranked 23048th
    access_time 11y
    My father died from a heart attack, I really feel for you. That was about nine to ten years ago, I really hope medicine and technology has improved since then to help out your dad. Stay strong and best of luck.
    Hi FPSB
    URL to post:
  • Pyramid Head avatar
    Pyramid Head Joined 11y ago
    342 points Ranked 49250th
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Ionik I hate to start a flamefest here, but why post this in the forums? Post it in your blogs. Also, some of us really don't give a shit. But if it's true, sorry anyhow. Hope everything is alright.
    Some of us use the forums for consolation, and I also have made posts like this before, such as when my uncle passed away recently. It makes you feel a little better when you read the posts that other people are sorry, share a common experience, or give you advice to cope with the tragedy. Shared sorrow is half the sorrow, and it's an incredible relief to hear from other people who have had experiences like yours, and have survived them. As for posting in the forum other than the blog, More people read the forums - no one would read my blog. And it's off-topic.
    Manifestation of Punishment avatar
    Mantra
    Manifestation of Punishment
    URL to post:
  • Street avatar
    Street Joined 12y ago
    2,988 points Ranked 19755th
    access_time 11y
    I haven't read any of the replies but i know what its like, my dad committed suicide when i was 6 years old. If you look on the bright side you got really close to him and knew him well. I barely remember anything about my father so if you look at the glass as half full you are lucky to have known him so well. I wish you the best of luck.
    Jerk me off and call me Sally avatar
    Mantra
    Jerk me off and call me Sally
    URL to post:
  • codybiroth avatar
    codybiroth Joined 12y ago
    5,163 points Ranked 1285th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Lets hope your dad just has some minor brain damage.
    Destroy What Destroys You. avatar
    Mantra
    Destroy What Destroys You.
    URL to post:
  • Amen avatar
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Ionik I hate to start a flamefest here, but why post this in the forums? Post it in your blogs. Also, some of us really don't give a shit. But if it's true, sorry anyhow. Hope everything is alright.
    Only a complete asshole with no heart or feelings for others wouldn't give a shit.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
    URL to post:
  • KidStyle avatar
    KidStyle Joined 13y ago
    146 points Ranked 60958th
    6 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Posted by KidStyle
    Yeah. Ill keep your dad in my prayers. Hopefully he'll turn out alright. Does his doctors know when he'll come out of the coma?
    Skank for her avatar
    Mantra
    Skank for her
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by KidStyle
    Posted by KidStyle
    Yeah. Ill keep your dad in my prayers. Hopefully he'll turn out alright. Does his doctors know when he'll come out of the coma?
    i dont think so. but once he does they're going to run the tests to determine how much brain damage he got. and thanks for the kind words guys
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Porcelain avatar
    Porcelain Joined 14y ago
    10,115 points Ranked 572nd
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Poopoop. Brother, I'm fucking so sorry. This is very bad man. I mean my mom lost her dad at age 7. Growing up in the 60's with 2 brothers and 1 mom and her was pretty hard to Mitch. While I can't guarente you will be completely mentally stable after this incident, you will not be so bad. Just keep hope, he can pull through.
    I'm screaming, this life is a  avatar
    Mantra
    I'm screaming, this life is a
    URL to post:
  • Metal-Head avatar
    Metal-Head Joined 12y ago
    459 points Ranked 46280th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    access_time 11y
    :o, You think you have it bad! I'm blind in one eye, and about to be bankrupt :( But, I'm very sorry.
    One Man Army avatar
    Mantra
    One Man Army
    URL to post:
  • Kangaroux avatar
    Kangaroux Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by poopoop
    Posted by KidStyle
    thats wut we're gona do. he wouldnt have wanted us to have to take care of him for the rest of our lives. but he might only loose some (or all) of his memory and we'll have to re-teach him everything he learned in the past which will be hard.
    "Ok dad, lets try this again. When you have to go to the bathroom, you use the toilet, not the sink"
    Mantra
    I'm back, bitches.
    URL to post:
  • Kangaroux avatar
    Kangaroux Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Fucking double post, sorry
    Mantra
    I'm back, bitches.
