Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Vince/WWE vs. Bikini Hangout, Don't ...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

"Vince vs. Bikini Hangout, Don't Count Ted Out Yet" by Maria Sarrez Okay maybe I've lost my mind or perhaps in need of a vacation; you can say whatever you wish but before you do anything listen to this. As a freelance journalist I have been tracking the activities of Bikini Hangout (and the entertainment industry at large) for the last year and a half. During this time I have discovered that the franchise is run by a very aggressive group of people with instructions and money from its parent company Digital USA to promote everything from modeling to gaming. This was solidified by their signing of former WWE superstar Rena Mero (aka Sable) last summer. Now with the sudden announcement of Ted Turner's departure from AOL TimeWarner, I have good reason to believe that there may be something good cooking between Turner and the folks at Digital USA. Again, I may be about to make a big deal over nothing but let me further state my case. Upon visiting the BH site, why are there links to that of Turner broadcasting? What has that got to do with bikinis anyway? Why the sudden influx to BH from such wrestling talent from the AWA, NWA, and APW? To answer these questions I had the privilege of speaking with the Chairman/CEO of the Digital USA media corporation, A.B. Roundtree, several days ago at their Las Vegas office. I asked him a few questions about his company and where it might be headed (as far as wrestling is concerned) and I got much more than I bargained for. He stated that the WWA had been in contact with his staff in the last week and when I asked if he had plans of entering the wrestling business he said "when the time comes we'll be delivering the real thing, and not today's phony version of sports entertainment." He went on to explain that the current state of wrestling is "questionable at best and lacks the athleticism of one man or woman vs. another [i.e. boxing>" as opposed to relying on personality/ego alone. That statement reminded me of the old days when the sport was in its truest form with matches like that of Dusty Rhodes vs. Rick Flair or Hulk Hogan vs. big Andre The Giant. I also asked if he thought he could take Vince McMahon and his reply was "Well, he's an old man." Finally, I asked point blank if his company was working with the Turner organization (or whatever is left of it) and he said he wouldn't comment on it. No one in the Turner stables was available for comment. Here is an excerpt from Digital USA's mission statement: "Digital USA interactive network is developing and acquiring unique brands in the area of fitness, sports, travel, lifestyle, film and music. Bikini Hangout is the first installment of our lineup of distinct brands with an immensely popular following." My intuition is telling me that there might be a new entrant into the business of professional wrestling that may break new ground, new talent, and new beginnings for my favorite form of entertainment. And if this will in fact be backed by a 'hired gun' like Turner then it could come sooner than later. See pictures of Digital USA Chief, A.B. "Big Al" Roundtree See Bikini Hangout (Turner links at top left) Parent Company Site

Replies

No replies yet

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

marias avatar
marias Joined 17y ago