    URL to post:
  • ircmaster avatar
    ircmaster username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,609 points Ranked 2218th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    access_time 11y
    That really sucks, my friend's best friend was shot and became a vegetable so I kinda know what people have to go through. I wish him the best of luck in recovering and hopefully it will be fine.
    Not the master of IRC
    URL to post:
  • waffleburger avatar
    waffleburger Joined 12y ago
    3,274 points Ranked 2564th
    access_time 11y
    That sucks man. but always remember. theres a reason for everything.
    Woooooo avatar
    Mantra
    Woooooo
    URL to post:
  • Burnfingers avatar
    Burnfingers username pic Joined 12y ago
    131,256 points Ranked 20th
    24 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Wow. my grandfather had 7 heart attacks, and spent the last 12 years of his life with only half his heart working. a close family friend had several and finally had to get a transplant... so i kinda know what ur going through... everytime we wernt sure if theys make it or not. really tears a person appart... and it suks worse that a non-turbo Supra. all we can do is hope for the best. im not the praying type, but ill pray for him AND you anyway. good luck, best hopes.
    aka [-B-] avatar
    Mantra
    aka [-B-]
    URL to post:
  • xCanadiansoldier avatar
    xCanadiansoldier Joined 13y ago
    3,194 points Ranked 2732nd
    access_time 11y
    Shit man, i hope your father will be okay. Damn..
    URL to post:
  • Ionik avatar
    Ionik Joined 13y ago
    3,327 points Ranked 2486th
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Amen
    Only a complete asshole with no heart or feelings for others wouldn't give a shit.
    Chill out bro, I have a heart. It keeps me alive, it doesnt make me feel sorry. I've seen a million of these threads.
    Downfall of us all. avatar
    Mantra
    Downfall of us all.
    URL to post:
  • RuberGruber avatar
    RuberGruber Joined 14y ago
    3,853 points Ranked 2058th
    access_time 11y
    Posted by Ionik
    Posted by Amen
    Chill out bro, I have a heart. It keeps me alive, it doesnt make me feel sorry. I've seen a million of these threads.
    I'd rather it be something important like the loss of a loved one, then "hey I'm back" or "I'm new" thread. Back on Topic: Hope your father pulls through, but other than that stay strong.
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.
    URL to post:
  • Swifty avatar
    Swifty username pic Joined 13y ago
    3,526 points Ranked 2281st
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    Hopefully he is okay, but the one thing is he wants you to always be happy,
    Swifter than you! avatar
    Mantra
    Swifter than you!
    URL to post:
  • bLackk avatar
    bLackk Joined 12y ago
    2,411 points Ranked 20221st
    access_time 11y
    I'll pray for you Dad tonight :) Before going to bed :) <3
    Dude. Riped Banana. avatar
    Mantra
    Dude. Riped Banana.
    URL to post:
  • poopoop avatar
    poopoop Joined 12y ago
    access_time 11y
    Thanks for the kind words everyone im feeling a bit better now, hopefully he'll pull though
    diareah power avatar
    Mantra
    diareah power
    URL to post:
  • Kool Aid avatar
    Kool Aid Joined 12y ago
    299 points Ranked 50739th
    access_time 11y
    Even if the chances are slim, dont let your hopes down, even if you arent religous, pray, I do. Its worth a try eh?
    Ooooh Yeah!
    URL to post:
  • SergeantMajor avatar
    SergeantMajor Joined 13y ago
    access_time 11y
    All i could think of when i read all this was: Fucking no... Seriously, I never lost anyone close to me, and i can only barely imagine the pain it must cause. The only thing I can do is wish you and your family luck. I hope it gets better for ya'll.
    URL to post:
  • ximx avatar
    ximx Joined 11y ago
    262 points Ranked 52315th
    access_time 11y
    Dude, as somebody earlier said, i usually laught at the stories on FPSB, but this one is just downright sad. I have close ones die too, but dude, in a few years, when this is all over, and your dad is fine(hopefully), it wont seem as bad. you just gotta wait for that day. Everything will be alright, just gotta wait, keep a positive attitude, and never give up on your hopes and prayers. I'm about as far from christian as you can get, but i will pray for your dad tonight anyway. Good luck dude, and never lose hope.
    I'm not hacking, I'm just Asia
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

poopoop avatar
poopoop Joined 12y ago